• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

clowsui

Smash Legend
@steel: haha i guess, i talked to him later about it and he said he wasn't sandbagging loool

he did the same things that he did to mike vs. me, thankfully i studied the videos the day before so i knew how to at least space against it. lain had to use utilt against me as opposed to just bairs like he does against 99% of marths out there or so he says...he said it was hard to edgeguard me XD

w/e, i'm happy i even took a game off of him using falco

edit: william don't post when i'm posting > (

Broly

Smash Lord
he used snake. i had him on halberd but fking d-air killed me up at 80ish percent...then with phantom x i did the dtilt infinite to 160 then up-b on ps1's tree in the fire transformation, and he DI'ed it and ended up winning. was last stock. was so pissed.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Ahem, the only smash math you'll ever need:

Broly = best marth in texas, Texas = best state in the world, Broly = Best marth in the world

<3Broly

Good stuff man, I don't feel as bad about getting three stocked by you any more and I promise it won't happen again ;)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Dtilt lock isn't reliable anymore seeing as some people are exceptional at SDI, and they constantly have 5 frames to spam out of it (someone prepared for it will be mashing and getting up to 2 [god maybe 3] movements per hit).

You should have promptly ended it with a dsmash/upsmash at any sign of them being able to get out. Or if you're at the part im thinking of dsmash at like 120%, foot hitbox on dsmash = ****.

Reizilla

wouldn't up tilt come out quicker than both of those and doesn't it hit harder than up smash too? or not at that particular hit box?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
dsmash comes out on the same frame, has more knockback, and is low swooping like dtilt.

utilt's front animation doesn't match animation (in a bad way). In actuality the animation makes you think that the front part is on the Z-axis. In fact it doesn't seem to be the case. Simply increasing the hitbox size for that hitbox without messing with coordinates made it hit on the "standard z-axis."

Broly

Smash Lord
i just thought that dsmash wouldnt come out fast enough and was scared he coulda blocked it. it was in the left side under the tree so i doubt you can sdi outta it. could i have grab released him? or would ps1's change of landscape break th grab?

Albert.

Smash Master
Ahem, the only smash math you'll ever need:

Broly = best marth in texas, Texas = best state in the world, Broly = Best marth in the world

<3Broly

Good stuff man, I don't feel as bad about getting three stocked by you any more and I promise it won't happen again ;)
what's with the random Texas loyalty?

wouldn't up tilt come out quicker than both of those and doesn't it hit harder than up smash too? or not at that particular hit box?
and if you're doing a DTilt infinite, doing an uptilt might not reach them.

Player-3

Smash Hero

cuz....he lievs in texas maeybe
:V

i just thought that dsmash wouldnt come out fast enough and was scared he coulda blocked it. it was in the left side under the tree so i doubt you can sdi outta it. could i have grab released him? or would ps1's change of landscape break th grab?
dsmash is one frame slower than DS, its frame 6

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Believe me when I say you can sdi out of it.

Dsmash footbox because you would have been THAT CLOSE, has a more powerful than forward smash HIT, that has a trajectory that is like dtilt (i.e. like 25 degrees), against the tree they would have gone FLYING downwards off the stage.

Oh, but in reality, dtilting any character until 160% WAS STUPID.
Once dtilt loses its combo ability, yeah, they could have been able to shield anything, and they can start to DI it normally.

130-140% (approximate guess) is the max you'd dtilt a wario. After that it was your god **** fault for ****ing up.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Btw by like 25 degrees he meant 40 degrees which can be DI'd all the way to the side-up (in fact it is the exact same trajectory as Dolphin Slash).

The gods were not kind to you Broly.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Can anyone tell me why Marth dittos are so gay.

I hate them so much. Regardless of if I'm winning more or losing more. Seriously.

I had like 3-4 sets of Marth dittos at Hobo 18. ;__;

Broly

Smash Lord
yea felt like it, but he was trying to di n couldnt. i messed up, i usually upsmash but the side of the tree was roofing us and i thouught hed just land same spot. oh well, next time ill remember

ghneko- i find them fun. im guessing the spacing game is gay. but my edgeguard against them are pretty pro.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Marth dittos are like a tug of war where you're both pulling the rope in the same direction. There's just something dumb and wrong about it.

On another note, Junk has me saying the word dumb all the time now. So dumb.
I don't know why it rubbed off on me after we stopped talking as much.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I think I hate them because as soon as a Marth does something the other marth never has done before, they do it to you right after it.

I Fthrow > Up B sweetspot'd the Marth I was playing, and didnt kill, and the very first thing he does to me when he grabs me like 3 seconds later is exactly that and I die from it due to Euro DI.

It's a pet peeve of mine when People use my own tactics against me when they've never used or knew about it before, especially right after me.

And I hate momentum shifts. Especially in Marth dittos. And Marth in Plus is all ABOUT momentum. Even more than Falcon or MK. e__e

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
junk spams dumb

also broly out of pure curiosity, which part of the controller do you use your tongue for?

Reizilla

my smash math = sarcasm

and i thought he was dtilting him on the other side, which would have meant him trying to DI up, which would have definitely let uptilt hit him and maybe dsmash miss. my bad though.

Broly

Smash Lord
junk spams dumb

also broly out of pure curiosity, which part of the controller do you use your tongue for?
LOL, i actually use my cheek w/ my tongue pushing from within my mouth to press the buttons. i use my chin at times as well to use c-stick. been like that since nes when i was 2

i use ''y'' as shield and tap jump off

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
ohh i was gonna say wouldn't your controller get messy like that XD

btw NEO loves your play style lol

Broly

Smash Lord
yea ive heard neo giving me compliments on livechat. i try my best to be a rush down marth, but i gotta be rid of some bad habits like up-bs on final and dancing blades down direction combo. melee bad habit

i can DS outta oos its just im not used to doing it. im pretty crafty to say the least

Top Bottom