• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
If you want your kidnapping plans to see any success
You're gonna have to keep them

•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Lo ki.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Fun fact:

ZSS dittos are really really really boring after all the armor pieces go away.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Free115 got 2nd? That Coalition of Freedom curse continues lolol

:phone:

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
V, stop rolling.

You got hit by 1000000 F-Tilts because of that and stop doing getup attack.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hello ZSSs! Sorry i'm late, I just came to say congratulations and well done when it came to APEX this year, showing the world you don't need to be MK or even top tier to win the biggest (smash, duh) tournament of all time!

That said, ZSS is probably moving in to top tier because of this hehe but still... Sugoi! ^_^

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Results are starting to become more and more even, if not a bit in ZSS' favor though.

:059:

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
True, but ZSS vs. Falco results have been in ZSS' favor for a while and no one's jumping to call that ZSS' favor.

Btw, is it true that Salem beat ADHD somewhere? I was told this last night but I can't find any kind of confirmation.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The difference is that the results of ZSS vs Diddy are more representative than the results of ZSS vs Falco. Masha and BluB are probably the only Falco players that truly understand it - the other Falco players either aren't as good as the ZSS player or they don't know the matchup. Results-wise, Falco vs ZSS is pretty much completely up in the air.

In Diddy's case the results are numerous and representative: Salem has beaten ADHD in a pools set of one of Vinnie's tournaments. V115 has beaten Zinoto and P1 this weekend and P1 is not a stranger to this match-up. He lost to Lp but it was very close and Lp has massive ZSS experience with Tay and quiKsilver whom he both goes "only" even with. Ikki has beaten Nagahari when both of them were in their prime and quiksilver has beaten Suinoko. The only thing that's unclear is how cyve's Diddy would do against the american ZSS players but he seems to be the best Diddy in this matchup.
Just food for thought.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Gnes has never lost to ZSS with Diddy Kong. He lost to Bio with MK only and went 2-1 with patg and nick riddle.

ZSS might beat diddy though. Its one of those rare characters where the mains actually have an extremely developed item game.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
V, stop rolling.

You got hit by 1000000 F-Tilts because of that and stop doing getup attack.
This is terrible advice, because it presumes that rolling and get-up attacks were the problem.

The problem is that Ally is mentally prepared to respond to every eventuality in those situations on reaction. It would be better to just say, don't get caught blocking ftilt, and don't get caught in knockdown. And if you're going to get caught in those situations, don't be predictable about how you escape them.

I don't think I ever saw V uair oos, though, actually. That's a good option that a lot of players don't give enough respect to.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
This is terrible advice, because it presumes that rolling and get-up attacks were the problem.

The problem is that Ally is mentally prepared to respond to every eventuality in those situations on reaction. It would be better to just say, don't get caught blocking ftilt, and don't get caught in knockdown. And if you're going to get caught in those situations, don't be predictable about how you escape them.

I don't think I ever saw V uair oos, though, actually. That's a good option that a lot of players don't give enough respect to.
ph00t...bag?... O_o

Tesh

Smash Hero
Honestly, ZSS mains need to use down B to escape more. Especially from tech chases. Just getting up in place and buffering frame 1 invincibility is alot harder to punish than what any other character can do.

DRN

Smash Lord
The difference is that the results of ZSS vs Diddy are more representative than the results of ZSS vs Falco. Masha and BluB are probably the only Falco players that truly understand it - the other Falco players either aren't as good as the ZSS player or they don't know the matchup. Results-wise, Falco vs ZSS is pretty much completely up in the air.

In Diddy's case the results are numerous and representative: Salem has beaten ADHD in a pools set of one of Vinnie's tournaments. V115 has beaten Zinoto and P1 this weekend and P1 is not a stranger to this match-up. He lost to Lp but it was very close and Lp has massive ZSS experience with Tay and quiKsilver whom he both goes "only" even with. Ikki has beaten Nagahari when both of them were in their prime and quiksilver has beaten Suinoko. The only thing that's unclear is how cyve's Diddy would do against the american ZSS players but he seems to be the best Diddy in this matchup.
Just food for thought.

The diddy match up is even IMO. I play Player-1 and BigLou all the time and we are always a coin toss. This is the second time V115 and P-1 played in a serious set. They actually just recently MM'd at apex and P-1 won 3-1. V115 played really well this weekend though and it def showed.

The Falco match up is booty. Kismet will show the world!

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
A buddy of mine that plays Snake, Sage, has beaten Salem in tourney and says he thinks ZSS loses the match-up really hard because she has no real answer to Snake walking forward and shielding. If she hits the shield while snake is holding a grenade, Snake wins. I don't usually agree with ZSS having a huge weakness to shields, but Snake's nades and tilt pressure do add an extra layer to the problem.

I don't know how true that is, but Ally like, doesn't lose to ZSS and V vs Ally was kind of a stomp. (Sorry V!)

Tesh

Smash Hero
Ally stomped everyone in Loser's. He was done playing around and its not like anyone there has ever been on his level.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I've always wondered why ZSS players don't base their MU ratios around results more anyway. Now that the ZSS metagame isn't only carried by one individual player like it has been the case almost always up until now, her results are becoming more representative so some of them could - and imo should - be taken at face value.

DDD, Marth and Diddy are all probably even, whereas IC and Snake seem to have a bit of an advantage over her though Snake possibly less so. Hard facts should be given more attention by now than theorycraft. If you never beat ICs you can't claim to win the matchup and expect to find agreement.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yeah, you have a point. BTW, V's item game has really gotten ridiculous. V, can you like, download your brain and send it to me on a usb drive?
Aside from pointlessly flipstooling grenades to try to juggle snake, I don't see how anyone is doing anything impressive aside from Salem. V needs to juggle pieces like Salem so he can actually have more than a 50% lead at the start of the match.

V is pretty smart, but he needs to go practice that tech skill. I saw alot of times he had the right idea but just screwed it up.

I've always wondered why ZSS players don't base their MU ratios around results more anyway. Now that the ZSS metagame isn't only carried by one individual player like it has been the case almost always up until now, her results are becoming more representative so some of them could - and imo should - be taken at face value.

DDD, Marth and Diddy are all probably even, whereas IC and Snake seem to have a bit of an advantage over her though Snake possibly less so. Hard facts should be given more attention by now than theorycraft. If you never beat ICs you can't claim to win the matchup and expect to find agreement.

ZSS is what people always claimed marth was...

Top Bottom