• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Guys this is turning into a social thread btw. You can talk about anything here, so long as it doesn't get out of hand.

I'm interested though, where does everyone's usernames come from?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Omg...... sinking... higher... I've just realised your name's a true oxymoron. That's really artsy... >.<

My username is not based off an anime btw.... not at all

Dayzin

Smash Journeyman
My old maplestory account name. I could nvr come up with a good name, so I decided to put together random stuff. Looked outside it was day, in the game i was an assassin, so i was gonna take sin but Daysin sounded stupid so i switch the S to a Z. Tada, Dayzin...sometimes I wonder why i stick with it...

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
mines came because at the time jigglypuff and zelda were my top main in melee, peach was catching up so thats where the three comes from

pretty simple lol

-Mars-

Smash Hero
My name is just the made up screen name i've been using on all of my internet sites and RPG games......I have no idea why I use it but I shorten it to mars so you guys can call me that instead of calling me Marsulas all the time lol.

powuh_of_PIE

Smash Journeyman
I was in a club in 6th grade and we were having a Christmas party and I was to bring desserts. I decided no one could deny the deliciousness of enough types of pie, so I went and got a few and the next day everyone loved them. I was Pie from then on. ^ ^ Pie has the power to bring smiles to everyone, because how can someone hate every type of pie in existence? There are so many, there's bound to be one for everyone. Thus was born powuh_of_PIE.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Be careful sinking or the power of pie shall come out to get youuuuu!

Funny you should say that actually, because my username is named after a cake of the exact same name I was eating at the time of its conception. Absolutely ridiculous, and I wish I could change it lol! But alas, I think it has a certain jist to it I like now =D

JigglyZelda I knew there was a complicated reasoning behind your username!

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I ran cross country and track in high-school whose mascot was a Scottish Terrier (hence, the "dawgs"). At that time, Sonic Team was still making games worth playing, I'd always loved the Sonic series and I thought it was a nice character for a runner to identify with.

So I picked up Sonic The Hedgehog's name and dropped "hog" for my school's mascot: "dawg"

Simple.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
lol, everyone is funny.

godathand came from me needing a username for diablo 2 when it came out. I was thinking "Well I am going to be awesome so... that = a god." God At Hand... I dunno I was like 9....

Riot was a development. When Myspace came out I had a username of Robert's a Riot. Meaning that I was funny. I was one of those people that had like... 90000 friends, and I saw that some of them had pseudonyms that helped make them popular lol. So I got rid of the "'s a" and just stayed Robert Riot. Sometimes people outside of myspace would recognize me and call me that so I just stuck with it.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Heyyy, you changed this thread right after I added my name to the list! LOL! (I was just thinkin the secondaries I put were stupid since I hardly ever use any other character, when I do it's pretty much random, but not that it matters now lolol)

But I'm glad we have this, the Zelda board's been needing a better social thread.

And to paraphrase Gandalf: "I am Ochobobo, and Ochobobo means me."

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Ppl ask me where I got my name all the time. To put it simply: I'm a G, kay?

Actually, GK is an acronym for my previous internet alias that I used 5 or 6 years ago. The 'infinity' part is absolutely pointless and only added because 'GK' was deemed to be too short by itself.

On a slightly unrelated note, I've actually had several ppl confuse me for GoodKid recently since I'm also a zelda main. Haha, I guess that makes sense tho. :)

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Hey got back from FS6. 2nd time I came last, first in a big tourney.

Eh I blame my bad luck in tourneys.

Results will come when they are posted.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Just wanted to say...

ALL CREDIT GOES TO ME FOR THE SOCIAL THREAD'S NAME!! I'm going to call it a savior combo.

P.s. I originally suggested Hyrule Market but Kat said it was too formal.

Do you agree with me, or with EEVVVIIIILLLL?

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
What's wrong with being formal? We're maining a princess here. Go all the way and say Hyrule Castle Courtyard if you like

edit: Kakariko's Pub kinda sounds like we're maining Dante the Gravedigger, lol

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
My non-Smash friends've been calling me K Lo since high school..... because I have a big booty like JLo. :lick:

But KLO (my wifi tag) was too short, so I just.... made it longer. And I add exclamation points to a lot of random things, don't ask me why. Maybe because I'm a loud person, lolol.

I like the thread name. =O Even though I've never played a LoZ game and have no freakin' clue what it means............. @.@

Darkmusician

Smash Master
My non-Smash friends've been calling me K Lo since high school..... because I have a big booty like JLo. :lick:

But KLO (my wifi tag) was too short, so I just.... made it longer. And I add exclamation points to a lot of random things, don't ask me why. Maybe because I'm a loud person, lolol.

I like the thread name. =O Even though I've never played a LoZ game and have no freakin' clue what it means............. @.@
Kakariko is a village that has appeared in many Zelda games.

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman
speaking of zelda games...when r they making a new zelda game? ne one know? i wanna play more zelda. i'm gettin tired of speed runs of OoT on my wii

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Isn't the next zelda game meant to show both Link and Zelda in their final adult forms or something, or so I've heard? I'm really excited for it. I really wanted midna in brawl, but they've made the midna texture now so it's all good.

Kaylo that's BLASPHEMY :mad: You must play a LoZ game =D

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
speaking of zelda games...when r they making a new zelda game? ne one know? i wanna play more zelda. i'm gettin tired of speed runs of OoT on my wii
Next one is Spirit Tracks for the DS, which is now scheduled for Dec 31, 2009 I believe. As for the Wii one, I don't think they'll announce a release date til E3 2010, lol.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
My vote is it comes out 2012.

I bet they make it come out December 13th 2012 just to piss off all of the gullible people.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I'm actually supposed to be reading more of a thousand splendid suns today, and revising. But I don't want to turn this thread into Oprah's book club :colorful: but I think we're all too late hahaha!

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@LoZ people: NEVAR! KINGDOM HEARTS & OKAMI 4LYFE!!!

Seriously, though, I've tried a few of the Zelda games, and I never really found them appealing. I played through a few hours of OoT (then watched while my friend played the rest), watched my friend play Twilight Princess, and now I'm sort of slowly making my way through Phantom Hourglass.

I think the biggest thing that bothers me is that there's no level-up system. Lame, I know, but I don't like not having control over how strong my character is..... :( I like overleveling and then just ripping through everything I come across without having to worry about dying, lol. (Granted, I haven't once died in a Zelda game yet.....)

This is stupid, but I also hate that Link/Zelda/Ganon are different people in every story. I thought the games were all sequels, but when I heard they were pretty much separate but with the same basic storyline.......... I was not amused. :urg:

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
But now..

(Ocho... wanna brawl?)
k lol, I'll be in the chat

Also Kaylo, yeah a couple of the games are direct sequels to each other, but most of them are completely separate. To each their own I guess! (btw, continuously going back to the same dungeon in Phantom Hourglass is annoying I know, the other games don't do that lol)

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
NO. NO PHANTOM HOURGLASS!!

Whoever your friend is, take his cartridge, burn it, throw it down a well, drop a bomb in there, go retrieve the pieces and then stomp on them.

DO NOT PLAY THAT GAME. It's made of ****ing SIN.

Play MM and WindWaker and Link's Awakening and ALTTP. OoT you have to play for yourself. If he's using a walkthrough, do the same thing to that as you are going to do with Phantom Hourglass.

Also, YEAAAHHHH OKAMI!!

Ocho... Why you leave me?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Woah sinking will love you forever now kaylo for admitting you're a fan of okami. I have the whole soundtrack downloaded, it's so good.

What are everyone's best games btw aside from brawl? (assuming you play other games lol!) My secret guilty pleasure is spyro the dragon :urg:! The music in those games is astounding... I also really like final fantasy as well but that's a bit cliché. I have others but I want to hear everyone's faves first

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Metroid Prime 1 was quite tasty.

Street Fighter. Mmm. I think the one I got into most was Street Fighter EX3 where you could tag team.

Zelda and Mario of course (but only the good ones).

Soul Caliber was nifty.

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (and only this PoP)

There are many others I feel will be awesome but haven't played it.

I don't tend to wander far from the main stream but I intend to change that.

Top Bottom