• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Player-3

Smash Hero
yeah it was some cf vs pt matchup thread in the pt boards

i made a wall of text full of actual matchup advice and alot of flame at the pt boards for being so elitist towards cf

twice
two different posts, not like a double click
so i got like
two accounts of major spam, a double post, and a flame

or something like that
lmao

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Hmm...who has posted? I posted as much as NEO, Im **** xP

Oh uh, Minty I had the same habit, I told myself Im only gonna use it to kill, and it got better lol

Player-3

Smash Hero
side b oos instead

yeah albert, a GA monthly tourny thread that was mostly spam got moved so i lost like 1k posts

it had like 400 pages and im on 40 ppp lmaooo

i wasnt even the worst spammer

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
K, ive come to the conclusion me spamming up-b OOS does not work at a high level, any tips for me to get rid of this habit?
lol, yeah. you'll get to the point where people are just going to flat out bait it

its just a mental habit you ahve to overcome. work on other OOS options like aerialing oos

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Yeah... i went to a tourney yesterday, I kept dieing cuz of it lol. LIke i swear itll hit them, then all of a sdden it misses, and i lose ;(

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
2 infractions only, but 3 warnings. lol.

Do you guys have any advice against people spamming Dancing Blade? That move always gets me when playing Marths.

∫unk

Smash Master
if youre only getting hit by db then there's nothing to worry about

it's scarier if they're using db to set up into other stuff

MintyFlesh - use jab where you want to up b now youre a lot safer

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Yeah... i went to a tourney yesterday, I kept dieing cuz of it lol. LIke i swear itll hit them, then all of a sdden it misses, and i lose ;(
Where they shielding your UpB's or sidestepping them or what? Like steel said work on your aerials out of shield, Dair is pretty good cause fullhop Dair OoS *****.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
2 infractions only, but 3 warnings. lol.

Do you guys have any advice against people spamming Dancing Blade? That move always gets me when playing Marths.
Shield and they're pretty much screwed. But like Junk said, if they're just spamming it don't worry too much about it. The first one hurts but each hit decays it. So by the time they hit you with two full dancing blades, it will be 90% decayed. Crap damage.

Who are you usually playing as vs Marth oni?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Shield and they're pretty much screwed. But like Junk said, if they're just spamming it don't worry too much about it. The first one hurts but each hit decays it. So by the time they hit you with two full dancing blades, it will be 90% decayed. Crap damage.

Who are you usually playing as vs Marth oni?
Okay, thanks.

I'm usually either playing Sheik/Zelda or Zero Suit Samus (my main/secondary, lol). Sometimes I use Wolf.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
You're using Sheik?

Make use of your mobility and ability to be evasive. If you feel you're being zoned simply dash away from Marth. Place your hitboxes where his sword isn't.

If you get him to misspace it and the first few hits miss you have a really small window to punish him between the 3rd and 4th hit.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
i was drunk as **** last night and broke a 200 dollar glass table at a friends house

hands are sliced up, legs are sliced up, it even hit my ****ing face

<-- iz. big. idiot.

Roxas M

Smash Master
It's time for another WHO HAS POSTED?

Thunder Of Spam 576
§teel 518
∫unk 475
Rukkiko 394
Tennet 387
BassAlbert 370
Shaya 314
VietGeek 308
feardragon64 268
BengalsRZ 255
BacklashMarth 247
Darxmarth23 235
_kadaj_ 234
Player-3 230
marthshadow 221
ChaosKnight 210
i posted that much already?
K, ive come to the conclusion me spamming up-b OOS does not work at a high level, any tips for me to get rid of this habit?
i haven't faced alot of high-level people but the ones i have faced it never works. i just stop using it because i get ***** for doing it. *looks at junk*

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
sweet, i'm top 20 in this thread. I think two threads make up 80% of my post count. I'll go check now...

edit: 78% to be exact.

So, I kinda feel like picking up MK for the MK/Marth matchups, but I also feel like trying to be honorable and say that I go all Marth in tournaments. Hmm, what to do?

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Lmao Neo. Smooth. :laugh:

It's time for another WHO HAS POSTED?

Thunder Of Spam 576
§teel 518
∫unk 475
Rukkiko 394
Tennet 387
BassAlbert 370
Shaya 314
VietGeek 308
feardragon64 268
BengalsRZ 255
BacklashMarth 247
Darxmarth23 235
_kadaj_ 234
Player-3 230
marthshadow 221
ChaosKnight 210
S.O.L.I.D. 197
AlMoStLeGeNdArY 185
mikeHAZE 179
My Zombie Dog Ate Me 147
phi1ny3 137
Viquey 137
Punishment Divine 127
adumbrodeus 122
clowsui 112
En.Ee.Oh 101
Hahaha really? Wow. :laugh:

Reading this thread and the zamus threads make me wanna play moar, but I've got the awesometacular Metroid Prime in and can't switch atm. >.<

Ah well. I'll keep switching between that and modeling Peppermint 'til I finish MP. Then I could take a brawl break between MP and MP2. XD

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Backlash is incorrect.

You got textures without INSTALLING homebrew. But every time you use the Brawl exploit? Gecko OS? Homebrew.

Get @ me yall.

Top Bottom