• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

PEACE7

Smash Champion
I want zs to be my 2ndary and i have a question or 2.

How do you get a huge jump out of the Down+B jump? I see so many ZS Down+B then just some super huge jump after it.

What is the safest way to jab? It seems people PS my 3rd jab all the time!!!
I think I know what you are talking about just hold y after down b and youll bounce on items or anyone.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Pictochat isn't a good CP :(The stage is too big and you'll never kill on it.
I think its a great CP against characters like Diddy (when they ban FD)
and maybe.....maybe Metaknight since he cant gimp you there. Which seems to be a big factor when playing mk. Also its just as hard to get killed there as it is to kill.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I'm so confused.

Are you saying it's a good CP AS Diddy or AS ZSS?

Cause I can't imagine that a Diddy would ban FD. And most Diddy's like Picto.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
So who has videos on this infinite?
Cause i can't fight diddy's worth a dikk.
If someone can help me out or point in the direction of an export thread?

Usually the MU thread has given me problems.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
So basically the infinite (from watching the vid) is:

Glide Toss Banana
-> Dsmash
-> Footstool and throw banana down
-> catch banana and follow trip
-> throw banana down on Diddy
-> repeat from Dsmash

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
So basically the infinite (from watching the vid) is:

Glide Toss Banana
-> Dsmash
-> Footstool and throw banana down
-> catch banana and follow trip
-> throw banana down on Diddy
-> repeat from Dsmash
The trip will always go in the same direction (the one Diddy is facing) if you throw the Banana down after the trip without moving left or right.

Super Mallow

Smash Rookie
Got a quick question. Sonic main, but trying ZSS out lately.

Got the boost jump and the multiple dash attack buffering down, but how do you perform the technique with the armor at the beginning that causes ZSS to slide/move quickly? I don't know the actually name of the AT so when trying to search it, I couldn't find it. Found this thread, wanted to ask.

Please let me know

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Got a quick question. Sonic main, but trying ZSS out lately.

Got the boost jump and the multiple dash attack buffering down, but how do you perform the technique with the armor at the beginning that causes ZSS to slide/move quickly? I don't know the actually name of the AT so when trying to search it, I couldn't find it. Found this thread, wanted to ask.

Please let me know
The AT you're looking for it Glide Tossing

This is from the ZSS Complete Guide Thread

Glide Tossing is a technique that allows Zero Suit Samus (and other characters) to perform a strong toss while gliding across the stage. ZSS possesses one of the longer Glide Toss distances in Brawl which is obviously very good for her, because she starts with strong items. To perform a Glide Toss, interrupt the opening frames of a forward roll by tapping the C stick in any direction. (R/L, Tap forward, C stick) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDtdmdkzaro

Zero

Smash Hero
You also have jump cancelled tossing. You go a shorter distance, but sometimes that's useful.

To do: press direction, then jump, then item toss. I use A for it.

Yamitsuki

Smash Cadet
I'm new here an all (probably can tell by the post count), but I was wondering how am I supposed to play as ZSS? I really have no idea how to play her on the ground. I think I understand how I should play her once someone is not on the ground, but I have no idea what I should on the ground.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
I'm new here an all (probably can tell by the post count), but I was wondering how am I supposed to play as ZSS? I really have no idea how to play her on the ground. I think I understand how I should play her once someone is not on the ground, but I have no idea what I should on the ground.
Spam B, Side B, and D smash.

Yamitsuki

Smash Cadet
I thought it depended how close you were to him. Really close you can get away with SDI behind, but any other time I think it has to be SDI up and get out that way (jump or airdodge).

Top Bottom