• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Kata-Iffy is how it's pronounced.

Also... I used Raphael and Ivy in Soul Calibur games :) I used Setsuka and Zasalamel more in 3 though, and I haven't played 4 at all.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I used Raphael and Seung-Mina in all of them, while playing around with the others of course. I tried to practice with Setsuka and Zasalamel, but man it's not pretty, haha.

4... kinda saddens me. Every character that I use is bad. Not like Zelda, but more like Ganon-bad. Then again, I love the game more for its aesthetics than anything else, so yeah.

Off topic (lol), but I wanted to go to Europe sometime in my life. Will likely go to France of course... but if I were to go to England, where would you recommend? For some reason, every English person I've spoken to that was not from a certain city said that said city was bad, so like, I don't even know.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I think pretty often (once or twice a week), but I'm pretty responsible about it so I'm never really trashed. I prefer hard liquor shots over beer generally.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
London is a good place to start because there are a lot of little quirky historical places you can go to. I'd recommend going to some of the places less spoken of like Covent Garden, Camden Market (if you like rum definitely go here lol), Notting Hill (for the electric cinema), and there are also loads of free museums you can go to in Kensington, and there's the Tate Modern in South Bank. (All of these places are within London btw)

The problem is, you'd need to be accustomed to the underground system there and plus it can be very expensive, so doing everything in one holiday would be tricky.

Brighton is also very "touristy", there's a big contrast - the beach, high streets and lanes. The lanes are really nice because it's retained a lot of its medievil style about it in the way people do business there, a big contrast to the commercial stuff. The clubs and bars are reeeally decent as well. If you come here though be warned, there's like protests and festivals everyday.

There are a few places further up North that are cool - Bath and York would be nice places to look at but they're more 'country' if anything - a lot quieter than the other places I mentioned.

And yeah... Kataefi is a cake! A very nice one at that.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Off topic (lol), but I wanted to go to Europe sometime in my life. Will likely go to France of course... but if I were to go to England, where would you recommend? For some reason, every English person I've spoken to that was not from a certain city said that said city was bad, so like, I don't even know.
Britain has tons of places worth going too, especially during the summer. London is quite nice, though things are really expensive there. Cornwall is worth going to as well; they make the best ice-cream ever. Dorset (where I live) is also quite nice and peaceful. The only problem is that you'll see lots of drunkards in town on Friday and Saturday nights.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I've been saying kuh-tay-fee. lol

I'm too young to drink.
Being too young doesn't really stop some people. I have some friends who've been drinking heavily since they were 14, and on weekends and Fridays they sometimes have over 20 units in one go(and end up being violently sick the whole night). It's not uncommon for them to have something like 2-4 litres of cider or a pint of vodka in one go.

Yet they think I'm the weird one because I don't drink much (all alcohol except wine tastes vile to me). They'll regret it when their livers get screwed over.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@Drinking talk: I drink heavily on the weekends (EDIT: that sounds alcoholic, lol, but it's kind of the truth without it being worse than anybody else who parties a lot), and I still lead a pretty happy and very productive life. Weird? Maybe. I unapologetically love to party.

I'm jealous of the hamtaro avatars. Why is no one plastic bag on face hamster?... Penelope was it?
Lol. We have one Pika who refuses to convert to the Ham-Ham ways..... so we're saving Penelope for him.

I've definitely been pronouncing it wrong for quite a long time then, lol. I thought it was kaTayfee, or something weird like that.

But I'll be sure to remember this new iffy pronunciation, lol
Same, lol. Kah-TAY-fee. XD

I think I'll just keep pronouncing it like that in my head, because Kata-iffy just doesn't work for me. =X I can't see it!

@London talk: I stopped over in London once.... it was nice, but I feel like it's such a dreary place. It's always so cloudy and rainy all the time..... ><

My sister has a huge crush on Daniel Radcliffe, though (:urg:!!!), so she wants to visit one day in hopes of seeing him, lolol. I think he's ****in weird looking.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I never understood wanting to be drunk. Like trashed drunk. I'll get drunk once and awhile, to the point where I'm funny and talk alot and am silly, kinda like normal but a bit dumber, but not annoying dumb... according to my friends.

But can someone explain to me the point of being trashed? Just... why?
Drinking to the point of being trashed is stupid. I find it happens because you lose control once you're drunk, or people just want to show off by drinking more than everyone else.
I used to get sick when I first started drinking xD
It wasn't pretty haha
But at that time I didn't know my limit yet and now I do.
So I only drink to the point of "Perfect drunkness". You still have fun and stuff, but your brain can still function enough to realize when to stop, what NOT to do, and when to drink water to avoid a nasty hangover later in the morning

:)

zeldspazz

Smash Master
It amazes me that in a Zelda Chat we got on the subject of drinking problems. I love this place, Zelda boards are officially the most fun place on SWF ^_^

Well, other than the ham-ham attack on the Snake boards (go Kaylo!)

sasook

Smash Champion
Tiger, I live in a town that is in a county with a reputation for having one of the worst underage drinking problems nationwide, lol. I'm quite proud I've never drank/drunk (dunno correct term for this context), especially in a town like mine. Even my friends marvel at it.

I've never cursed/sweared either. People usually respond with a "what the (insert curse here)?" when they hear that. lol

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
That's very good sasook, that's definitely a good quality to have and don't let anyone say otherwise.

Now, as for my username:

I've definitely been pronouncing it wrong. I thought it was kaTayfee, or something weird like that.
:mad:

That's how I pronounced it, too.
:mad::mad:

I've been saying kuh-tay-fee
:mad::mad::mad:

Same, lol. Kah-TAY-fee. XD
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Make sure you emphasise the I in the iffy part as well... to give it that authentic edge :bee:

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
You two three above me broke the MOD COMBO :mad::mad:

__

Susa I've put your little song in the OP. I want to actually embed the video but it just comes up as all this weird script.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
You can hear mine if you want. Actually, my voice is terrible. Never mind...
Lol, don't worry, I'm not a fan of my voice either, unfortunately. One of the many reasons I hate talking on the phone.

Speaking of british accents, though, I went on a trip to Europe with my middle school class.... waaaay back in the day. We were in Italy, and we went to get some ice cream.... the dude serving us had a british accent, so my one friend (she's kind of nuts) goes:

ARE YOU BRI'ISH?!?!?!

extra loud, in the worst mock british accent I've ever heard in my life, lolol. I don't think he found it very amusing. :urg:

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Lol, don't worry, I'm not a fan of my voice either, unfortunately. One of the many reasons I hate talking on the phone.

Speaking of british accents, though, I went on a trip to Europe with my middle school class.... waaaay back in the day. We were in Italy, and we went to get some ice cream.... the dude serving us had a british accent, so my one friend (she's kind of nuts) goes:

ARE YOU BRI'ISH?!?!?!

extra loud, in the worst mock british accent I've ever heard in my life, lolol. I don't think he found it very amusing. :urg:

I lol'd

I havent gone on a field trip since the 3rd grade, my school district cant afford to go anywhere

Btw, I is bored, brawl anyone? I am uber XD (and Ill give you a cookie to humor me)

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I do find it amusing how quite a few american people I've come across seem to think british accents are either a) very posh or b) plain cockney xD

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I lol'd

I havent gone on a field trip since the 3rd grade, my school district cant afford to go anywhere

Btw, I is bored, brawl anyone? I am uber XD (and Ill give you a cookie to humor me)
I'll brawl you :)
I haven't brawled in awhile

And I wish I had a British accent :urg:

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I now have a new favorite word
I've been using blasphemy forever. It is a great word.

Then again, I have a plethora of great words.

You two three above me broke the MOD COMBO :mad::mad:

__

Susa I've put your little song in the OP. I want to actually embed the video but it just comes up as all this weird script.
Awwww, :3 thank you.

:mad: THEY BROKE THE MOD COMBO?

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I have a pretty decent fake british accent. It takes me a couple minutes to get the bal rolling though!

Surprisingly I am Scottish but find that WAY too difficult to mimic...

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Sorry Samysbrawler, I had just got accepted by someone else right after I posted that

We can play later if youd like.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
That's very good sasook, that's definitely a good quality to have and don't let anyone say otherwise.

Now, as for my username:

:mad:

:mad::mad:

:mad::mad::mad:

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Make sure you emphasise the I in the iffy part as well... to give it that authentic edge :bee:
I pronounce it kuh-TAY-fay as well...

how's it feel to have a universally mispronounced name?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
So many mispronunciations! This is the equivalent of those cheesy horror clichés where one suddenly realises the killer is right behind them. THE HORROR! New mad face is born:

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
So many mispronunciations! This is the equivalent of those cheesy horror clichés where one suddenly realises the killer is right behind them. THE HORROR! New mad face is born:
have you ever thought maybe YOU were the one pronouncing it wrong? :)

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion

I tried not to say it for so long, but I've been pronouncing it like the majority of them this whole time.

I can't believe I'm saying this BUT, I think Hedgedawg is right.

Top Bottom