• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
JP wins in the air too, not just offstage >.>
Zelda doesn't win it hardcore she just has adv. <.<

i say 60:40 Zelda

matchup talk aside, where does everyone Avi come from?
unfortunately for jiggz, she really can't force zelda into the air or off the stage if Zelda doesn't WANT to be there considering Usmash>Jigglypuff.

On wifi, maybe you'll be able to squeeze in quite a bit, but in real time, Jiggly simply should not be able to get past zelda's defenses often enough to merit anything but a horrible matchup for her.

not to mention that she's a big round target and that if she hits my sheild, she's probably going to eat a lightning kick that will kill her at VERY low damages.... hell... anything will kill her at very low damages.

As for avitars... wow.... I can't remember all of them
My first one was Tails.... because I love him in all sonic games, and he was one of the default avitars.

My Second was an ADORABLE happy nom

My third one was ness clutching his skull and was just a screenshot from the "Ness and the adult theatre incident" in Nin10Doh!

My fourth was nannerpus from the superbowl commercial

My fifth was Bridget from guilty gear with some text at the bottom that said "Everyone is gay for Bridget." I picked this one up because I'm gay, and I picked bridget up as a secondary in GGXXAC+

My sixth was Andy Richter with a little message at the bottom that said "Bring it on choco taco!" And that's one of the funnier lines from the pilot episode of The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brian

My current avi is Conan O'Brian from the same show doing his reocurring Telenovela as Conando.

I can't remember if I ever had a RamboPuff Avi or not.

I'll add full res. pics to this post when I get back to my own computer. I'm on my grandma's right now seeing as I took a mid-week vacation out to the countryside.

Done

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Yeah sorry lol I was talking to less than three (though I was under the assumption it stood for heart... haha!)

Speaking of hearts, they are indeed very manly. <3

<33333333333
<3

Guys, let's keep the spam down, okay? ;)

So anyway, my Zelda is getting a lot better! I'm so excited!

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Ethan not to worry, I made this thread almost exactly for that purpose lol. Social threads are starting to pick up on a lot of character boards now. Secret's in the the name haha! So long as they're vaguely on topic about stuff then it's okay... but a bit of off-topic banter is allowed every once in a while =D

But yeah you must show us videos!

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
unfortunately for jiggz, she really can't force zelda into the air or off the stage if Zelda doesn't WANT to be there considering Usmash>Jigglypuff.
its not THAT hard especially considering pound. Usmash is just a constant threat.

On wifi, maybe....
Wifi>>>JP
nuffsaid

not to mention that she's a big round target and that if she hits my sheild, she's probably going to eat a lightning kick.....
its not hard to float away before zelda can react especially w/ things like Dair poking.

As for avitars... wow.... I can't remember all of them
yea you do have alot, what was that little white one you had that looked like a some kinda rat?

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
Ethan not to worry, I made this thread almost exactly for that purpose lol. Social threads are starting to pick up on a lot of character boards now. Secret's in the the name haha! So long as they're vaguely on topic about stuff then it's okay... but a bit of off-topic banter is allowed every once in a while =D

But yeah you must show us videos!
So we can talk about anything as long as Zelda's somehow related to it? o.o

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Guys, has anyone heard about MJ? I'm shocked... I had tickets to go see him, I was soooo excited but now I'm sad.

And yeah fading as long it's somewhat about zelda it's all cool. To be honest, I just want this thread to be a social so you can do practically whatever you want here just don't be tooo wild and daring with spam and stuff.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
MJ RIP

There is no reason jiggs should be getting hit with any thing OOS between bair and dair. maybe acidentally jump into but not like OOS. Her stuff has too much hit stun.

also grabs. Jiggs grabs are bad news for zelda. Jiggs has so much lateral speed in the air zelda really can do anything but hope she guessed her dodge correctly. Or hope she wasn't thrown off stage. Once that happens.. like seriously thats a jigglystock. half second start up on upB is a life time for Mr. Jiggles.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
yea you do have alot, what was that little white one you had that looked like a some kinda rat?
OOOOOH it was a little gerbil nomming a sunflower seed or something.

oh and how can jiggly dair poke against OoS Usmash? or just Usmash in general? SOOOOOO not worth the risk.

edit: images up now ^_^

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Just popping in to say that I went over a friend's house to play some Smash, so I'll put up the moveset thread in the morning.

I love you all! <3

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
so thats what it was, was it your gerbil?

Dair can't poke through the shield unless its already low but since its multihit JP can hit you a few times and move away while doing it.

its not absolute against the ****** wall, just something else that adds to mixup.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
so thats what it was, was it your gerbil?

Dair can't poke through the shield unless its already low but since its multihit JP can hit you a few times and move away while doing it.

its not absolute against the ****** wall, just something else that adds to mixup.
not my gerbil. A gerbil.

And I still say Usmash beats Jiggly's Dair poke.

Edit: To the bait and pray comment under me. Hence it being a really bad matchup for jiggly since a misssed bait=death or pain.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
lol my Usmash has been beaten by (traded with more acurately) foxes dair. As zelda youcan't afford to throw out usmash willynilly. if you do you are bound to be sent into the air or off stage even at lower percents. On paper it seems really easy to beat jiggy but in practices she has so many options you aren't accounting for.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
lol my Usmash has been beaten by (traded with more acurately) foxes dair. As zelda youcan't afford to throw out usmash willynilly. if you do you are bound to be sent into the air or off stage even at lower percents. On paper it seems really easy to beat jiggy but in practices she has so many options you aren't accounting for.
and apparently you guys aren't accounting for the fact that NONE of those options are safe becuase a grounded Zelda can beat out jigglypuff from any angle. Obviously that's not going to happen ALL the time or it'd be 100:0 in Zelda's favour. But Zelda's usmash only trades with fox's dair if the zelda is unlucky, or if she jumps the gun and fox places his dair correctly because she's given him an opening. Even then, the tradeoff is about even.

Jiggly vs. an agressive zelda that is predicatable is probably not that bad of a matchup for jiggly.... But if zelda knows how to deal with jiggly it's absoluetly horrid.

Zelda deals damage faster and jiggly doesn't have a way of camping Zelda, so jiggly is forced to approach most of the match.

Furthermore, Zelda's defense >> Jiggly's offense. And considering that's how the matchup is going to go: Jiggly on offense and Zelda on defense, it'll be ugly. Jiggly will make punishable mistakes at least as often if not more often than Zelda will be baited by jigglypuff into doing something punishably stupid. When zelda has such a clear advantage by playing it safe, why isk anything if you are her? And even if you think that jiggly will be baiting more than she's punished, without gimps, zelda can reliably kill jigglypuff at about half the damage that jigglypuff can reliably kill zelda.

Jiggly can gimp zelda off the stage as long as she comits herself immediately and zelda doesn't deal with the pressure. Zelda's long airdodge, floatiness, large double jump and ability to teleport can all get her back to the stage safely as long as she's not forced into a disadvantageous position (i.e. without a double jump, low and far from the stage) but good DI and knowledge of jiggly's of the stage game should prevent that from happening at low enough damages, or often enough for Jiggly to significantly sway the matchup in her favour.

Then we have in the air. Yeah, jiggly wins there, though Zelda's power aerials are a very real threat for a KO making jiggly's job a bit riskier. Sure jiggly's got aerial versitility in spades here, but only coming in from an angle is really safe for jigglypuff whilst zelda is airborn considering just how early a power aerial from zelda can kill. And jigglypuff is one of the few things that falls slower than zelda, which means zelda will actually make it to the ground easier than she often can.

There's really no two ways around this matchup. Jigglypuff RELIES on zelda making a mistake to be able to even hit her. And once jiggly does hit her, Jiggly relies on a gimp/edgeguard to kill Zelda at a reasonable damage. On the other hand, jiggly isn't allowed to make many mistakes since so many of zelda's moves hit so hard that she can't afford to take many of them before just dying. And considering Jigglypuff doesn't have a single apprach that will RELIABLY work against zelda without zelda getting tricked into it, it's unlikely that jiggly's gonna have that kind of luck. Zelda should be dealing damage twice as quickly and killing at half the damage as jigglypuff does in this matchup. Throw in baiting, which will hapen some, and edgeguarding and jigglypuff can mitigate that some... but it's a clear zelda advantage. Hard counter.

Back to avatars.... I don't like to change mine so frequently, but, I thought it necessary.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Fox Dair might be able to trade near the very end of Usmash, or before/when it comes out and hes really close, but 90% of the time it can't :ohwell:

and apparently you guys aren't accounting for the fact that NONE of those options are safe becuase a grounded Zelda can beat out jigglypuff from any angle. Obviously that's not going to happen ALL the time or it'd be 100:0 in Zelda's favour.
the rest of your post speaks as if its 100:00 Zelda though.

Jiggly vs. an agressive zelda that is predicatable is probably not that bad of a matchup for jiggly.... But if zelda knows how to deal with jiggly it's absoluetly horrid.
aggresive Zelda just gives a few extra openings, JP still has to be warry. we shouldn't even be talking about that Zelda anyway.

Zelda deals damage faster and jiggly doesn't have a way of camping Zelda, so jiggly is forced to approach most of the match.
sure she can deal more....if JP is eating U/Fsmash back to back >.>
JP can sit outside of Zeldas range or Air Camp, not that hard. JPs only forced to approach if you have a percent/stock lead same for the princess.

Furthermore, Zelda's defense >> Jiggly's offense. And considering that's how the matchup is going to go: Jiggly on offense and Zelda on defense, it'll be ugly. Jiggly will make punishable mistakes at least as often if not more often than Zelda will be baited by jigglypuff into doing something punishably stupid.
JP should be playing it safe too, anyone thats not isn't worth mentioning, and if both players are theres no reason why JP should be getting punished more. JP has more baiting options than Zelda does.

Jiggly can gimp zelda off the stage as long as she commits herself immediately and zelda doesn't deal with the pressure....
I don't remember anyone saying it was in JP adv at all, and if you know JP offstage options, JP should know Zeldas recovery options. Its not hard to follow her around offstage and if you manage port past its possible for JP to still catch you before reappearing.

Then we have in the air......
Whos floating above Zelda in the air? when JP gets Zelda in the air JP isn't going to be above you, but some place around Zeldas lower body unless she, Zelda, jumped up herself. being diagnoly below you the only thing JP can't hit you with is Dair and Zeldas Dair isnt all that. despite Zeldas power moves you still have to manage to time them if JP is sitting in the area where they can connect, other than that your better off just trying to land.

There's really no two ways around this matchup Jigglypuff RELIES on zelda making a mistake to be able to even hit her......
pretty much..... but so does Zelda, both sides rely on it, Zelda just has alot more leniency. Zelda can get tricked into something due to her more commitment to attacks, but thats all in the players.

JP is mostly going to gimp and edgeguard.....so? thats what it normally does and it is possible to get an early gimp, also Zelda can't hit what she can't catch.

if we're considering both people know the matchup then its not a hard counter, just a disadvantage.

RedSnowman

Smash Apprentice
Casual Player
Teammates: TropeWhat/BillNillaWafer (Luigi)
Color: Black/Red
Sheik: Only if my Zelda is frustrated/failing miserably
Secondaries: Wolf, Ike, and Falco (in that order)

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@Things beating out usmash (I honestly didn't read through all the walls of text, so if someone said this already, sue me):

Remember that usmash is a multihit move and has a lot of openings where there's no hitbox, so it's not that crazy for things to routinely beat it out. It's the tradeoff for the move otherwise being very good. These are the frames for it, btw:

Startup: 1-5
Hitbox: 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31 (11 hits)
Cooldown: 32-56
IASA: frame 57

Frames 17-22, you're completely open, and another hitbox can come in and interrupt it.

gm jack

Smash Lord
Still takes decent reflexes and DI skill.

On another note, does anyone else find sticking with a secondary really annoying? I've gone through Lucario, Diddy and Donkey Kong, Snake and CF lately, before ending up on ZSS. God knows how long this is going to last...

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
......Does Zelda even use Kakariko's pub? Doesn't Hyrule castle have one? Clever title either way methinks.

on topic: I find myself constantly picking up the wrong secondaries. I choose who fits my preferred playstyle and they usually don't compliment my bad matchups.

I guess the key to choosing your second is ignoring how much you hate playing them and focus on how great they do against your harder battles.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Ugh, I've been struggling with secondaries for so long.

I love playing Zelda, but she doesn't cover Pika's bad matchups at all.... I need someone for Marth & Diddy (the former being Pika's worst matchup, the second being my personal problem). The problem with countering Marth is that only MK, Snake, and DDD really do the job, and since I refuse to play MK, I'm left with Snake & DDD. :(

I suck with Snake.
DDD is boring to play.

But I'm thinking I'll just go with DDD since he's pretty easy to pick up. And l2naner with Pika.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Holy crap look at jiggz posting. dude is finally speaking up. Jiggz is all grown up now.
lol

On another note, does anyone else find sticking with a secondary really annoying? I've gone through Lucario, Diddy and Donkey Kong, Snake and CF lately, before ending up on ZSS. God knows how long this is going to last...
My secondaries mostly just make up who i end up liking, i don't even really have a main anymore, but a set of characters i use lol.

and they all kinda just go round and round where everyone protected.

but i think my Samus will forever remain kinda bad. :/

DDD is boring to play.
lol so true, i play DDD for lols, but i don't think i'd ever pick him for a tourney match

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
the rest of your post speaks as if its 100:00 Zelda though.
Just showing what jiggly's up against before baiting.

sure she can deal more....if JP is eating U/Fsmash back to back >.>
JP can sit outside of Zeldas range or Air Camp, not that hard. JPs only forced to approach if you have a percent/stock lead same for the princess.
Zelda's range beats out puff's. Jiggly has to be the one to get inside. When we've got you at the tip of our range... I'm pretty sure you have no response to something as simple as our jab.

JP should be playing it safe too, anyone thats not isn't worth mentioning, and if both players are theres no reason why JP should be getting punished more. JP has more baiting options than Zelda does.
Jiggz HAS to take risks. Zelda does not. That's the difference. Nothing at all about jigglypuff requires zelda doing something risky to make an opening. Jiggly has to play a riskier game to perchance get inside of Zelda.

I don't remember anyone saying it was in JP adv at all, and if you know JP offstage options, JP should know Zeldas recovery options. Its not hard to follow her around offstage and if you manage port past its possible for JP to still catch you before reappearing.
Yes, but it's also possible for Zelda to recover safely. Just making the point that, while Jiggly CAN gimp Zelda, she doesn't get a free gimp the second she hits zelda off the stage. Jiggly WON'T consistently get low damage KOs against a good Zelda.

Whos floating above Zelda in the air? when JP gets Zelda in the air JP isn't going to be above you, but some place around Zeldas lower body unless she, Zelda, jumped up herself. being diagnoly below you the only thing JP can't hit you with is Dair and Zeldas Dair isnt all that. despite Zeldas power moves you still have to manage to time them if JP is sitting in the area where they can connect, other than that your better off just trying to land.
talking about when BOTH characters are airborne.

pretty much..... but so does Zelda, both sides rely on it, Zelda just has alot more leniency. Zelda can get tricked into something due to her more commitment to attacks, but thats all in the players.
Zelda does not rely on baiting. all zelda has to do is stand there and bat away the giant pink puffball. Jiggly will be the one coming to her... no baiting involved. Necessity takes care of that for her.

JP is mostly going to gimp and edgeguard.....so? thats what it normally does and it is possible to get an early gimp, also Zelda can't hit what she can't catch.
jigglypuff... the only thing slower than Zelda on the ground. Faster in the air, but god help a jiggly that tries to spend the whole match floating away from Zelda. Besides... in this matchup, overwhelming odds say it'll be the pink thing that's got to do the chasing.... and just because Jiggs can get an edgeguard doesn't mean that it'll be at a low damage... certainly not a lower damage than Jiggly should be dying at regularly.

if we're considering both people know the matchup then its not a hard counter, just a disadvantage.
only if 65:35 doesn't count as a hard counter anymore.

MrEh

Smash Hero
65-35 is pretty darn close to a hard counter. I consider it a hard counter at any rate.

I think Zelda/Jiggs is more like 40-60 though.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
When we've got you at the tip of our range... I'm pretty sure you have no response to something as simple as our jab.
not gonna test jab, but you can't win off that, thats just the best zone to bait at with things like pound and its possible to airdodge past Zelda from this range.

Jiggz HAS to take risks. Zelda does not. That's the difference....
yes JP has to take more risk, but Zelda has to be watching for the baits. she doesn't have anything to throw out for free, minus possibly jab.

jigglypuff... the only thing slower than Zelda on the ground. Faster in the air, but god help a jiggly that tries to spend the whole match floating away from Zelda.
Air camping ftw also floating away when JP hits Zelda or her shield.

Besides... in this matchup, overwhelming odds say it'll be the pink thing that's got to do the chasing....
chasing what? Zelda does all that for JP by standing around looking divine, unless shes behind then shes got to put her walking shoes on, she doesn't really have to go anywhere.

and just because Jiggs can get an edgeguard doesn't mean that it'll be at a low damage... certainly not a lower damage than Jiggly should be dying at regularly.
and if Zeldas finishers aren't landing and finishing JP is getting to the early 100's

only if 65:35 doesn't count as a hard counter anymore.
i was talking about how i consider it 60:40 Zelda, 65:35 is still close to hard counter # i believe.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Gigabits 6/20
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7715857#post7715857

Brackets are finally up.

33rd out of 56 Singles
Lost to Zhouten (Ganon) 2-0
He beat me, badly. I played so bad. It's all I can say.
Lost to <3 (Sheik/Zelda/Jiggz) 2-1
The match was so silly to watch, should've went more to Zelda because it was working.

9th out of 18 doubles (Team Bill Cosby), teamed with Hulk! (Ness+Ike Add to list of partners!)
Lost to the Wayans Bros. (HRnut+CO18.....Marth/Snake+D3) 2-0
We should've won game 1, got bullied in game 2 lol.
Lost to Hbox long name (Hungrybox+Kyon.....D3+MK/Peach)
So much bad happened in the last game.

I never played so bad in singles. SO BAD! I'm going to take a break for a bit because of financial issues. Besides, I need it after this last one after these results.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Ugh, I've been struggling with secondaries for so long.

I love playing Zelda, but she doesn't cover Pika's bad matchups at all.... I need someone for Marth & Diddy (the former being Pika's worst matchup, the second being my personal problem). The problem with countering Marth is that only MK, Snake, and DDD really do the job, and since I refuse to play MK, I'm left with Snake & DDD. :(

I suck with Snake.
DDD is boring to play.

But I'm thinking I'll just go with DDD since he's pretty easy to pick up. And l2naner with Pika.
Kirby is legit! Good against nanerz and Marth. A lot of people say Marth is good against Kirby but I disagree.

Someone just posted this in the tactical boards: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpqBKTK_iqY MK Side B cancelling on the platforms of Battlefield.

Would this work with Farore's Wind as well? I've only teleport cancelled on ledges, I've never tried it with platforms...
Wow... you can actually edge cancel that move? Crazy! I wanna try it.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Someone just posted this in the tactical boards: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpqBKTK_iqY MK Side B cancelling on the platforms of Battlefield.

Would this work with Farore's Wind as well? I've only teleport cancelled on ledges, I've never tried it with platforms...
Yes, it works with platforms as well. Typically speaking, Zelda players tend to do it on a fluke because instead of simply being at max distance and using Up B (most easiest and safest way to do it anyway), you have to not only memorize the positioning and the angle of the move, but you also have to get the angle perfectly.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Updated first page.

Thanks to everyone who has given recent tournament results.

If you used Zelda in a tournament but didn't main her/used her sparingly please post when in the tournament you used her. Also please put who you used the most. If you used Zelda/Sheik in combination please let me know as well and I'll make a note of it.\

k shoot

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Yes, it works with platforms as well. Typically speaking, Zelda players tend to do it on a fluke because instead of simply being at max distance and using Up B (most easiest and safest way to do it anyway), you have to not only memorize the positioning and the angle of the move, but you also have to get the angle perfectly.
sounds difficult, lol

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
sounds difficult, lol
Perhaps I'm just extremely lucky but there are times when I FW downwards at 45 degree angles on the joystick while airborne and happen to hit the edge of a platform or stage by some weird coincidence, causing me to ledgewarp. This happens to me about 80% of the time that I FW blindly.

Is it possible that the game kind of "prefers" for your to land at the very edge when you're within a certain (but very small) distance from it upon re-appearance?

Top Bottom