• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I'd love to zelda and link working together I've been waiting for that since OoT.

Wouldn't be that hard to do well. Have link follow zelda around or vice versa. give zelda abilities like dins fine and nayru's wind that have to be combined with link's on abilities to solve puzzles and defeat bosses.
Oh god... Zelda controlled by AI.... I wonder if the triforce of wisdom can save her from typical AI idocy.

But it could be cool. Going through a temple and the bridge is out. Well... Zelda has learned farores so she can probably warp there. But then she can't go much farther until she gets link there because of something she requires his more direct methods to get past.

As long as something like that FLOWS and doesn't seem forced just to allow dual gameplay, that could be sweet.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Oh god... Zelda controlled by AI.... I wonder if the triforce of wisdom can save her from typical AI idocy.

But it could be cool. Going through a temple and the bridge is out. Well... Zelda has learned farores so she can probably warp there. But then she can't go much farther until she gets link there because of something she requires his more direct methods to get past.

As long as something like that FLOWS and doesn't seem forced just to allow dual gameplay, that could be sweet.
Zelda uses Farore's Wind + Link uses Hookshot = epic

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I have new tourney results ^_^ Copied and pasted from ZSS tourney results thread.

Snakeee - KnightMare Presents: Gametable 6/13 - 1/47? (I guess 2 technically but I REALLY wanted to play it out and Anti had to leave -_-) - $10 entry - $216 payout

Snakeee - Virdian City # 4, Jersey City, NJ - 4/63 - $ 10 entry - $63 payout

(sorry if this is the wrong format and if you need the threads I'll get them)
I quickly added all your stuff to the 3rd OP, if you could get a link that'd be great. Also who did you use for what?

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
but... Zelda has to be locked in a castle or something so that Nintendo can follow at least some of its typical cliché...

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
but... Zelda has to be locked in a castle or something so that Nintendo can follow at least some of its typical cliché...
We'll save that for the very end of the game, like Nintendo did in OoT and TP. Zelda can have her playable part before then, lol

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
This kinda reminds me of Encyclopedia Dramatica's entry for Zelda, and their explanation of what she does each game, lol

Encyclopedia Dramatica said:
She is a ******** blonde who keeps getting ****ing kidnapped by Ganon. You would think that she would learn, but since she's a woman, she's not very smart. Roles in Zelda games: In TLoZ, she gets kidnapped. In TAoL, she sleeps. In ALttP, she gets kidnapped and encased in a crystal. In LA, she is in the kitchen. In OoT, she turns into a man, then back into a woman, and then gets kidnapped. In MM, she gives Link a Kazoo, then goes to the kitchen. In OoA and OoS, she is in the kitchen for one game, then gets kidnapped in the other. In FS, she gets kidnapped. In TWW, she's a pirate, and she gets kidnapped. In FSA, she gets kidnapped. In TMC, she is turned into stone and then kidnapped. In TP, she gives Midna the Triforce of Wisdom, and then makes you believe that she disappeared into thin air, but later you find out that she has really been kidnapped. In PH, she is a pirate again, and she gets kidnapped and turned to stone.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I quickly added all your stuff to the 3rd OP, if you could get a link that'd be great. Also who did you use for what?

Thanks a lot!

Viridian - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=238459
Gametable - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=237587

At Viridian I used Sheik/Zelda round 2 against a Marth. Another set against a Falco, and then solo Zelda round 2 went the Falco player went Luigi.

At Gametable I just used Sheik/Zelda against a Falco in singles.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Just wanted to brag...

I just bought the Okami Art Book YAY :DDDD

Also, Metal Gear Solid, Shadow Hearts, Prince of persia and Street Fighter IV art books.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I went to another tourney; I think this is the worst I've ever played! It was so bad! Results as soon as I get them.

Lost to Zhouten (Ganon)
I just got beat, it didn't help that I literally froze against him, even when I went Sheik for majority of the match. It was like I forgot how to play and it was very uncomfortable. No johns though, best Ganon I'd ever seen.

Lost to <3 (Sheik/Zelda/Jiggs)
Sheik dittos=bad. I should've went more Zelda because when I did, it was working very well. Jiggs is definitely not 65-35 Zelda. Baiting is way to good. I'd treat it more like the Wario matchup to be absolutely honest.

Link to results and placement soon.

Also, still searching for the Florida Gaming results since those haven't been posted and it's almost been a month.

I'm really liking this new social thread lol

Edit: Where is the Zelda xat chat? Anyone can link me to it?

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Edit: Where is the Zelda xat chat? Anyone can link me to it?
http://xat.com/AnythingZelda

If you ever need it in the future, it's linked to in the Temple of Time thread portal.

Btw, I wanna try a different Zelda game. I got bored of Phantom Hourglass and quit. Which one should I start with? I get a lot of votes for OoT, MM, and LttP, and I hear TP is good but that I should save it for after I've played one of the earlier ones.

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
I have some tournament results. I went all Zelda during the actual bracket for these. In pools, I used Zelda for most, but I used other characters as well.

Play N Trade III (Aurora, IL) - 2/7/09
9th out of 34

MK vs Itachi Clash Of Brokenness Round 2 (Chicago, IL) - 3/1/09
17th out of 52
Results: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=223797

Play N Trade IV (Aurora, IL) - 3/14/09
13th out of 27

[FBT6] 2 days BRAWL (Oshkosh, WI) - 3/20/09
17th out of 60
Results:http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=227045

Play N Trade V (Aurora, IL) - 5/16/09
9th out of 47

Play N Trade generally doesn't have any SWF result threads, instead you can go here for reference.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
TP's my fave actually, I liked OoT but I'm not too obsessed over it.
perhaps, but TP pays homage to OoT in numerous places. I'd say you HAVE to play OoT before you play TP.

And Majora's Mask is pretty heavily underrated. It didn't feel as epic as OoT, but I certainly felt a lot more familiar with all the side characters. It's a wonderfully in-depth and well-developed game that's just fun to play and, for some reason, a target for ridicule. It was every bit as good as OoT. I don't know what people expected out of it as an OoT sequel, but it was a good game.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
You've said you've already watched your friend play through OoT and TP. If you want something completely fresh, then you could go for one of the old Game Boy games first, then make your way onto OoT/TP afterwards when you become in love with it.

If you can, try out Link's Awakening DX. I'm sure that it's incredibly difficult to get a copy of it though, so you may need some software that lets you play it somewhere besides your Game Boy, which may or may not be against the rules to discuss here. (They keep changin it, so I'm just goin on the safe side lolol)

It was the first Zelda game I've ever played, and still definitely has some of the most challenging puzzles in the series. Ever since OoT it got considerably easier when they added characters like Navi to tell you what to do. It's also a great storyline, and even has some of the best music in the series (albeit in GameBoy quality, lol, go to ocremix if you want to experience some of the tunes in higher quality)

Send me a PM if you need help finding a copy of it. lol

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I quoted that because it is true and needs to be taken seriously.
Except, unlike wario, Jigglypuff's aerial acceleration is much lower making it harder for her to bait, jigglipuff can't kill Zelda near as easily and Jigglypuff is Zelda food when it comes to us KOing the puff ball.

Jigglypuff has **** range and absolutely rlies on baiting us to even have a shot at hitting us.

Jigglypuff wrecks Zelda off the stage.... but other that that, Zelda wins this matchup hardcore.

edit: GRRRRRRRR!
Ōkami is now only $20 for the wii.... I bouth it at &50 <_<

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
JP wins in the air too, not just offstage >.>
Zelda doesn't win it hardcore she just has adv. <.<

i say 60:40 Zelda

matchup talk aside, where does everyone Avi come from?

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
edit: GRRRRRRRR!
Ōkami is now only $20 for the wii.... I bouth it at &50 <_<
People who waited for it to go on sale are weak! TRUE Okami fans bought it at original retail price. :mad:

where does everyone Avi come from?
Ever since I joined SWF (don't look at my join date.... I had another account before this one), I've had Kingdom Hearts avatars..... first I had the Sora one from the pre-made list, and then I had a long string of Riku ones I made from the manga.

Then I ran out of good Riku pics, and this one of Larxene was just too sexy to not be used. She's a coldhearted ***** (like me on my bad days).... loves it!

I'm also a fan of my AiB profile pic...... it's a Pikachuuuu~!

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I made mine.

jiggs can kill zelda before zelda can kill jigs. zelda is easy to drill rest and drill is really safe. Also Dash attack OOS wrecks.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Oh, god, not the social thread too...... x.x

*runs away!*

EDIT: @Ocho: Your avatar is adorable, lol.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Hehe, I recognized the dinosaur. I used to read that comic. The picture is so cute, I can't get over it. XD

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
lol so thats where Ochos avi came from.

mines is Alkaid from .Hack G.U, shes my second fav character from the game, and i use her everywhere now lol

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I'm a big fan of everything Spiderman......I love that series to death.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Yeah sorry lol I was talking to less than three (though I was under the assumption it stood for heart... haha!)

Speaking of hearts, they are indeed very manly. <3

<33333333333
<3

Top Bottom