• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Are they any reliable set-ups or combo's that lead into the Dash Attack Lock?
If you land nB it's an automatic dash attack. Jab leads into dash attack at low percents, useful if your jab isn't gonna get PSed. Fthrow is also a pretty solid setup for it, if they airdodge out of it you can DA their landing, if they jump you can chase them with uair or hug the ground and try and punish their landing. Dsmash obviously works. Autocanceled nair works.

Saint Ex

Smash Rookie
Slow D-air?

I'm not sure if this has been discussed already. Sorry if it has been already. When doing ZSS's stall then fall d-air, it didn't shoot down to the ground really fast like it usually does. Instead, she started falling really slowly but still did the action of the d-air. I even hit an opponent and he was sent downwards. I'm still not sure how I performed this as I can't seem to duplicate it consistently. Any help here as to how I did this? This would definitely be useful I could pull it off consistently.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Are they any reliable set-ups or combo's that lead into the Dash Attack Lock?
Id say jab since their in the air and cant PS the 3rd hit

okay, i alted zss for a long time but eventually got bored, BUT DONT HATE ME I KIND OF WANT TO PICK HER BACK UP.

anyway, since I used to play her I'm pretty interested in how you guys plan on handling the mlg stage procedure. strategy? preferred stages?
I'll ban japes and thats it , I live in the midwest Cp's aren't much of an issue for me since I got Cp'd to enough janky stages to know the mechanics

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I'm not sure if this has been discussed already. Sorry if it has been already. When doing ZSS's stall then fall d-air, it didn't shoot down to the ground really fast like it usually does. Instead, she started falling really slowly but still did the action of the d-air. I even hit an opponent and he was sent downwards. I'm still not sure how I performed this as I can't seem to duplicate it consistently. Any help here as to how I did this? This would definitely be useful I could pull it off consistently.
If you have up ward momentum from an enemy attack it will stall. Oh god if we could do the stall with a jump itd be such a legit approach.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Japes isn't all that bad for ZSS. I'm actually surprised that 4/5ths of the people that I play still counterpick Frigate against her though. Maybe it's just me, but I find that stage ridiculously good for her.

solecalibur

Smash Master
olimar on japes are scary when they know what there doing see hilts post on counter picking stages

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I'd make my avatar u-tilt's first hitbox in a heartbeat, if I wasn't already ****IN AXE COP.

also japes is horrible

noradseven

Smash Lord
I'd make my avatar u-tilt's first hitbox in a heartbeat, if I wasn't already ****IN AXE COP.

also japes is horrible
A horrible map that nobody plays....that being said I have to do over double damage to get a kill :(. If the other person actually played on the map though then yeah I would ban it unless their was a neutral that was a free loss as well.

The group of people I played with played the stupid maps way too much. I am very confident at my skills on Mario World 3, the one with the !!!ANGRY PURPLE CRABS!!!

Also my least favorite map in the game as far as dumb bull**** goes, is probably that ****ing pikmen stage dear god, just everything. Its fun but it can get so enraging and so luck based who wins on it.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Because some characters can force getup jab / tilt lock at the left side and just walk characters off the stage. I've actually done it with Link a few times. rofl

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Nah, the Walk-Off isn't a big deal. Then you have the fact that the stage makes items. Pellets with a 10 on them do a good 10%+ to opponents. Connecting Z-Drop with pellets -> aerial is pretty pro.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Because some characters can force getup jab / tilt lock at the left side and just walk characters off the stage. I've actually done it with Link a few times. rofl
But since there's only one walk off on the stage, you have to be facing that particular side of the stage to score that KO, which means it's actually pretty easy to avoid.

Nah, the Walk-Off isn't a big deal. Then you have the fact that the stage makes items. Pellets with a 10 on them do a good 10%+ to opponents. Connecting Z-Drop with pellets -> aerial is pretty pro.
Actually, I like the items, I feel they are part of the reason why the stage is so well-designed. The option of camping the left side and scoring an early % KO is ever-present, but the stage has two mechanics built into it that reward the player maintaining control of the main portion of the stage: the flood, and the pellets. The flood will flush out the camper, and the pellets award the player who doesn't camp, by providing him projectiles to fight the camper from afar.

grab release chaingrab
gg
Would that work, with the slant?

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
It's an amazing stage for Wario and Ganondorf. I remember I use to always change to Wario or Ganondorf when someone CP'd that stage, back when it was legal.

Ganondorf: Z-Drop 10 Pellet -> Dair {regrab pellet} -> Throw Pellet

Wario, well... pretty obvious with his air game.

Then Captain Falcon can Z-Drop -> Knee. lol. I actually wish that stage was still legal.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
As a beginner ZSS would you recommend B sticking? Or are the benefits not worth the trouble. In the same line of thought is there any way to gain the B sticking effect without actually assigning the C-stick to Special (I doubt it but there may be some strange button combo I'm not aware of)

Zero

Smash Hero
There's absolutely no reason to b-stick with ZSS, even any character, when it's so easily done without it.

To wavebounce side b:

(LEFT)

Move control stick right > SIde b left

(RIGHT)

Move control stick left > Side b right

Neutral b:

Move control stick (opposite direction you want to attack) > B > Move control stick (direction you want to attack)

Apply neutral B wavebouncing to UpB as well.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thanks. I appreciate the imput. It must just be me failing at wavebounce then, I'll give it more practice.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
b sticking is really stupid for most characters most notably marth because lack of retreating aerials. As a ZSS side I can saftely say that b sticking won't help your game at all either

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Why? Is there even a point in b-sticking when you can do it just as easily, if not easier, with the control stick?
Regular control settings are much more strict, when it comes to wavebouncing. B-sticking should be used by every Lucas main, that wants to fully use Lucas's potential.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
starting from 0% - fresh 105%
damage table : 0%,9%,17%,24%,31%,37%,42%,47%,52%,56%,60%

forward throw > (buffered dash grab to forward throw) x10 > buffered dash grab
-bowser

forward throw > (buffered dash grab to forward throw) x9 > buffered dash grab
-ganon
-dedede
-captain falcon
-snake

forward throw > (buffered dash grab to forward throw) x2 > buffered dash grab
-link

forward throw > buffered dash grab
-ike

characters that can be chaingrabbed when forward throw is stale (not sure)
-sheik
-zerosuit samus
-fox
-falco
-wolf

vs dedede - fresh forward throw
 0-3% forward throw > (buffered dash grab to forward throw) x9 > buffered dash grab
 4-5% forward throw > (buffered dash grab to forward throw) x8 > buffered dash grab
 6-7% forward throw > (buffered dash grab to forward throw) x7 > buffered dash grab
 8-9% forward throw > (buffered dash grab to forward throw) x6 > buffered dash grab
  10% forward throw > (buffered dash grab to forward throw) x5 > buffered dash grab
11-12% forward throw > (buffered dash grab to forward throw) x4 > buffered dash grab
13-15% forward throw > (buffered dash grab to forward throw) x3 > buffered dash grab
16-18% forward throw > (buffered dash grab to forward throw) x2 > buffered dash grab
19-22% forward throw > (buffered dash grab to forward throw) > buffered dash grab
23-26% forward throw > buffered dash grab

going across final destination is about 5 times
data taken from inose (innocentroads)

you can practice this in training mode against falco.
if you miss a buffer grab, you won't be able to regrab.
Credit to nothing.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
So i HATE Brinstar.....but upon reading the boards for a little while apparently it is a great CP for zss against a multitude of characters! I need to know what tricks and tactics we can do there, what kind of characters we should take there and why is Zss good at Brinstar.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
ZSS is good at Brinstar because the lava forces an aerial game out of characters who might not necessarily wish to participate in.

That's how I end up utilizing it, at least. Plus you can dair into that clump of tubes or w/e they are and refresh your entire moveset, iirc :o

Top Bottom