• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
I use Zamus now.

She's pretty good. :)

kadaj's lack of control on wifi amazes me sometimes

like 3 f-smashes on a platform really?

i know ur trying to do platform drop f-air but at least adjust after one time loooool
lol story of my wifi life. :laugh:

ooh and in other news I nao have mpt back, just btw. :D Aaand Peppermint's almost done. Bad week passed, good week begin!

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
i think we should delve more into using memes whilst vaguely remaining on topic.

is anything new ever going to come up for marth beside textures?

i jab basically every time i hit the ground and decide not to walk/dash anywhere.

i'm starting to use first hit nair more, but i always end up just jabbing afterward because i'm not sure if it's going to work and i jab when i get scared.

∫unk

Smash Master
first hit n-air has horrible range

n-air in general is like poking your head out and marth's yelling "HIT ME RIGHT HERE" while he swings at the ground

thats why n-air is good for ledge traps cause they're coming from below and the move lasts longer so you have bigger leeway on your read

or if you're falling from a full hop

basically being above them

im so horrible vs olimar im going to study the crap out of that matchup

clowsui

Smash Legend
nair is for beating airdodges and scaring the f*** out of people as they're coming down, ledge traps too

it's also legitimate shield pressure on ics if you follow up with 1-2 spaced dtilts

jab *****, as soon as you land one they somehow end up in perfect range for tipper db

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey guys, got a question. What is the best way to play Marth in teams?

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Steel and a couple other good Marths: "In teams I just hold the stocks."
I could never tell how sarcastic they were being.

I think Shaya's mad.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
If you plan on playing Marth in teams, the best thing to do is, when on the character select screen, push the b button and place your coin on Meta Knight, then proceed to push start and play the match.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
So lucky.
Whenever I did anything worthy of infraction, I got 2 points ;_;

Also, marth is overrated imo lolz. Teams he's pretty icky compared to G&W and Wario. I like DB, fair, and dtilt, and those are like the only thing I'll use in doubles if I ever go marth, since for some odd reason things are 10x punishable in doubles lol. Though when I want to kill, nair or usmash are what I use, unless I get a clean setup for tipper fsmash lol.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
I used to think Marth could be good in doubles but it's really only when he's paired with certain characters, very few imo.

One of the reasons I think he can do so well in singles is that despite his weight, he can keep away from kill moves. In doubles someone can just walk up to you and do something stupid and you're boned >_>

I like Marth/MK. I teamed with Inui a few games at SNES against OBM and Buuman and I think it's a pretty good team combination but again, OBM's GnW would just come out of nowhere sometimes and kill me super early with a usmash/dsmash -_-

I actually have been having more success/fun in doubles with Ice Climbers than Marth, and am probably just going to play Snake in tournament next time.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
PD marth doesnt die in doubles unless you play dumb

when me and will team, i sometimes outlive him by alot, and hes a ****ing DK lol Marth can just space and play really safe, people will rush up and try to kill cuz ur @ death percent, and because playing defensive in brawl is so good, youll get alot of percent on them before they kill you

I tank in doubles with marth all dai!

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion

when me and will team, i sometimes outlive him by alot, and hes a ****ing DK lol Marth can just space and play really safe, people will rush up and try to kill cuz ur @ death percent, and because playing defensive in brawl is so good, youll get alot of percent on them before they kill you

Because you play with Will.

When I play with Kirin it's a lot different. I think Marth DK is really good which is why I like teaming with Will. DK gives you a lot of backup. Mario gives a significant amount less lol.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
You don't need back up... most teams will have one person running up at ya, and u can just space and stay alive, while ur partner gets the other one. Imo alot of characters work well with marth, i dont believe in only certain chars work and stuff ;p

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
You don't need back up... most teams will have one person running up at ya, and u can just space and stay alive, while ur partner gets the other one. Imo alot of characters work well with marth, i dont believe in only certain chars work and stuff ;p
Also, you don't know my pain of lacking kill power lol. Marth/Mario has so much trouble killing lol.

I just don't think Marth is great in doubles. Snake is just...so much better lol

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Snake is not that great in doubles. He gets gimped so fast :(

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Ever played against Double MK with A snake on your team.

It sucks balls.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
That would be a dream come true for me LOL

Hold a nade and Shield. There now you won't go off the stage.
No snake is horrible in dubz with 2MK's ask Ally. He had a hard time dealing with my MK while pgn held off m2k. Just one is hard enough.
Ever played against Double MK with A snake on your team.

It sucks balls.
True

Nooooooooooooooooooo

marth > snake in doubles

IMO. Im really biased xD
Insanely Biased. <3

This is true. When me and mage played them I took will's 3stock before minty died once >_>;

Broly

Smash Lord
snake can kill and stock tank, but does gets gimped. however, snake can stay alive much better than marth overall, and can be played with alot of characters. marth cant really

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Ally's style isn't the style of a doubles Snake imo, he's actually bad in doubles. His style is more fit for singles, grabbing a lot and using rolls/spotdodges.

I would much prefer Snake in doubles vs. Dub MK than Marth

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
CM u teaming with pgn for gt?
Yes.
Ally's style isn't the style of a doubles Snake imo, he's actually bad in doubles. His style is more fit for singles, grabbing a lot and using rolls/spotdodges.

I would much prefer Snake in doubles vs. Dub MK than Marth
I would perfer snake then marth in that situation too. but i dont use marth in dubz.

Top Bottom