• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
If your opponent is DI'ing dash attack up at over 60%, hit em with uair. It can hit most of the time.

Critical Guru

Smash Rookie
With Zss's Fair. Should I be trying to get both hits in or just time it to miss the first and hit with the second?

Critical Guru

Smash Rookie
Would it be a good straitgy to Sh ->Nair when I'm behind the enemy. So that the back end hits them if they drop their shield? Or is there a better mind games that I should be focusing on?

Zero

Smash Hero
I was thinking about that while in training mode yesterday and I think it could be a solid pressure. However it doesn't lead to much room in mixup since it's so safe that you can't follow up with anything D:.

Always good to mixup your back approach though, and since the range is deceptively large, they will probably get hit by it often.

Remember to practice it so the back end hits just as you touch the ground, for maximum opportunity for dash grab/dash attack. Sadly those are your only guaranteed options for landing such a safe move :(

nair annoys me in that to get the maximum benefit out of it, you need to space badly and risk the possibility of getting shieldgrabbed.

Critical Guru

Smash Rookie
Hmm, I just thought it would be a nice surprise that you could throw out. When you land you don't have to follow up, but just a nice extra damage. I was more thinking about SH->Nair(behind the opponent) and if it connects dash away. If you are PSed then more than likely you'll be eating some sort of attack(unless it is slow and can be PSed in response as well.)

I doubt the validation of this movement because of the awfully high risk and minimum reward.

PepsiMista

Smash Apprentice
Agreed, I try it sometimes, but I don't like to rely on it...
I Would also hate it if it was PS'd.

Zero

Smash Hero
If they PS it the sheer distance between you and your opponent should make it safe. The end of nair is soo far away.

PepsiMista

Smash Apprentice
So true... that's why I get scared of abusing it.

Also, I saw a Nair Canceling out a Tornado... did that happen because it was in the beginning of the Tornado? or is there a certain angle?

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Hellu ZSS Boards, you might be seeing me a lot here in the next little while asking questions about your character and how they perform on a certain stage.
Character boards seem to cycle through incomplete MU threads to new ones in hope to update them and finally complete them. This is the R.O.B. Boards attempt at completing a sufficient stage-discussion thread and I'm going to try my best to get accurate and thorough information, but I'll need your help. This will be the only question with an introductory. I just wanted to say hello and let you know that if you guys need info on anything for R.O.B. don't hesitate asking. ^_^

Anywho!

Q: How does ZSS fair off on Delfino Plaza in general and against R.O.B.. Why is it good or bad? What can ZSS abuse and what might possibly annoy you that R.O.B. can do on this stage? On a scale of 1 - 10, what do you see ZSS's chances of doing well on this stage against R.O.B. 1 being the worst for you 10 being the best.

thanks guys =]
<beep3

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I'm having a hard time KO'ing Wario.
I rack up damage nicely, but I can't land a powerful hit when I need to.

Landing Fair/Bair is hard, and my Uair is decayed.
The Whip get's powershielded.

What are the best ways to KO a Wario?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I'm having a hard time KO'ing Wario.
I rack up damage nicely, but I can't land a powerful hit when I need to.

Landing Fair/Bair is hard, and my Uair is decayed.
The Whip get's powershielded.

What are the best ways to KO a Wario?
If you're up a stock, and Wario has no fart, dair always knocks Wario off of his bike. :3
Also, guaranteed Bair/Fair(They can DI the second hit) from grab release.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
The best way to kill Wario is to wait until he does something laggy (many of his good kill moves on ZSS are) and grab release him. I agree that landing a KO move on Wario can be hard. Landing uair on Wario is easy, but it's often stale in that match-up.

Alternatively you can just kill him with usmash at like 200 :p

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I'll work on that, then.

E D I T :
Grabrelease-stuff helped me a lot.
GR -> Bair too good.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
And don't try to grab him unless you're using a pivot grab. For some reason,I never have a problem grabbing other characters, but Luigi tends to avoid the grab half of the time I throw it out, even if he's stunned - unless I use a pivot grab.

Any idea why that is, anyway?

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Yeah, her grab is really bad. I only have a problem when it comes to Luigi though. The grapple goes right through him, even if he's stunned and not moving. lmao.

PepsiMista

Smash Apprentice
Hellu ZSS Boards, you might be seeing me a lot here in the next little while asking questions about your character and how they perform on a certain stage.
Character boards seem to cycle through incomplete MU threads to new ones in hope to update them and finally complete them. This is the R.O.B. Boards attempt at completing a sufficient stage-discussion thread and I'm going to try my best to get accurate and thorough information, but I'll need your help. This will be the only question with an introductory. I just wanted to say hello and let you know that if you guys need info on anything for R.O.B. don't hesitate asking. ^_^

Anywho!

Q: How does ZSS fair off on Delfino Plaza in general and against R.O.B.. Why is it good or bad? What can ZSS abuse and what might possibly annoy you that R.O.B. can do on this stage? On a scale of 1 - 10, what do you see ZSS's chances of doing well on this stage against R.O.B. 1 being the worst for you 10 being the best.

thanks guys =]
<beep3
5 Months Later...

solecalibur

Smash Master
I don't know how to play on delfino :(
#1 Learn how to "temple hop" effectively as it saves your life a lot in this stage

#2 Sharking , Do it but take your time make your opponent BORED OUT OF THERE FREAKEN MIND THEN UAIR THEM (do not mix #1 with #2 you will get gimped a lot >.> )

#3 Learn the spacing on Deilfino's platforms when you Down b (attack) into the tip of the edge and use an aireal afterward (0 lag)

#4 dont like the transformation? then take your time another stage will come soon ! (there are a lot of FD like transformations on this stage)

#5 when someone trys to shark you , you have a couple choices (works on platforms also?)
-Dair right into them
-Dsmash
-roll
-GET THE **** AWAY WERE PRETTY FAST
-Roll Dair (usally away is best)
-Roll Dsmash (usally away is best)
-Dtilt ?

#6 Dont play in the water , It's never worth sacrificing the stock to get a cool dair, down B spike (unless you've practice it and there at high %)

I cp this stage more then I like but its a very good cp if your other stage options seem to have failed you

solecalibur

Smash Master

Anywho!

thanks guys =]
<beep3
Zss vs ROB on delfino umm I'd give it a 60/40 zss (my in ital thought on this MU in general Midwest ROBs are ****ing annoying)

-If you start planking the transformations as long as we keep a safe distance away from ROB we should be able to see the animation of your lazor and gyro to react accordingly (we can easily go off stage and punish with a bair nair etc but I've been gimped to many times waiting for the right chance and just end up getting fair'd)

-ZSS' Rushdown juggle hurts rob in the air and he has to stay on the ground to have any chance of fighting her at all , Note this stage gives us many platforms to juggle you and give you struggles to get back down for your ground game but some stage transformations give a FD outlook and make it more difficult for zss to approach
*note (Nair is easily avoided by "smart zss" Im not one of them but I know many use it as an anti aireal in this MU and its like snake randomly dairing )

-More later? probly not buzy today

Sevic_Hicoro

Smash Rookie
ZSS hover

hey, i was just wondering, how the heck do you hover with zamus?
ive seen it only once, and ill describe what happens if you dont know wtf im talking about
i saw this zamus jump in the air, then "airstall" moving 2 mario lengths sideways in the air. if anyone has like, a responce or answer, please pm rather than reply, because that way i can view it on email, plzkthanks

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
If she gets knocked back at higher percents, you can jump and immediately Dair and she will hover in place (or while moving if knocked back at an angle) for a few seconds. It applies to a few characters, but ZSS and Toon Link are most effective with it.

Uhh, I think the official name for it is "Stall then Fall".

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Yeah you can only do it when you've still got momentum from getting hit vertically. It's pretty cool, it makes you realize dair actually has pretty nice priority

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I think it's because the attack is trying to cancel out the knockback momentum and send her downward - but since she's still maintaining the vertical momentum, so it just holds her in place. It's pretty nice.

You should watch out though, usually for that whole stall-then-fall effect to work, she has to burn her second jump. That can make her landing really predictable if you're not careful. Just make sure you have her flip jump [down+b] ready if you're playing someone smart or they can take advantage of it.

Top Bottom