• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
guys sorry had to change the image of solid snake plus some language in some posts. also plz nothing tooooo heavy on the adult humour to the extent it becomes inappropriate (looking at mountain tiger mainly). Please keep it as clean as poss from this point onward!

party pooper i am :grin:

we should talk about mk being banned in general, how we can kick solid snake pony passed the blast zones and find a magical way to get it on Olimar whilst moping about it simultaneously. Ven did get RB to 1 stock after all... perhaps we should look into this more? What about a potential increase of DDD, Pika and ICs? is this beneficial for us?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Oh... so Kataefi DOES still exist. Shocking.
wat! i transcend time and space! I always exist! but in a serious face: this thread is quite chillaxed and things are normally discussed in good jest, so I'm not that strict and I often leave it be as a social thread - but i'm going to be watching it a little more closely now because there are a few surprises here and there that give me heart attacks :mad:

Kataefi!!!!!!!!!!!!! I missed u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hai :grin: are you back for good now? how've you been?

I like this mod, he changed what I said with some good humor.
o that's good. i thought it wasn't going to be well received. when in doubt it's always best to rely on ponies :awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4TedkQP_hM

btw we should all work on a community guide similar to the sonic one.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah a guide sounds like a good idea. It's no wonder there's such a shortage of Zelda players :(

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
we should talk about mk being banned in general, how we can kick solid snake pony passed the blast zones
Someone said on the MK banned thread that it will cause upper tiers to get more usage, and people will also start using mid and low tier chars that can either counter upper tiers or at least not do so badly. Course, I can't think of any low tier who counters anyone on high tier, but I'm sure there are a couple of chars that aren't horrendous.

As for Snake, he may actually go down a little bit, since he was 'keeping MK in check' even though it was in MK's favor. Unless Snake gets more usage now (like Ally getting back to him) and other MK players who used to use Snake.

and find a magical way to get it on Olimar whilst moping about it simultaneously. Ven did get RB to 1 stock after all... perhaps we should look into this more?
Oh I wish.

What about a potential increase of DDD, Pika and ICs? is this beneficial for us?
I have almost no exp with DDD and ICs. Our last MU chart indicated that they aren't terrible for us, but I can't really agree or disagree. Pikachu however, isn't that bad for us imo. Still in his advantage, but definitely nowhere near the level of Olimar and MK.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Someone said on the MK banned thread that it will cause upper tiers to get more usage, and people will also start using mid and low tier chars that can either counter upper tiers or at least not do so badly. Course, I can't think of any low tier who counters anyone on high tier, but I'm sure there are a couple of chars that aren't horrendous..
Zelda can do okay against some of the high tier characters,

As for Snake, he may actually go down a little bit, since he was 'keeping MK in check' even though it was in MK's favor. Unless Snake gets more usage now (like Ally getting back to him) and other MK players who used to use Snake.
na, I doubt snake will drop he's a pretty ridiculous character also. The MK mains may go to Marth (which will be a huge mistake) but I can seee there being more D3's IC's Pitt's and pikachu's. None of those match ups are horrible for pikachu. There may be a slight rise in diddy and falco and maybe some G&W (which could be bad for Zelda).

I have almost no exp with DDD and ICs. Our last MU chart indicated that they aren't terrible for us, but I can't really agree or disagree. Pikachu however, isn't that bad for us imo. Still in his advantage, but definitely nowhere near the level of Olimar and MK
Those MU's aren't that bad for Zelda but by no means is Zelda going to run through these characters and it's very easy to lose to those guys.

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman
hai :grin: are you back for good now? how've you been?
i'll be back as much as this Afghanistan internet will let me. I won't be doing any tournaments obviously, but I will be playing again out here with the smashers out here (go figure, most of them play snake :p).

edit: can someone add me in the Xat Chat?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Truth. Plus, I always have the whole backup plan of making out with my oponent if I start to lose . . . it's won me matches before.
Oooh, if I ever face you I'll have to pull out my GaW :D

Also nearly took a set off of a player in my region with Zelda yesterday. I choked the end of both games though. Best part is he used to be ranked here.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Oooh, if I ever face you I'll have to pull out my GaW :D

Also nearly took a set off of a player in my region with Zelda yesterday. I choked the end of both games though. Best part is he used to be ranked here.
I HATE G&W . . . . only Olimar is worse IMO.

Anyway, yeah, are you saying you wanna pull out a G&W so I have to make out with you to win? In that case, just throw the game from the get-go and see what it gets you. ;)

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
I am sure there are plenty of salty/sad people who will qq cause he is gone.
I am indifferent about him, I am kinda glad that I will no longer have to see MK v MK in every stream though.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Only wanted MK banned to see the drama afterwards but now that the fun's over I'm pretty much back to neutral. If anything though, it's one less -4 for Zelda.

Hi Grape :)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
guys sorry had to change the image of solid snake plus some language in some posts. also plz nothing tooooo heavy on the adult humour to the extent it becomes inappropriate (looking at mountain tiger mainly). Please keep it as clean as poss from this point onward!

party pooper i am :grin:
sawry

trolololol

I dunno how Zelda will go.

With MK gone, Marth usage should go up, meaning G&W/Olimar usage should go down.

Assuming Marth still counters them.

I haven't looked for a while.

My state might not even ban him.

Our TO likes MK too much I think.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
If you're bisexual, you don't have to worry about traps.

"Oh wait, you're not a girl after all? Meh, you're still hot." :awesome:

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
An increase in ICs is bad for us. Very bad......

G&W is easy
or me, I really don't think he's too hard

Pika
not named ESAM
isn't too hard. He's certainly manageable.

Patient D3s are obnoxious but it's another one that's doable.

Snake is fun

That is all!

:phone:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Anyway, yeah, are you saying you wanna pull out a G&W so I have to make out with you to win? In that case, just throw the game from the get-go and see what it gets you. ;)
Aww but then my automatic "play to win" will kick in. Dilemmas, dilemmas.

I really hope there's a girl in this conversation. (or two)
lmao, whatever makes you feel better :D

Also I am decidedly not a trap.

Also lmao, Zelda having trouble with Icies? looooool. Too easy.

Also who else is going to Apex? Since Zelda boards are like the only one without an Apex thread, lol.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
The icies really aren't that bad at all. Especially considering how large the gap in the tier list is between us.
I used to think that but here's my reasoning.

Thanks to ISSDI, FSmash is no longer safe on shield. In fact, no move we have aside from Din's from a distance, is safe on their shield. We can be grab if we do anything, and the problem with us running away is that we don't have any true safe landing options and only mixups so they can cover everything as we're landing. Getting grabbed leads to our biggest problem, we are the easiest to CG. Like, MK easy. Since a competent IC should not drop a CG against Zelda, we're doomed. It's bad when we're easier to CG than MK.

EDIT: Supreme Dirt, I'll be there!

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I used to think that but here's my reasoning.

Thanks to ISSDI, FSmash is no longer safe on shield. In fact, no move we have aside from Din's from a distance, is safe on their shield. We can be grab if we do anything, and the problem with us running away is that we don't have any true safe landing options and only mixups so they can cover everything as we're landing. Getting grabbed leads to our biggest problem, we are the easiest to CG. Like, MK easy. Since a competent IC should not drop a CG against Zelda, we're doomed. It's bad when we're easier to CG than MK.

EDIT: Supreme Dirt, I'll be there!
hmm I thought the heavy characters were easier to CG and the light ones were harder. Also what's ISSDI ?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
instant shield smash directional influence, makes our Fsmash unsafe on shield.

About the weight thingy, according to the ICs board, Marth/Zelda are the easiest to CG if I'm not mistaken. Also they are similar weight to MK so the rhythm is similar.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
instant shield smash directional influence, makes our Fsmash unsafe on shield.

About the weight thingy, according to the ICs board, Marth/Zelda are the easiest to CG if I'm not mistaken. Also they are similar weight to MK so the rhythm is similar.
I could have it backwards with the weight thing I don't really remember. I haven't been to the IC's boards in like forever.

As for the instant shield smash DI thingy do you have a link or a video displaying it ? Since this is the first I've heard of it and it's not really making much sense to me and I'd like to know how reliable of a tactic this could be for them. If we consider their traction (which is among the lowest in the game I think only Luigi has lower traction) Then the pushback should more than be enough to make it safe. Also I don't know what you mean by instant shielding is that just another term for power shielding?

So then my other question is if it makes fsmash unsafe on shield does that mean jab and dtilt are also no longer safe on their shield ?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Jab has never been safe afaik.

DTilt I'm not sure about.

However I still consider the MU nowhere near ****.

So long as you don't let yourself end up on FD it's like -2 at worst.

NAir is still god tier, Nayru's is still god tier, USmash is still god tier, Pivot Grab is still god tier, camping them out is still god tier.

Personally this is one of those MUs where I transform a lot.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Jab has never been safe afaik.

DTilt I'm not sure about.

However I still consider the MU nowhere near ****.

So long as you don't let yourself end up on FD it's like -2 at worst.

NAir is still god tier, Nayru's is still god tier, USmash is still god tier, Pivot Grab is still god tier, camping them out is still god tier.

Personally this is one of those MUs where I transform a lot.
If you space jab properly it should be safe on their shield it should be safe. Here's the old MU stuff for Zelda v IC's.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8246647&postcount=1

I'm not sure how much has changed on the part of the IC's but it should still be good info. (I'm not sold on the shield thing Scary mentioned. ) So depending on w.e. changed new tech and other things take that into account and whatever else that may be going on.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
LOOOL

When that says 55

That's in Zelda's favour isn't it

lol

But yeah basically I treat the MU as if I'm playing against someone with 6 stocks. Eliminate Nana, Eliminate Popo, repeat. Even if I think I can gimp Popo or something, I don't, because the single weakest part of my Zelda is recovery, and getting rid of Nana makes the MU solidly in Zelda's favour.

Basically the moment you get grabbed when the stock count is equal, the game is over.

Top Bottom