• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Wizard Of Seraphym

Smash Cadet
so I leave for half a day and theres four new pages?!

wtf. (kidding around)

anyways, I never got the reception vis did when i was new! /sob
(not that i'm not still new, I just don't feel new, you know?)

Empty complaints are empty, I'm just really bored.

and Marth has a pointy sword that can glow four different colors yay

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
I'd be happy to make you a signature =D *goes to change siggy from quotation to picture*

PM me your specifications and I'll see what I can do for you! (Unless you want someone else to do it, in which case I would not be at all offended.)

BTW I'll be here, so just VM/PM me when you want to play some matches. I should be free all day.
/No life

Mindgamez!
Thanks for the offer! I might have to take you up on that if my own attempts continue to fail. XD

Also, cool! Will do once I warm up a bit. :D

More on topic: WTF I've gotten into the habit of spamming fsmash yet again. I don't mean to be. D: Though half the time it's 'cause I press too lightly on the control stick in an attempt to short hop a fair, and fail to short hop. XD Also, note to self--DS OOS moar. Iunno why, but my reflex has suddenly become to dsmash oos, or usmash. I do not understand my own brain! :psycho: Ah well. Doesn't matter, 'cause I'm not any good anyway :D

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
Up smash OoS is a good idea if they space such that you can hit them because it puts them up in the air and you can proceed to **** them. D-smash is nice if they are out of the range of your Up smash, but only if they are in lag because if they spot dodge it or shield it, you are screwed. It has a very fast start up time, 6 frames iirc? but has Huge lag afterwards, especially since the second swing wont hit them, so you need experience of when to use each and you'll be fine.

Stop Fsmashing start Dtilting, it does as much damage if you chain 2 of them, with the iasa frames theres alott less lag and it pressures better
Fsmash kinda sucks (except on metaknights 'Nado and wario)

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Ah, thanks for the advice. :D If only I had a way to get that experience, though. Wifi sucks, as I'm realizing more and more every laggy, unresponsive, lost brawl. XD Which only leaves CPUs...

Although a tipped fsmash KO is luff, one must admit~ :3

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Careful Viquey, playing CPUs will make you develop some bad habits that wont work against live opponents. When it comes to practicing your spacing and techniques and whatnot then its fine. But when it comes down to it wifi ends up being better for learning if you dont have any other good opponents around you to play in person.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I can imagine, about those bad habits. Unfortunately, all my wifi connections are terrible. I haven't been able to connect to the With Anyone mode at all for days. And most of my Friends' connections are so slow they're at a standstill. My location there really is accurate, eh? XD

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
think of it as a long-term relationship with a woman

would u live w/ a volumpous woman thats spoiled and fouled manner

who only has skindeep beauty

or a woman who is genuinely kind and still looks decent

this isnt a brawl vs melee debate in disguise

just saying

also im the best

i play red marth

im the best

my mindgames are superior

im just the best

j/k
lol's your so wrong
its more like would you rather have a woman who is slow and boring, or a woman who is fast that you can combo and enjoy again and again and again ;)

VietGeek

Smash Hero
lol's your so wrong
its more like would you rather have a woman who is slow and boring, or a woman who is fast that you can combo and enjoy again and again and again ;)
LOL 1-UP COMBOS

Kinda the same thing sorta, CK (ChaosKnight vs CHEESE-KUN over initials now) seems to be talking about balance in the game engine (SSBB flaws are blindingly obvious, Melee's flaws are apparent but pros > cons)

You compare it by general gist of what the games are about.

Seems to me like a "same difference thing" (yay oxymorons?)

But it's not in our place to speak of this any longer, for fear it may spark things.

Also Marth boards need to get that trip to Japan made into a reality. Summer 2010.

We'd all be bored of SSBB by then anyways. mirite

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
the lady took the baby
i know she loves the baby but the baby has a daddy
and his daddy loves him too
how could she take the baby?
maybe she's gone crazy
she won't share, it's not fair
there's nothing i can do..

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
The average female in japan also wears ~ 6 inch stilettos which make her look taller but also make her limp, opposed to walk, and has a boyfriend with brown-orange hair (they both have the same color hair usually) who is slightly pudgy with neck length wavy hair.

And the girls are hawt

Viquey: playing CPUs isnt a bad idea as long as you understand that all you can do by fighting CPUs are practicing spacing, grab release combos and getting more used to your characters moves. CPUs will not help against matchup experience at all and will not help you in a match against human opponents, so very few people on the boards play against them. If you start thinking that you can do combos to a real person that you do to a CPU, you are wrong. Since marth has a high skill curve, i wouldnt recommend it except for grab release combos (metaknight and Fair, wario and Fsmash, squirtle and chaingrab--> spike are the main ones IMO)

im going to japan summer 2010 anyway since i cant make it this winter, so tell me where you guys are gonna be and ill drop by to chill for a week =P

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
ToZ why do you like almost exclusively post on social threads?
I don't I post in tournament threads. I don't post more than necessary in threads that have a specific purpose. The threads that I visit with frequency are:
GFX Critique
MGD
OTL Social
Marth Q&A
Perfect World Tournament
Random OTLs

Two of these could be considered "Social Threads"
This is Marth General Discussion, so I think I speak for all of us when I say: If you have nothing worthwhile to post, then don't post it, please.

BTW: PM me if you want to discuss any of this further. I've gotten into the bad habit of starting arguements in threads that Virg moderates. :psycho:

Thanks for the offer! I might have to take you up on that if my own attempts continue to fail. XD
Alright, just hit me up anytime.

control stick
Do you use this to jump? If so, I highly recommend that you start using Y.

Wizard Of Seraphym

Smash Cadet
in response to Viet's question thingy ( i know it was sarcasm but why not?)

I mained C. falcon in melee and thougt i was all that cuz I could beat medium mode by spamming raptor boost

when SSBB came out i was like, f*** i sucks, imma grab marth an get good at this game

and so now I'm playing tourney level, which is the reason i play SSBB :/

or because i lost my melee disk. one or the other.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
XDD Both sides have strong arguments!

Though I read somewhere that tap jump was better for Marth. O.o What are the advantages of using X or Y over tap jump? And vice versa? Having finally gotten SHFFing aerials down with tap jump, a, and/or cstick, I'm not too terribly inclined to change. XD

Doomblaze: I see I see. Well, I have to practice those things anyway. XD I'll poke at my wifi a bit more in hopes of finding a good connection with someone. ^^

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Cheese-Kun isn't a person, it's an alternate pseudonym for VietGeek.

Ignore it's existance; for it will always just be VietGeek's opinions.

Continue to ignore VietGeek's real opinions posting on his real account tooo!

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord

Though I read somewhere that tap jump was better for Marth. O.o What are the advantages of using X or Y over tap jump? And vice versa? Having finally gotten SHFFing aerials down with tap jump, a, and/or cstick, I'm not too terribly inclined to change. XD

Doomblaze: I see I see. Well, I have to practice those things anyway. XD I'll poke at my wifi a bit more in hopes of finding a good connection with someone. ^^
What me and ToZ (who happens to not know that X is the superior jump button and always will be) is that you should leave tap jump on for DS OoS and for all other occasions you should be using the jump *cough* X *cough* button to jump. Do not question this, just do it.

P.S. @ ToZ: There is also no "Y" in...NO U!!!

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Cheese-Kun isn't a person, it's an alternate pseudonym for VietGeek.

Ignore it's existance; for it will always just be VietGeek's opinions.

Continue to ignore VietGeek's real opinions posting on his real account tooo!
Cheese-kun is an entity.

I am an entity.

We are separate entities.

You need to post reasons why you dislike me.

At least Ankoku hinted at stuff and threatened to raid my Command Center with Queen's Infest option.

You're like:

"Oh, Inko-chan? Wtf this is unreasonable hate hate hate"

Oh I remember now.

I use Tate in Fire Emblem 6 and Tate is garbage!

EDIT: Perhaps you had an aversion to soy sauce since a child?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
^^^ I use Tate too! :D

Does that mean I'm gonna start getting the hate as well? :(

About buttons, you could say that Y is closer to the B button, but it still sucks because I can't competently put my finger on both A and Y like I can with A and X. X is also just a cooler letter in general.

Steel_Samurai

Smash Journeyman
X is the superior button, it is true
I only use Y for like... SHDL with fox in melee, or full hop nair with snake,
since I can hit Y, then lay the rest of my thumb on A

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
I use "Y" to jump. I use it because I find it much easier to reach. I can also slide my thumb for quick aerials. Maybe it's just personal preference, but I might just give "X" a try.

Tap jump is good to stay "On" in your controller setting, but it is not good to use for jumping. Tap Jump "On" is used, as BackSlash said, for DS OoS. What it does is:
You press up+B for Dolphin Slash while holding your shield. The up registers as a jump, which cancels your shield, and then the Dolphin Slash follows instantly.

P.S. @ ToZ: There is also no "Y" in...NO U!!!
No you!

Albert.

Smash Master
^^^^ He can't be a genius if he keeps typing in that God-awful font color.

Its not about you having your cool color. Its about you forcing us to strain to read it.

Or maybe it's just me, I'm kind of color blind.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
So uhm.. I think you guys have the worst forward roll in the game. Invincibility starting on Frame 6?

Gotta love Snake's 4 frame ftilt.

<3
*DS OoS. Get outta town*

@BCA: It matches my signature and I use Classic Blue skin so it's easy enough for me.

Mintzsquee

Smash Apprentice
Whatever happened to that guy who promised to make me a DMC Vergil texture for Marth...
I'm working on it. (Unless you're referring to somebody else ._.)
Lots of things happening lately, haven't even seen my Wii nor heard anything about brawl until I decided to catch up on this thread today.
I will do my best to quickly finish it for you. "Quickly" as in expect a PM in a few months, lol.
*glances at Youmu and Leon*

I'm going to Hawaii for two weeks for family. What are the chances that one of the million cousins I'm supposed to meet plays smash?

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
I use "Y" to jump. I use it because I find it much easier to reach. I can also slide my thumb for quick aerials. Maybe it's just personal preference, but I might just give "X" a try.

Tap jump is good to stay "On" in your controller setting, but it is not good to use for jumping. Tap Jump "On" is used, as BackSlash said, for DS OoS. What it does is:
You press up+B for Dolphin Slash while holding your shield. The up registers as a jump, which cancels your shield, and then the Dolphin Slash follows instantly.
Well, I understand that. But what I don't understand is why it's better to just jump with x or y than tap jump. I seem to have no trouble tap jump jumping. XD

In other news, I nao has Homebrew Channel. w00t. More importantly, I nao has unrestricted camera! :D

And, despite a few random DC's, wifi With Anyone is more or less cooperating~

feardragon64

Smash Champion
So uhm.. I think you guys have the worst forward roll in the game. Invincibility starting on Frame 6?

Gotta love Snake's 4 frame ftilt.

<3
Can you buffer the ftilt?
And we've always known Marth sucks at rolling. Which is surprising. He's supposed to be relatively nimble. =\

And I guess even if you can buffer the ftilt, get up attack has faster invincibility frames right(and not sure about rolling back). So that only covers 1 option?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Can you buffer the ftilt?
And we've always known Marth sucks at rolling. Which is surprising. He's supposed to be relatively nimble. =\

And I guess even if you can buffer the ftilt, get up attack has faster invincibility frames right(and not sure about rolling back). So that only covers 1 option?

Yes, we can ftilt or jab.

Jabbing then shielding covers all of your options for the most part. <_< I think we end up powershielding the getup attack.

After we shield, if the jab didnt hit (meaning you didn't forward roll) and you roll backwards. shield drop > ftilt gets you.

If you getup attack, powershield > grab gets you.

If you do a normal getup > if you spam up-B you may escape... Although we may be able to grab you if we are fast enough :x

If you stay still, OoS dair gets you.

Top Bottom