• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Justin whenever you come back from your break, you should try and upload a set against Ed or another Zelda. I would greatly appreciate it.

:phone:

Dekillsage

Smash Lord
Snake holds grenade and walks slowly at you

What do?
Either space d-smash, space nair, or nothing. You can sometimes go for a grab if you want to be risky.

Pretty much these. If you're in side b range you could to that too and force me to block. Eats a lot of my shield if I didn't power shield.

Can you explain what you mean by spacing nair?

edit: or maybe you can't side b at me because I can roll towards you and close the gap/punish? If that's the case then you'd have to do it when I pull the nade

fkacyan

Smash Hero
somebody just said to grab as a ZSS to approach

lmao

If you whiff grab against snake he can fsmash you, rofl

Dnyce

Smash Master
somebody just said to grab as a ZSS to approach

lmao

If you whiff grab against snake he can fsmash you, rofl
Snake has time to go throw nade pull cooldown, spot dodge (the only option he has to counter a grab after pulling a nade) and then fsmash?

If snake spot dodges and you, on a whim, decide not to grab... Isn't that a free 8billion% combo from dsmash?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Pretty much these. If you're in side b range you could to that too and force me to block. Eats a lot of my shield if I didn't power shield.

Can you explain what you mean by spacing nair?

edit: or maybe you can't side b at me because I can roll towards you and close the gap/punish? If that's the case then you'd have to do it when I pull the nade
Space nair so it doesn't hit the nade. Aim it at your feet so it hits you/your shield, doesn't hit the nade, and we land safely.

Side-b sucks. You move in, get hit by side-b on the back of your shield, the nade blows up, you grab/f-tilt us for it.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Snake has time to go throw nade pull cooldown, spot dodge (the only option he has to counter a grab after pulling a nade) and then fsmash?

If snake spot dodges and you, on a whim, decide not to grab... Isn't that a free 8billion% combo from dsmash?
if you're dsmashing a snake walking at you with a grenade, you're detonating a grenade

also lmao@ dsmash punishing spotdodges on reaction, has too much windup for that

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
It the side-b hits you behind you, it pushes you forward... and then the grenade pushes you further forward.

Tesh

Smash Hero
It the side-b hits you behind you, it pushes you forward... and then the grenade pushes you further forward.
This is the most fun thing about the matchup. Just warp grabbing ZSS out of her bull****

Dnyce

Smash Master
@Thiocyanide All I needed to know is that nick and I are on the same page, hes aparently good at the Mu, and I heard from other Zss players ubad. I'm done here, lol

fkacyan

Smash Hero
@Thiocyanide All I needed to know is that nick and I are on the same page, hes aparently good at the Mu, and I heard from other Zss players ubad. I'm done here, lol
#texas

I wish I could stop stereotyping but it's always true. :c

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
He beat Tay too. Actually, quiK is the only ZSS that beat Orion afaik. Don't think Nick/Salem ever played him?

:059:

Snakeee

Smash Master
I realized my biggest flaw in this game was not taking advantage of all three of ZSS' armor pieces.

Sooo, I studied the start of all of Salem's matches on youtube, and became an expert circus juggler ^_^ . I've been practicing against my brother (Shadow), and the difference is amazingly significant :D .

Actually, even more useful than that were more subtle things like how he gets around certain situations that I hated being in. I'm feeling really optimistic about what I can do in a tourney now.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Snakeee, are you back now cuz of Salem? Why did you stop anyway? You were soo good bck in the day, and even placing better than Salem at locals, but nothing can top Apex.

Dnyce

Smash Master
ftilt angle down has a stupid high chance of tripping, and range is barely different.... why don't you guys angled down version more?

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Not really, ftilt is a good punish option when dtilt doesn't have enough range and nothing else is fast enough. It happens more than I'm comfortable with.

The down angled version is the worst one in that way though.

Top Bottom