• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
LOOOL

When that says 55

That's in Zelda's favour isn't it

lol

But yeah basically I treat the MU as if I'm playing against someone with 6 stocks. Eliminate Nana, Eliminate Popo, repeat. Even if I think I can gimp Popo or something, I don't, because the single weakest part of my Zelda is recovery, and getting rid of Nana makes the MU solidly in Zelda's favour.

Basically the moment you get grabbed when the stock count is equal, the game is over.
Yeah that's what it says but it's old so who knows what the MU is. However, your approach to the MU seems pretty right if you eliminate nana you basically cut in half the potential of the character. CG is the biggest thing to watch out for since one grab is potentially death. I also don't tend to go off stage against them unless I'm going for one of them by their selves. If they both fly off the stage I go for din's and try to mess up their recovery.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
i thought it worked against hits that didn't have much shield stun due to lower damage per hit like bowser's firebreath/mk's tornado ?? i've never seen anyone go through zelda's fsmash against its last hit due to its damage/stun (or whatever you call it) but that sounds disastrous lol. i have seen people go through nayru's though which made me rage as they had like a million frames to punish her. is there a vid?

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
I wanna try to make it out to Apex, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to yet, plus I have nobody to like, chill with for the weekend and get a hotel or whatever.
But I'm still gonna try.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I wanna try to make it out to Apex, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to yet, plus I have nobody to like, chill with for the weekend and get a hotel or whatever.
But I'm still gonna try.
If I were you I'd try to get as many people as possible to guy with me just to cut down on the price of things. If you can get 4-5 people to go with you that should be helpful. I'm pretty sure if you asking around people will prob be housing people (i"m not too sure though). So maybe you'll be able to make your way out there.

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
Well, I live in west coast Canada, so I'd have to take a flight there. I doubt the price could be much reduced from that. The only thing I was really hoping to cut down the price on would be maybe a hotel or something. I'm sure I'd be able to find other people going that I could arrange that with.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Well, I live in west coast Canada, so I'd have to take a flight there. I doubt the price could be much reduced from that. The only thing I was really hoping to cut down the price on would be maybe a hotel or something. I'm sure I'd be able to find other people going that I could arrange that with.
Ah, I see then yeah you will prob only cut down on your hotel fare then if you're flying in. But I guess a penny saved is a penny earned.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
The whole thing I'm talking about is that is allows ICs to DI in their shield avoiding the last hit altogether or even grabbing us before it comes out. It makes it disastrous. Also, since it is multiple hits, it is easier to issdi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRZeUndPaX4
Here's a vid showing basics of this. ESAM did this stuff to me and I was incredibly sad afterward.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
The whole thing I'm talking about is that is allows ICs to DI in their shield avoiding the last hit altogether or even grabbing us before it comes out. It makes it disastrous. Also, since it is multiple hits, it is easier to issdi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRZeUndPaX4
Here's a vid showing basics of this. ESAM did this stuff to me and I was incredibly sad afterward.
Oh wow that's pretty interesting. After that happened did you ask esam to do it again ? Then try fsmash at different distances to see if he could always get a grab off? Also does he grab in the middle of fsmash ?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Aww but then my automatic "play to win" will kick in. Dilemmas, dilemmas.
I think you have to rephrase the question to your brain: "Which outcome would REALLY be winning?"
;)

Oh God. . . . I swear the Shield system is part of what makes smash so broken :/

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
we should talk about mk being banned in general, how we can kick solid snake pony passed the blast zones and find a magical way to get it on Olimar whilst moping about it simultaneously. Ven did get RB to 1 stock after all... perhaps we should look into this more? What about a potential increase of DDD, Pika and ICs? is this beneficial for us?
Hi Kata! i missed you!

i'd be set if we had some set strategy against Oli, snake is somewhat fun still...

I am sure there are plenty of salty/sad people who will qq cause he is gone.
I am indifferent about him, I am kinda glad that I will no longer have to see MK v MK in every stream though.
he's really banned now? wow. im happy for doubles as i won't have to see double MK or MK+random high tier teams.
lol
I used to think that but here's my reasoning.

Thanks to ISSDI, FSmash is no longer safe on shield. In fact, no move we have aside from Din's from a distance, is safe on their shield. We can be grab if we do anything, and the problem with us running away is that we don't have any true safe landing options and only mixups so they can cover everything as we're landing. Getting grabbed leads to our biggest problem, we are the easiest to CG. Like, MK easy. Since a competent IC should not drop a CG against Zelda, we're doomed. It's bad when we're easier to CG than MK.

EDIT: Supreme Dirt, I'll be there!
Oh God. . . . I swear the Shield system is part of what makes smash so broken :/
so....Zelda is basically unplayable now rather than somewhat unplayable? stupid Brawl

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Zelda have always been a decent doubles character, people just *****es way too much about MK....

Rizen

Smash Legend
IC do have terrible grab range and a 6 frame difference in their shield time. Can they actually SSDI Zelda's Fsmash into a CG?

Usually CGs do hurt slow and/or fast falling characters more but there are 2 ICs so the rules change.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
yeah this is pretty bad! what it means is that she'll need to space fsmash to hit with the last few hits s o there isn't an opportunity to sdi in shield maybe... in other words max range. could this work? losing her ground game is a big deal imo.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
This technique is still fairly new and its pretty difficult since you must be quick with it. Doing it wrong leads to either a spotdodge or a grab that won't reach. When they do get this down though, we are in mega trouble. Max spacing could be a cure or maybe even charging a little bit, anticipating a running shield but otherwise we really do not have an answer. If max spacing does work, it only makes the MU more stressful just because we'll have to play inhumanly perfect. Bleh!

:phone:

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
This technique is still fairly new and its pretty difficult since you must be quick with it. Doing it wrong leads to either a spotdodge or a grab that won't reach. When they do get this down though, we are in mega trouble. Max spacing could be a cure or maybe even charging a little bit, anticipating a running shield but otherwise we really do not have an answer. If max spacing does work, it only makes the MU more stressful just because we'll have to play inhumanly perfect. Bleh!

I don't think we need to play inhumanly perfect. Just tighten up a little bit and not fling fsmash out there the way we normally do. However, I believe this SSDI thing has to be hard for them considering they don't sheild at the same time so at the very least if we don't get popo we should be able to hit nana.

I wish you would of tried different distance just to see what works and what doesn't work. Maybe next time you can ask him to test it with you.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Sadly the thing with that was when I was playing with ESAM, it was in tournament. That being said, he is very good at doing this so he was able to close the gap from max distance Fsmash more than half the time. I'm thinking that maybe we can catch with the end of Fsmash?

Now ESAM is in SC so maybe I can try to have RedHalberd test with me (if he's good at issdi)

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Sadly the thing with that was when I was playing with ESAM, it was in tournament. That being said, he is very good at doing this so he was able to close the gap from max distance Fsmash more than half the time. I'm thinking that maybe we can catch with the end of Fsmash?

Now ESAM is in SC so maybe I can try to have RedHalberd test with me (if he's good at issdi)

Ah, I see. What's the phone at the end of your messages supposed to mean ?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Anyone know which files I need to tinker with to change the colour of Zelda's special attacks with textures and stuff?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Posting this from my phone. :) To me it's just another icon and I don't really think about it much.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Oh god things were so much better with Fuujin banned now we're going to get spammed with gifs n pics.

he prob got banned for spamming gifs and double posting.
When MK got b& I went to troll the MK boards.
Also that Katifae girl/guy kept giving me infractions cause they're a hater.

I actuall don't mind the GIFs or the lack of seriousness, I just dislike that he's the only Zelda that doesn't overrate her and rudeness.
fix'd

Top Bottom