• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Well, I understand that. But what I don't understand is why it's better to just jump with x or y than tap jump. I seem to have no trouble tap jump jumping. XD

In other news, I nao has Homebrew Channel. w00t. More importantly, I nao has unrestricted camera! :D

And, despite a few random DC's, wifi With Anyone is more or less cooperating~
It's more difficult to do certain aerials, direct your jumps, etc. I used to use the tap jump; however, once I stopped my game became 150% of what it was before.

dabuz sliq

feardragon64

Smash Champion

Yes, we can ftilt or jab.

Jabbing then shielding covers all of your options for the most part. <_< I think we end up powershielding the getup attack.

After we shield, if the jab didnt hit (meaning you didn't forward roll) and you roll backwards. shield drop > ftilt gets you.

If you getup attack, powershield > grab gets you.

If you do a normal getup > if you spam up-B you may escape... Although we may be able to grab you if we are fast enough :x

If you stay still, OoS dair gets you.
It still relies heavily on prediction. All the stuff you said require different things at the same time. Dair OoS, shield jab, ftilting left or right. That would be fine but your reaction time has to be like 2 frames except for maybe the rolling behind you. So basically if you jab to shield, you don't cover staying still and rolling behind. If you ftilt behind you you don't cover staying still, normal get up, get up attack or rolling forward. If you dair OoS you ONLY cover staying still.

I'm not saying you're not in a good position, but it certainly doesn't cover most of Marth's options just because our forward roll invincibility starts on frame 6.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I think Marth's forward roll is pretty bad too. Good thing I never need to use this option, because Marth's dash is ****, and I just manually avoid the attacks all the time. Well spaced ftilt gets ***** by retreating options. Poorly spaced ftilt gets Dolphin Slashed. Also, Snake ALWAYS ftilts. He's reliably easy to bait. And your ftilt isn't even safe on block vs. Marth, lmao.

Still a good move, but why would I roll forward, LMAO. I mean, unless I somehow got crossed up by Snake and you're ftilting my shield? Just no.

EDIT: And stand UpB usually ***** any attempt of anything you try that isn't shield. If you jab me, I prepare to DI and back away. Good luck.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Usually i wait a sec just to mess with the snake and make him over-anticipate my next move that way when i get up or roll then his reaction is slower in a sense (usually the longer u wait for something, the slower you are to react to the event you are waiting for). I guess its kinda like playing a game of chicken with snake lol. Snakes usually arent to keen on going for the dthrow-> some attack like dtilt so its semi-safe to use pausing as a mixup.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Usually i wait a sec just to mess with the snake and make him over-anticipate my next move that way when i get up or roll then his reaction is slower in a sense (usually the longer u wait for something, the slower you are to react to the event you are waiting for). I guess its kinda like playing a game of chicken with snake lol. Snakes usually arent to keen on going for the dthrow-> some attack like dtilt so its semi-safe to use pausing as a mixup.

Karina (kawaiibunny) has insane reflexes. She chains Snake's Dthrows like nobody's business. When she sees you getting up, she sheilds>sheildgrab>dthrow. When she sees you rolling she can usually react fast enough to Run>grab>dthrow. Sometimes she screws up and then I just punish the whiffed grab, but it's ridonculous.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
who need's dtilt in that situation, uptilt works on everyone if they just lie there, I love it when people do that to me because then they die.

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
who need's dtilt in that situation, uptilt works on everyone if they just lie there, I love it when people do that to me because then they die.
I can vouch for this.

The best we can do is try to outsmart the Snake. Waiting kinda works to an extent at lower %s since most Snakes like to keep that Utilt fresh to kill with at the first attempt.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
I can vouch for this.

The best we can do is try to outsmart the Snake. Waiting kinda works to an extent at lower %s since most Snakes like to keep that Utilt fresh to kill with at the first attempt.
Snakes can refresh their moveset really easy... Grab>Pummel>throw twice is enough to totally restore their other moves; they "pummel" (we aren't quite sure what Snake is really doing) quite fast.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
(7:41:55 AM) feardragon64: is nair the new shieldbreaker?
(7:42:03 AM) Shaya: hmm
(7:42:05 AM) Shaya: hmmmm
(7:42:06 AM) Shaya: mmmmmm
(7:42:11 AM) Shaya: shieldbreakers still good
(7:42:15 AM) Shaya: but nair isssss sooooooooo much better

xDavid

Smash Cadet
Is it just me or, does anyone else have trouble playing Samus as Marth?
I mean, I normally fend for myself pretty well but, yesterday, I got my *** felt via wifi by some pro Samus.

xDavid

Smash Cadet
edit*
Well, how would you go about playing a Samus who is really good with their projectiles then?
*And they weren't WAY better, I just didn't win.

xDavid

Smash Cadet

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Getting my *** felt as in, never had that much trouble with a Samus before.
They were really good with their Z-air / projectiles.
but it was still a 1 stock difference, which I've never really had happen to me.
Lrn2waveda- Oh wait.

Just fair through her missles and jump over/step dodge/powershield the ever-predictable blue ball of plasma death. And watch that video I dug up for you.

xDavid

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the video btw, I see you kinda have to have a more offensive approach when dealing with that.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Speak for yourself, all the cool people know Filipino culture is better.
Steel2nd. Steel2nd. Steel2nd. Steel2nd. Steel2nd. Steel2nd. Steel2nd. Steel2nd. Steel2nd. Steel2nd. Steel2nd. Steel2nd. Steel2nd.

It...hurts.

Oh sorry wrong board.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
After playing PrinceRamen, I realize why Metaknight is broken. I am almost to the point of laying down my controller because of that winged douchebag.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Steel2nd. Steel2nd. Steel2nd. Steel2nd. Steel2nd. Steel2nd. Steel2nd. Steel2nd. Steel2nd. Steel2nd. Steel2nd. Steel2nd. Steel2nd.

It...hurts.

Oh sorry wrong board.
weeaboo doesnt accurately describe me im sry

and yes you were quite a few days late with that vid

Top Bottom