• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I would like to be in this, too. I think ZSS community combo video will actually be the best of any character since her combos are the sexiest... no... correction, they are sex itself.

Zero

Smash Hero
I've been trying something out lately - full hop FF nair approaching.

I get really annoying when I keep getting hit by the opponent's projectile of choice whilst approaching. Waddle Dee, Arrows and Bombs, Lasers, whatever. Airdodging in is an amazingly terrible option that puts you in incredible disadvantage and well, not dodging gets you hit and you're still not in your zone to pressure.

So I started trying fullhop FF nair approaching against Dedede. I must say it works pretty well. It avoids the projectile and since nair is safe on shield, it works well for pressure.

Thoughts?

btw, I think if you see Dedede pull a Waddle Dee, you can downB kick him, guaranteed.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I've been trying something out lately - full hop FF nair approaching.

I get really annoying when I keep getting hit by the opponent's projectile of choice whilst approaching. Waddle Dee, Arrows and Bombs, Lasers, whatever. Airdodging in is an amazingly terrible option that puts you in incredible disadvantage and well, not dodging gets you hit and you're still not in your zone to pressure.

So I started trying fullhop FF nair approaching against Dedede. I must say it works pretty well. It avoids the projectile and since nair is safe on shield, it works well for pressure.

Thoughts?

btw, I think if you see Dedede pull a Waddle Dee, you can downB kick him, guaranteed.
FF nair isn't safe on shield. DDD can grab you for it.
But, you can down-b kick guaranteed. Which is amazing.

Zero

Smash Hero
Are you sure? I've been hitting a D3's shield right at the edge of nair's spacing, and I'm sure it's safe. But maybe not, I'll try again today.

solecalibur

Smash Master
I'll check later lunch noaw

Also reason im here ...

I keep doing this on accident, (very often in my matches yesterday, I know how to do it but still an accident but saved me a stock once) where if you trot a bit and you have the animation of you looking over the edge but you press run at the right time you keep running....but there is no other part of the stage so you keep in place in the run animation ...

This is pretty old but felt like posting it here since there is no reason not to and some might have forgotten

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
Yo guys, I've been playing ZZS for a couple of months now, I am by no means a good player, but I'm not trash either... however I have to ask one thing.

Do you guys also have great trouble beating the people you know and play the most with? Me I constantly play against my bro and a typical match is like ****ing 50% PS 45% shield and maybe 5% hits most of them being followups and most others being mindgamed hyphen smashes or dash attacks, can't hit anything with side-B, neutral-b, down smash or any other aerial (unless he is allready in the air ofc). I typically lose allmost all matches with my bro having one stock left and him being somewhere between 40-100% and it's extremely frustrating. I can only do so so many mixups in order to not stay predictable.
So long as he doesn't play a ****y character I just can't win, I don't even stand a chance against his DDD, everything just gets blocked and since we know each other so well there's not a chance in hell of me doing anything close up that wont result in him grabbing me.

What I wonder is if other ZZS mains, (it would be particularly interesting to hear from pro ones aswell) are having this problem and they know of any way to deal with it?

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
They're able to read you easier since they play you a lot. If you play against someone a lot, they can pick up on your gimmicks and habits and punish them more easily, especially if you don't have a legit secondary.
That could explain a bit. Idk. That's kind of what I noticed from my own experience.

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
They're able to read you easier since they play you a lot. If you play against someone a lot, they can pick up on your gimmicks and habits and punish them more easily, especially if you don't have a legit secondary.
That could explain a bit. Idk. That's kind of what I noticed from my own experience.
Nah I play others characters aswell (I've played the most with DK, but I'm trying to switch to ZZS), it's just ZZS that I'm having this problem with.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
SFP watch my video against Michael Hey I just posted in our vid thread, since he nados a lot. MKs can only safely nado us if they poke at our head, it goes over our pivot grab, dsmash, and side b which forces us to use bad methods like bair or fair (which are not really worth it IMO) to try and beat it, or let him poke our shield.

If we crouch though, he's stuck nadoing above our head, and since you can't really drop a nado while keeping it active, he's forced to either get punished or run. Theoretically, the combination of us ****** low nados and being able to crouch nados makes the move extremely manageable, but I haven't gotten crouching down as a reflex yet.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
And then when I came back, I went all purple and won lots of stuff in New England for awhile.

Moral of the story is - Purple is legit.

solecalibur

Smash Master
I dont think I have a defined color , other then going red on wifi because it represents rage....

On another note ... is there a thread about jab and its mind games...?

Zero

Smash Hero
Crouching is amazing. It ruins so many characters offensive options.

I was playing on a Wii with the most amazing ZSS texture. It made me so happy.

I think my order is Pink > Blue > Black. At least that's what I have on AIB profile, I think.

Spiderwoman is ugly Dtorr, that's wh.

KassandraNova your avatar is really cute.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
dont listen to them d torr spider woman is amazing.

also, crouching is a solid counter-nado tactic with a few characters (kirby, shiek, snake, sonic even) that has yet to be explored fully.

Top Bottom