• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I think zelda has failed me for the last time...

Kirby Metroid Zelda Mario

my favorite game series in order. I was so happy when meta was unvealed along with brawl and when d3 was unvealed. Conversely I was very upset when sheik made it back. Ironic.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Zombies ate my neighbors... I've never beaten that game... even with saved states.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Beyond SSB I play... almost everything.

Currently I am playing: Infamous. Eternal Darkness (for the 8th time). Final Fantasy 7. Guild wars. Dokapon Kingdom. Trauma Center.

Favorite Games/Series: Resident Evil. Final Fantasy. Kingdom Hearts. Odin Sphere (Muramasa is the spiritual successor coming to the wii soon). Diablo. Soul Calibur. Mortal Kombat. Virtua Fighter. Street Fighter. Crystal Chronicles. Zelda. Mario. Heavenly Sword. God of War. Uncharted. Devil May Cry. Dynasty Warriors...

The only type of game I truly don't enjoy are FPS. Very rarely do I enjoy a FPS...

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
NO. NO PHANTOM HOURGLASS!!

Whoever your friend is, take his cartridge, burn it, throw it down a well, drop a bomb in there, go retrieve the pieces and then stomp on them.

DO NOT PLAY THAT GAME. It's made of ****ing SIN.

Play MM and WindWaker and Link's Awakening and ALTTP. OoT you have to play for yourself. If he's using a walkthrough, do the same thing to that as you are going to do with Phantom Hourglass.

Also, YEAAAHHHH OKAMI!!

Ocho... Why you leave me?
=O Them's some strong opinions! I've had a lot of people tell me to stop playing Phantom Hourglass, and it's not really interesting me that much, so maybe I'll try another one before I judge..... (hmm)

Also, YEAAAHHHH OKAMI!! :laugh:

Woah sinking will love you forever now kaylo for admitting you're a fan of okami. I have the whole soundtrack downloaded, it's so good.

What are everyone's best games btw aside from brawl? (assuming you play other games lol!) My secret guilty pleasure is spyro the dragon :urg:! The music in those games is astounding... I also really like final fantasy as well but that's a bit cliché. I have others but I want to hear everyone's faves first
The soundtrack for Okami is amazing.

Aside from Brawl, I also love: Kingdom Hearts (best series, there's no debating this :mad:), Okami, The World Ends With You, Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Rune Factory, random Final Fantasy games (I don't think I've played any of the "classics" though, just more recent ones), Time Crisis (I'll take mm from anyone in this game), GTA, Pokemon, Ninjatown, and Katamari Damacy.

Right now I'm playing Phantom Hourglass, still finishing Pokemon Platinum, Ninjatown, Professor Layton and the Curious Village (don't sleep, this game's pretty **** good), Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, KH 358/2 Days, GTA: Chinatown Wars, and Rhythm Heaven.

I also wanna try the Phoenix Wright series. I just finished Elite Beat Agents recently.... planning on DL'ing Ouendan. I'm also trying to get Rune Factory Frontier for my Wii, but I need someone to burn it for me. :mad:

Don't ask me how I have time for all these. I don't even play that often, I just move fast maybe.... @.@

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
My favorite LoZ game is A Link to the Past, you should give that one a try simply because of how amazingly fun it is.

I loved Elite Beat Agents! I want a new one right now!!!!! Are you currently playing KH 1*#($ days or whatever it is called? How is it?

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Are you currently playing KH 1*#($ days or whatever it is called? How is it?
Yeah. It's SO GOOD. I think Birth by Sleep will be better, but this one's pretty great, not gonna lie. Mission Mode is really fun with other people. (Larxene is the iiiiiiish!)

I'm kind of biased, though.... I <3 KH.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Pokemon Platinum is incredibly boring. I've given up on it. From the start I just made my monferno level up always, then leveled up Togetic with the Exp Share and forced all the important HM TM things down Bidoof's throat.

Now I just walk through every city ****** their gym leaders with monferno who's 20 lvls higher than them.

Borrrinnnggggg.

Elite Beat Agents is tough.

You guys should play Rhythm Heaven. It's a good game to pass time. The story line is non-existent, but many of the games are INCREDIBLY addictive, even after you've perfected them, and it seems that there are allwaaayysss new things to do.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I'm playing Rhythm Heaven right now actually... forgot to post that one though lol. They were all easy until I got to the one with the two sided guys where you have to tap on the beat and on the off-beat, that one took me a few trys.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
OMG OKAMI!!!!!

such an amazingly fantastic game. It's freaking gorgeous. The artistic beauty of it gives me chills. But, then again, Twilight Princess was beautiful too, if for different reasons. And both had EXCEPTIONAL musical scores (seriously. Some of the best of any games I've ever played. Especially Okami), very good storylines and good gameplay (less so with okami for its lack of a difficulty curve).

Anyway, Having the name "Kakariko Pub" seems more like what we'd expect out of a Link social thread.

I'm having a hard time imagining Zelda blending in at any sort of pub... but, then again, maybe she can drink our farmboy hero under the table. Speaking of, I was discussing this ealier, but I really like how there's no romantic tension between Zelda and Link. It's a kind of complexity that you just don't see nintendo going for much.

So there's gonna be a new Zelda game? I always wonder what Zeldas role will be in the new game. Nintendo obviously seems confused what to do with her. She's not like princess peach who seems to treat being a kidnapee like a hobby. Zelda's actually normally been a pretty powerful, strong-minded woman who would take care of whatever was wrong with hyrule herself if something didn't come up that necessitated Link. As such, they tend to try to show that she's so strong, but they don't want to mess with the functional formula of "save the princess." It creates a pretty palpable ambivalence really.

I keep wondering if this next game will be "the game" where they decide to go out on a limb and break the conventions, or if they'll keep trying to create contrived situation that precludes Zelda from taking an active role. Zelda's been helpful since the get go, she broke up the triforce to save it before ganon could save it in the original, and she's slowly gotten more helpful in each game since. The biggest jump was probably in OoT where she lived in a world that would have turned her in to Ganondorf if she'd surfaced so she disguised herself as a male of a near-extinct race and helped link in the background for pretty much the whole game and then helped directly in the boss fight.

In every game since, they've tried to keep Zelda just as strong, but have kept inventing situations that keep her from using her power to help you directly until the end of the game. In Wind Waker, she was far too young and frail to help you. She needed to be protected. and in Twilight princess she had to surrender or her people would be killed (at least she's an ideal ruler right?) But in both cases, as soon as you decide to take on the final boss Zelda's like "**** letting link take all the glory" and grabs her hax light arrows to help you.

I guess I just wonder... what are they gonna come up with next to keep Zelda down? Because I'd be really disapointed if it seemed too contrived just to keep her down, or if they broke her character and made her the damsel in distress type again just to avoid messing with a style of gameplay that's been working so far.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
well i've become more of a fan of tales games recently, too bad most of them are only in japan.......

i play most fighters, except tekken, and alot of other games too. the only games i don't play are FPS cause my failure rate at them is beyond epic proportions :ohwell:

i wonder how a zelda racing game could be pulled off.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I've always thought a Zelda Turn-based style RPG would be a perfectly legit Zelda game, and it would be a perfect opportunity to get Zelda more involved.

If they are sticking to tradition (which Nintendo is fond f anyways) I hope they do something like what Paper Mario did with Peach except with Zelda. If she is captured have her sending information or secrets she finds while snooping around using her powers to Link, or something like that. Sort of like having a dash of stealth-action in my Zelda... except with magic instead of high-tech gear.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI9r...7473E1897&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=3

this is the best track from okami imo... It was so serene. I still think was talking for really pretentious >.< But I still hold it as one of the best games ever.

Has anyone played any of the oddworld games at all? Like Abe's oddysee or exoddus?
My top 3 songs from Okami:

- Kamiki Festival
- Giving Kushi a Ride
- Great Divine Intervention

the three are very different but all very good IMO

Sort of like having a dash of stealth-action in my Zelda... except with magic instead of high-tech gear.
We call that a shiek.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Great Divine Intervention is excellent! The soundtrack is simply beatiful. Best soundtracks imo are: 1. Spyro / 2. FF (9 in particular) / 3. Okami and there's a bunch I care for as well but it'll be too long to list.

Is everyone okay with the name btw? Kakariko's pub sounds a bit ladette-like doesn't it, like Zelda's gone on some binge drinking fest and is being anti-social, throwing dekuu nuts at windows and slapping old ladies.

I can always change it to Kakriko's village or something? I think Kakriko has a nice jist to it, whatever follows is up to anyone =D

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Is everyone okay with the name btw? Kakariko's pub sounds a bit ladette-like doesn't it, like Zelda's gone on some binge drinking fest and is being anti-social, throwing dekuu nuts at windows and slapping old ladies.
lol sounds like shes on her period, or having a peach moment.

i don't mind the name though lol

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Like I said. I really have no idea how Zelda would handle in a pub. She's more of an all-business, aristocratic type. But she's also a complete hard-***, so maybe she'd do well.

oh, and, for Okami music, I forgot how well Boss music was structured to fit the mood. And nothing really made you feel like the divine savior of Nippon like the final boss song:
Rising Sun

(oops.... sinking higher beat me there)

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Kakariko Sanctuary
Kakariko Inn
Kakariko Museum
Kakariko Town Square
Kakariko Magic Shop
Kakariko Sick kid with bug net's house

If you think pub sounds that scandalous.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I have new tourney results ^_^ Copied and pasted from ZSS tourney results thread.

Snakeee - KnightMare Presents: Gametable 6/13 - 1/47? (I guess 2 technically but I REALLY wanted to play it out and Anti had to leave -_-) - $10 entry - $216 payout

Snakeee - Virdian City # 4, Jersey City, NJ - 4/63 - $ 10 entry - $63 payout

(sorry if this is the wrong format and if you need the threads I'll get them)

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
stuff about Zelda
I wonder the same things. Zelda definitely plays a crucial role in the games named after her. Also keep in mind that when she is kidnapped, ever since OoT, it is extremely difficult for Ganondorf to finally capture her. In OoT, he was searching for her for 7 years, then she finally had to reveal herself to Link as the Seventh Sage. In TP, she was safe from the Twilight Realm by some mysterious protection, presumably something to do with the Triforce of Wisdom, until she eventually sacrificed the protection to save Midna.

Both of those times she saw being kidnapped as a better alternative to staying hidden. It worked out for the greater good, and that bit of cunning is one of the reasons I like her character.

Zelda really needs a playable role in a future Zelda game. The idea of being able to transform into Sheik to solve certain puzzles and defeat specific enemies is too good to pass up.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
lolol, the Brawl characters are always more powerful in their own games (except for maybe Meta Knight)

Just look at Samus and how quickly she can run in a Metroid game, and how slow she is in Brawl

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
lolol, the Brawl characters are always more powerful in their own games (except for maybe Meta Knight)

Just look at Samus and how quickly she can run in a Metroid game, and how slow she is in Brawl
What about Wario? o_0 What DOES he do?

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
lolol

NinjaLink's interview just went up in the General Discussion forum. He said he's gonna try to go to Hawaii in July. Sounds like an epic DarkMusician vs. NinjaLink Zelda Ditto !

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Zelda really needs a playable role in a future Zelda game. The idea of being able to transform into Sheik to solve certain puzzles and defeat specific enemies is too good to pass up.
only if they do it right. Making Zelda playable could work out quite well.... or it could suck eggs. They just couldn't half-*** something like that. They have to be careful that they don't get TOO innovative though. A co-op Zelda game, for example, just wouldn't feel like a Zelda game.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I would say Bowser is worse in the games.

He's more technologically savvy with his land-transplanting machines, but all it takes to kill him to is grab his tail about 5 times...

Peach is better in Brawl too. If she could do all this stuff I doubt Bowser would have such an easy time.

ICs, Wario, Yoshi...

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
MochaMew
Casual/Tournament: N/A
Teammates: N/A
Color: Red
Sheik: No
Secondaries: Pikachu

---

Articuno for the win <3
-coughcough- Albeit the stealth rockness -cough-

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
only if they do it right. Making Zelda playable could work out quite well.... or it could suck eggs. They just couldn't half-*** something like that. They have to be careful that they don't get TOO innovative though. A co-op Zelda game, for example, just wouldn't feel like a Zelda game.
When has a legit Zelda game ever been half-*****? It would be super-de-duper awesome. She could be held hostage in her own castle that way she will have the upper hand on sneaking up on her assailants (by using secret vaults etc.), her job could be to not get captured by the possessed guards and find information on where to find whatever it is Link needs to find this time. And they should give her telekinesis that way she can plan out elaborate traps and get to new areas. And she could find a hidden Sheikah emblem that would allow her to transform into Sheik for a short amount of time incase she does get caught...

*sigh* but for now spirit tracks here I come....

Note- Does anyone else think that Four Swords Zelda is super amazing? She has a ponytail, and a giant red ribbon! Thats so cool... Ima draw a non-chibi version of her soon and post it.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
When has a legit Zelda game ever been half-*****? It would be super-de-duper awesome. She could be held hostage in her own castle that way she will have the upper hand on sneaking up on her assailants (by using secret vaults etc.), her job could be to not get captured by the possessed guards and find information on where to find whatever it is Link needs to find this time. And they should give her telekinesis that way she can plan out elaborate traps and get to new areas. And she could find a hidden Sheikah emblem that would allow her to transform into Sheik for a short amount of time incase she does get caught...

*sigh* but for now spirit tracks here I come....

Note- Does anyone else think that Four Swords Zelda is super amazing? She has a ponytail, and a giant red ribbon! Thats so cool... Ima draw a non-chibi version of her soon and post it.
Why does she have to be locked in a castle? She'd be quite capable of riding into battle :) her and those hax, harpoon sized arrows and all the magic she wants.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Not too mention she also seems to have telepathic and psychic abilities in her games. Examples are when she talks to Link in the beginning of LttP and her prophetic dream near the beginning of OoT

They'd probably find some interesting uses for those abilities in a Zelda game where she's playable

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I'd love to zelda and link working together I've been waiting for that since OoT.

Wouldn't be that hard to do well. Have link follow zelda around or vice versa. give zelda abilities like dins fine and nayru's wind that have to be combined with link's on abilities to solve puzzles and defeat bosses.

Top Bottom