• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Bandit Fun Fact

First...

I actually own 2 cowboy hats, a large buckle, and a pair of cowboy boots. I do wear all of these somewhat frequently including to work.

I love baseball; I have played it since I was 5.

Perhaps it isn't a sexy pose, but it's a normal picture. :)

Now... (format stolen from KayLo! & Kataefi)

Tournament: Yes (Brawl+ mainly)
Teammates: Thunderhorse (Falco)
Zelda Costume: Lightning (Has been for the past 4+ months)
Sheik: Hell no! (well... only if forced to by match-up)
Secondaries: Ike, Jiggz

I am 24 years old & I play smash.
I am 5'11"
I did not play 64 or Melee competitively. In fact, I found them boring outside of FFA.
I started playing competitively because my friend JCaesar basically forced Brawl onto me. I figured it was just easier to join him and give it a shot.
I started as a Game & Watch, trained for 3 months (June-August 2008), went to my first tournament (September 2008) and promptly dropped Game & Watch for Zelda.
I play Zelda because it fit my playstyle. I was not tech gifted when I started, and I failed at aggressive play.
I am a CAD (Computer Aided Drafting) guy for an Electrical Contractor.
I have a bachelors degree in Architecture.
I played 4.5 years of college baseball as a pitcher. (Red Shirt Freshman year)
I am straight.
I am Lutheran.
I have a Yorkie Poo (Yorkie + Poodle) named Sarge who is a little over a year old.
I plan on adopting another dog of the Scottish Terrier persuasion.
I love: baseball, football, hockey (see a trend), southern belles, sport & comedy movies, laughing
I hate: NBA, scary movies, poor grammar, poor spelling, people who say "lol" in person, people who use "lulz"
Movies: League of Their Own, Wedding Crashers, Superbad, Role Models, Summer Catch, Blues Brothers, Zombieland
TV Shows: Scrubs (can probably quote 85% of the lines from the show), South Park, Family Guy, Cosby Show, Boy Meets World, Family Matters, Fresh Prince of Bel Air
I love to debate topics and speak my mind, and I am right more often than KayLo!
I love to talk... a lot...
I love people's stories.
Food: Chicken, cracker gravy (it is seriously as simple as it sounds), roast beef, steak
I can speak Spanish... just not fluently (3 years of classes and I can ask where the bathroom is...)
I am French/German (Rhineland) with some Cherokee, Irish (no the red hair is not from that)
Other Games I Play: Halo 3, CoD:MW2, FFXIII, NHL 10
XBOX 360 Gamertag: R3D Bandit
I design t-shirts as a hobby.
I design a newsletter for my father's car club.
I am one of the only people who write out "KayLo!"
I never pronounced Kataefi's name right... I still don't...
I am very skilled at poker (in particular Texas Hold'em). I would seriously take everyone's money if we played. This is not just bragging; I have never walked away from a money table with less than I have started with.

Last thing... I created my signature.

One more last thing...

http://www.twitter.com/Banditized follow me and my snarky comments on life.

Ok so I keep thinking of things but...

My Zelda's name is Lightning.

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman
ALL ABOUT AZNFINESSE

Pics

The guy all the girls wanna be with. Check out that fauxhawk.

The AzN Cowboy. All the sorority girls loved the look.

Army Strong. HOOAH!!! (BTW I got promoted since this pic)

Bio

Tournament: Yes (Brawl, Brawl+, Melee sometimes)
Teammates: ATK (Toon Link, Mario, Luigi), Zr0 (Kirby, Fox, Marth)
Zelda Costume: Blue (Her Nickname is Twinkle Toes with 9 inch Stilettos)
Sheik: No, not anymore
Secondaries: Diddy Kong, Mr. Game & Watch, King Dedede, Falco

I am 22 years old
I am 5'4" and 145 lbs
I am currently attending UNLV with a recently changed major to Education
I am a brother of Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity. GO TKE!!!!!
I am a member of the Army National Guard
I work at Rave Theater (it's a movie theater)
I am Filipino and Japanese
I am straight.
I currently reside in Las Vegas, NV but I grew up in Paterson, NJ. However, I was born in Manila, Philippines. LOL.
I started playing brawl because it was the first game I got for the Wii.
My favorite sports are tennis, wrestling, MMA, and Bowling.
I played Varsity tennis in high school for 4 years and was on the JV wrestling team for 2 years, varsity for 1, and I was on the bowling team for 2 years.
I still get in more fights than I probably should (keep me away from bars lol)
I am generally a nice guy, but don't take my nice-ness for weakness.
I have 2 dogs named Katya (Jack Russel Terrier) and Piolo (Bichon)
My favorite movie of all time is Avatar.
I consider my style to be a mix of preppy and urban with a touch of Greek Fraternity stereotype looks (don't ask me how it works...it just does).
I tend to talk on and on and on about the same subject for like an hour without getting tired of it.
I'm at the gym about 2-3 hours a day now (one hour working out and the last hour/2 hours doing MMA practice with my buddies).
I am the only real zelda player in las vegas (that I know of). Everyone else tries to play her, but gives up after about a week or two.
I LOVE to fight.
I am a direct person. but at the same time i TRY to be polite about it (although I wont be if I don't like you LOL).

I think that's about it about me.

Oh!!! ADD ME ON FACEBOOK!!! Be sure u note that ur a Zelda player or i will ignore your add.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/ismael.diva

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Don't really feel like posting new pics.

DarkMusician (DarkM)
Tournament Player
Past Teammates: PC Chris (Snake), WAR (Snake), DanL (Snake), K0rean (MK), PhantomX (Wario)
Color: Green
Sheik: NO
Secondaries: Meta Knight, Ice Climbers, Falco, King Dedede, Snake, Marth

About me:
Outside of Brawl my life is normal so I won't bore you with that
Veteran Zelda player
Active local Brawl tournament player since the game came out. I place alright.
Host of the SBHM series
youtube=darkmusician (subscribe today)
Proud member of The Odo Faction (they are like family to me)
If you wanna talk to me about something find me on AIM or Zelda xat
I love Brawl. Come to Hawaii and play me.

JuJux

Smash Apprentice
Hum ... 2 pics !

What else ?

and Sexy pose !

Omg I look so gay D: ! My friends was kidding me cuz I won a girl's bag, so I done this pic ;D !

Tournament player
Teammates: Kitsune-kun (DK), Neath (MK)
Zelda Costume: Blue in singles and red in doubles
Sheik: Don't deblock this char.
Secondaries: Zelda '__' ?

I'm a french player and I'm 19.
I am 5'6" and 150 lbs
I'm bachelor ;DD !!!
My Marth in melee is AMAZING
ly ridiculous =D
I'm the most active player in my region (and the most active Zelda player in France)
I'm one of the 6 owners of the French Board : Ssb-France
I'm in law school
I'm an otaku
Facebook sucks.
Favorite game : Tales of vesperia
Particularity : I play Zelda in Brawl but I never play at Zelda's games :x
I don't really like speak English as well. Go learn French guys ;D !
I pronounce Kataefi : "KA - TA - é - FEE" D8

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
This is TUSM.

I have mastered the art of the Shoryuuken.

I am currently working on, you guessed it, the Hadoken.

Also, just, uhhh, throwing this out there.

Yeah.

TUSM's real name is Lawrence Brown.
TUSM will not add you on Facebook unless he's met you in person.
TUSM is 23 years old and was born on September 23rd.
TUSM only came to this board as a result of his constant namesearching.
TUSM only playes Zelda in doubles on lolwifi with one teammate. The color is always red.
TUSM, outside of Smash, plays a lot of Guitar Hero and Rock Band. He's currently waiting for Gran Turismo 5.
TUSM's PS3 won't let him type anymore........

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
@Bandit

did not know what to expect in pictures, im blown away

@Wolfy
my birthday is 3 days after yours

@Jujux
i expected you to be younger for some reason, lol

@TUSM
i want to do Shoryuken, teach me!!

i'll update my profile a bit later today im still in class

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I am 5'60" and 150 lbs
[COLOR="#FFCBA"]5'60''? That would be absolutely massive! That's like 3 metres tall! :laugh: I'll assume you meant to type 5'6''...[/COLOR]

I don't really like speak English as well. Go learn French guys ;D !
[COLOR="#FFCBA"]French isn't a bad language, but it has so many barriers to learning it. It has more irregular verbs than regular ones, there are hardly any hard 'k' sounds at all, it's too easy to get it confused with Spanish and all in all it's just generally ridiculously difficult... Granted, English has a lot of spazzed up aspects as well...

Off-topic, here's a funny video of a contestant with the most hilarious name ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7akIoAej0VI

It would be hilarious if owls could actually do that...[/COLOR]

JuJux

Smash Apprentice
[COLOR="#FFCBA"]5'60''? That would be absolutely massive! That's like 3 metres tall! :laugh: I'll assume you meant to type 5'6''...[/COLOR]
argh.. ~ I've failed with your "foot" system :x ! But yeah I tall 1 meter 70 (5'6" ?).

@Jujux
i expected you to be younger for some reason, lol
I guess it's because of my english which is really really simple (and false sometimes lol), I feel myself younger when I post here :/.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I guess it's because of my english which is really really simple (and false sometimes lol), I feel myself younger when I post here :/.
That's probably it, because I expected you to be much younger too, lol.

Nice pics, everybody! I wanna take new ones before I post a new profile, but I've been lazy.....

AzN, you spelled your own name wrong, btw. x.o

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
idk. maybe. just, even before i read your post i always thought you were younger.

maybe its just my brain trying to classify things for no reason. like it sometimes tries to lean at Zeldspazz being a girl when i see his post, and he's not.
That's probably it, because I expected you to be much younger too, lol.

Nice pics, everybody! I wanna take new ones before I post a new profile, but I've been lazy.....
ya i need some new ones too, i got one, but i just want at least two

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
For the record, I never thought Jujux seemed younger. I actually thought we was older hahaha

Also, FF13 is absolutely breathtaking.
I LOVE IT!!

Yesterday I officially declared it to be my favorite game of all time (Yes, officially declared).
I'm only 13 hours in too xD

I guess that quite a bit for the first day though but, meh. I wish I didn't have to work in an hour D:
I wanna play ;__;

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
argh.. ~ I've failed with your "foot" system :x ! But yeah I tall 1 meter 70 (5'6" ?).

[COLOR="#FFCBA"]Look on the bright side. Your English >>>>>> my French by miles. I can scarcely talk about anything in French without having to constantly refer to a dictionary...[/COLOR]

...o_o srsly ?
[COLOR="#FFCBA"]Yes, srsly. I did French and Spanish GCSE at the same time (perhaps not a great choice in hindsight, but nvm). The amounts of times I mixed up 'es' and 'est', 'y' and 'et', verb endings and various pieces of vocabulary (such as 'ordenador' and 'ordinateur') is utterly ridiculous. The listening aspects of the language were especially difficult; they talk waaaaaaay too fast.

How I managed to get an A in both them is beyond me...[/COLOR]

maybe its just my brain trying to classify things for no reason. like it sometimes tries to lean at Zeldspazz being a girl when i see his post, and he's not.
[COLOR="#FFCBA"]The amount of people on here who I've erroneously thought are girls is huge, including you, Kataefi, SoR, Yaaay and Dark.Pch, among others.

People over the internet often think I'm a girl as well, probably due to the repeated usage of girls in just about every game possible (not just fighting games, also stuff like Mario Kart, golfing games etc.) Heck, a lot of kids IRL used to joke that I was a girl in disguise (this was back when I sounded like Minnie Mouse lol. Up until about zeldspazz's current age).[/COLOR]

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
meh i tend to have girly typing. all through FF11 only other kitties guessed i was a guy on the first try.

and on other sites my SN is girly.

i just try and think everyone is a guy unless they tell me otherwise. i did think Yaaay was a girl too lol.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Dang, everyone is putting in Info and what not. Makes me seem like an idiot cause I didn't put mine. :(

Well I'm changing that right now.

Tournament: Yes Brawl
Teammates: JUJ (:metaknight::kirby2::dedede:) Espy (:sonic:) GrayFox43 (:wolf:) DSB (:snake:)
Zelda Costume: Green/Purple (With textures on, Shinigami Zelda)
Sheik: Yes
Secondaries: :falco::snake::sonic::diddy::shiek:

Bio:
Name: Quincy A Thomas (Don't worry about my middle initial.)
D.O.B: 03/06/1986
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 224 lbs. (I'm a fatty >_<)
About Me: Well I'm a full time gamer. I hang with friends and just chill with them. Nothing illegal mind you, but we all act like we could be on something. Anyways I'm in a gaming crew from way back when called RnJ. RnJ originally stood for **** no Jutsu but that had to change cause, well....we are a nice gamer bunch. The name itself came from 4 of us playing Naruto GNT4 all day everyday, till we became the #1 group in TX. I, myself, was #3 at that time. Anyways back to the bio that somehow became a story. Right now the "R" is unknown so I'll most likely update on that. The group is now expanded and fallen from fighting games....well except for me and my partner, JUJ.

Fav Character(s): Zelda/Chun Li (both tied for 1st), Daisy, Misty, Hollow Ichigo, Sonic, Snake

Fav Game(s): Zelda series, Sonic series, MGS series, Pokemon series, Blazblue

Fav Anime: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Fav Manga: Bleach, Naruto

That's about it for me.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I thought Kata, JZ, and Zeldspazz were girls for the longest time, lol.
lol. idr what i thought for KayLo!, i didn't get a guy feel about her so maybe i just went with ambiguous until she said so.

@Gfox

lol your initials make QAT, sounds like it could be questions and trivia

who did you main in GNT4?

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
lol. idr what i thought for KayLo!, i didn't get a guy feel about her so maybe i just went with ambiguous until she said so.

@Gfox

lol your initials make QAT, sounds like it could be questions and trivia

who did you main in GNT4?
Shikamaru. Self-proclaimed "Low-Tier King"

Bandit

Smash Lord
For the record, I never thought Jujux seemed younger. I actually thought we was older hahaha

Also, FF13 is absolutely breathtaking.
I LOVE IT!!

Yesterday I officially declared it to be my favorite game of all time (Yes, officially declared).
I'm only 13 hours in too xD

I guess that quite a bit for the first day though but, meh. I wish I didn't have to work in an hour D:
I wanna play ;__;
Wow... I have played for... an hour.

I like it so far though.

I leave for work at 6:30am and get home at 5pm and have to be asleep by Midnight to function the next day. At some point, I have to eat, shower, take care of my dog, and keep up with you Zeldas...

Yeah, an hour so far sounds about right. I actually stopped playing because I have to be online tonight to talk to someone. And, I just discovered a bunch of new internet stuff they put on the Xbox360 (like facebook, last.fm, zune, etc).

I'm currently listening to the MiniBosses last.fm channel.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
lol Yeah, I kinda made Tuesday my "Do absolutely nothing but stay in my room and play video games" day. They're rare, but they happen. Usually only when I deem it necessary xD

I MIGHT do the same thing tomorrow, we'll see. FF13 is too epic to play in short spurts.

Bandit

Smash Lord
I still want to play, but I should be sleeping. I'm just happy I'm not too far in so it isn't consuming me yet.

I played FF7 & FF8 all the way through. I lost interest in FF9 (not sure why) and haven't played an FF till now. I was extremely excited to see it going on XBox 360. I don't have a PS3 (or a Wii) so it was fantastic when I heard that news.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
My all-time fav is FF 8. I loved everything about it.

I like 6, 10, and 7 as well, but not as much. 13 is shaping up well for me so far despite some lackluster reviews. The battle system is fun, the characters are likable, and it looks amazing... I really could care less that I don't have as much freedom as previous installments.

9 was always so-so for me. I loved the world they were in more than the typical steam-punk thing FF does but I didn't like any of the characters or the story... still beat it though, just not a favorite.

Bandit

Smash Lord
I was one of those who cried during FF7, and I loved FF8 as well.

I was excited about the job classes again since that is what I grew up with, but I got into an area where my guys weren't powerful enough to survive an attack but I couldn't go back either. Then my data was accidentally erased, and I never went back and played it again.

I still have it and will eventually beat it along with FF5 and FF6. I have the FF5 anime sequel so I've always wanted to play FF5.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Yay pass! I will be at a local tourney (with actual rulesets) on that day as well in Gville, then MLG Orlando, GAMME, and hopefully Apex2. This is my plan at least for now.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
If its this month then there's WHOBO that takes priority over everything.

If next month then Akon takes priority.

In short, I won't be going. :X

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Thank god, it's about time. XD Yay, I'm excited to see how you do!

@Bobby: I'mma see you at APEX, though.............. at least, I better. :mad:
I know right! My local play n trade.......no further explanation lol. I got 5th though at VSA Tampa though so I was kinda happy. Plenty of other real placements but it's always those that stand out lmao!

@Grey: It's the 26th-28 of this month. Sadly, I'll be getting my drink on. Hmmmm, drunken Zelda playing.........hilarity shall ensue!

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I know right! My local play n trade.......no further explanation lol. I got 5th though at VSA Tampa though so I was kinda happy. Plenty of other real placements but it's always those that stand out lmao!

@Grey: It's the 26th-28 of this month. Sadly, I'll be getting my drink on. Hmmmm, drunken Zelda playing.........hilarity shall ensue!
My first play n trade for Melee had very similar rules. It was chaos.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Scary, I have a question......

Do TOs in FL not use Tio? Or any other kind of tourney program? Because y'all's results thread are always kind of..... bare, lol. No brackets, and half the time only the top placings are listed. @.@

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Scary, I have a question......

Do TOs in FL not use Tio? Or any other kind of tourney program? Because y'all's results thread are always kind of..... bare, lol. No brackets, and half the time only the top placings are listed. @.@
Honestly, that's a really good question. If I were in control, I would make sure but usually when I go to a tournament, I just go to hang out with friends and end up having a good time. And then I play when called. I truthfully have never payed any attention to the TOs lol. I will at this next one I suppose. (In honestly, I will probably answer no, or they are too lazy to post full.)

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Again, it isn't often. Usually you save it to someone's Wii and count on them posting it. It doesn't help that I don't have my own device.

I'll answer everything else when I wake up 2moro. G'nite Zeldas!

Bandit

Smash Lord
noted. thx kaylo. at least it's not hard to pronounce....like kuh tay fee....lol
Check the social thread's first page...

Kataefi said:
Kata-Iffy is how it's pronounced.
@KayLo!

My entire crew was going to go down to HERB. We know a few people down there pretty well and were looking forward to seeing them again plus they had added a 3rd day just for Brawl+. Then, the TO got lazy, didn't update the website or the thread forever and didn't push the thread. It kept falling back to the 3rd page on tournament listings and we gave up on it. None of us were willing to take off work to go to a tournament that far away that had no hype.

Now, it is stickied, but it is too late, and the TO took away the Brawl+ day so my crew wouldn't be interested.

Top Bottom