• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

Magik0722

Smash Champion
tap jump on means you can do some moves directly out of shield, saving a few frames of lag. This doesn't really bother ZSS anyway because her OOS game is ****.
Or you can use the classic controller and have a jump button close to every action you can possibly have

or map L or R on a GCN to jump

solecalibur

Smash Master
What are your options against a D3'd down throw grab mind game and best solutions ???
Cost me a game yesterday =X

Zero

Smash Hero
Don't get grabbed

D3 tech chase sucks, ftilt eats 3/4 options :( Best bet is to probably DI up and away and try to jump out

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
Actually I DI down away and then I mixup the tech (usually I tech away since he can only hit you by throw one of his minions).

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Actually I DI down away and then I mixup the tech (usually I tech away since he can only hit you by throw one of his minions).
If you only do that, he'll just chase after you. If he does that immediately after the throw ends, he will always catch you.

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
If you only do that, he'll just chase after you. If he does that immediately after the throw ends, he will always catch you.
Yeah I know that's why I said that I mixup the tech.
I've only said that 40%-50% of my tech rolls are away.
The best mixup is no mixup :embarrass

Dakpo

Smash Lord
standing straight up with no tech and no attack throws people off for some reason, dont forget add it in every once and a while.

Is it me or is norfair freakin **** for us....i pick it over brinstar. If you disagree plz explain because im just trying to map out a cp and im open to advice

solecalibur

Smash Master
standing straight up with no tech and no attack throws people off for some reason, dont forget add it in every once and a while.

Is it me or is norfair freakin **** for us....i pick it over brinstar. If you disagree plz explain because im just trying to map out a cp and im open to advice
That is why I asked the question , I almost never just plain stand up vs D3'd down throw but I needed a mix up and I ate an Fsmash at 50% and died

Blakmane

Smash Apprentice

Norfair is freakin amazing. I actually think it's out best stage: uair heaven! So annoyed it's banned in my area :-(.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Silly question but I haven't seen it around here.
Was there a general discussion on the ZSS-Falco Match-up?

If not, does anyone have a TL;DR version of the match-up that they could give me. For some odd reason, this match-up is giving me far more trouble than any Meta Knight or Snake I've come across. I'm lacking experience in this match-up, so anything would help. lol

Blakmane

Smash Apprentice
A while ago I think. It's generally agreed that falco is a strong counter to ZSS, and her worst MU. The only things I can really add is that if he camps with lasers, your best option is to crawl under them, and throw away all but one of your suit pieces and play very conservatively with it.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Okay so I am a Snake main that has always had an interest in Zamus. I've always thought she had a lot of untapped potential. I think she may be beneficial because of the lack of Zamus knowledge but I think she'd be a lot of fun. Also she seems to counter my two most dreaded matchups nicely. I need to know from you guys whether you think it's worth it and what kind of road blocks I would face from attempting to use Zamus in a competitive scene?

Zero

Smash Hero
Roadblocks:

Shields
Recovery
Tech Skill - ZSS guaranteed punishes have a tiny tiny frame window with a precise movement (let go of shield, down + A, etc) and to make do without a grab, you have to be extra precise with this.

Personally, I think it's worth it as ZSS is incredibly fun to play and rewarding to win with. But competitively, unless you're amazing, it's probably not worth it.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I think ZSS is definetly worth the time to put into her. Though it will be ALOT of time, but if your not dedicated to her than trying to learn such a hard character than i guess another character would suit you.

ZSS is technical as heck @_@ But yea she is really fun to play with and when you win you feel good because of the time you put into her :3. Competitively I think she is still worth it. =P You just gotta work at her weaknesses a bit.

try her out for a bit and see if you are willing to put alot of time into her to be good with. I'm on like my 3rd or 4th month on using her so I still need alooot more work. Not giving up though xD too much fun im having.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
ZSS is NOT that technical. Peach, Pikachu, and Sonic are all far more technical. =/

ZSS' gimmicks are all technical but they are not usually super applicable in normal gameplay (her chaingrabs, locks, and infinites all tend to be really hard, but those are just gimmicks).

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Yeah I don't really see her as being that technical at all. Dash locks aren't really that hard at all and can kind of be BSed if you mess up, fthrow CG is hard ill give you that. Hardest thing for me was learning to SH uair OOS and not usmash lol. Pivot dtilt OOS is easiest if you use the analog like you were going to downward ftilt, and press down on cstick

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Would you guys say that zss is good on wifi?

I feel like whenever I play as her on wifi it's harder for other people to p-shield her moves.
Idk, fighting a zss online is scary to me, so I started playing her online.

Zero

Smash Hero
Depends on your connection.

I always found that my movements are much less precise on wifi, which leads to much anger and frustration. So I tend to always play random on wifi.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
wifi ZSS = blarg!!!

i dislike her online but still use her. Personally i think she is pretty bad but eh. Just imo =p

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
If you want to improve Zero Suit Samus offline, don't go online.
Serously she is sooooo bad if you play her like offline. Online you can spam Side B and it works.
Its just.. Like sad. Imo one of the chars that changes the most cause of wifi.

solecalibur

Smash Master
If you want to improve Zero Suit Samus offline, don't go online.
Serously she is sooooo bad if you play her like offline. Online you can spam Side B and it works.
Its just.. Like sad. Imo one of the chars that changes the most cause of wifi.
1. play wifi like offline, get rid of your habits
2. you lose to wifi scrub when they do nothing but they spam , dont care you'd **** them offline probly
3. You should only play wifi to get better for offline matches not to have an e-***** with your record
4. If you just spam and play like a wifi *****, jokes on you when you play offline (if you do)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
It seems I tend to DA->Dtilt to mix up the DA buffered attack and DA->Jab.

Is this a good option or am I just getting lucky? I seem to like it cuz it gets them into the air where I love fighting the most <333. (well naturally it is ZSS after all x3)

Does anyone else use DA->Dtilt?

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
It depends on the opponents % when you hit them with the DA.

At low percent: DA isn't safe, you can be hit out of it. You have to hope they don't realize this, and either jab or try and escape the situation (i usually froll but my brother knows this and charges a smash on me for it now lol)

At around 30%: DA starts comboing into things. DA->utilt is best for raw damage, DA->dtilt is better for starting a juggle, DA->jab is amazing if it's against a character who gets comboed by jab since the two moves have the same trajectory and similar kb so they string very well.

At Dash lock percent you can combo into any attack 6 frames or slower, so ftilt becomes an option (though I never use it). Once you have your choice of this many moves it really depends on what you're trying to do. Against spacies I always DA them all the way off the stage, since it puts them at a really bad angle to recover that limits them heavily.

After 60ish % DA no longer combos into things but it still strings well into DA for a while if the opponent doesn't know how to DI it. It also strings very well into dsmash, so you can DA and start charging a dsmash if your opponent tries to dodge out.

Overall DA is my most reliable damage wracker besides uair, as you play more you'll know what options to pick

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
thank you very much for such a detailed answer Nefarious ;D

i'll be sure to remember my options and percentages with DA.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Marth's fair zoning makes him superior to ZSS in the neutral position. As long as he is zoning intelligently and safely with that move, she can't really compete with it and has to attack him reactively. Usually you want to perfect shield and then uair or something.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Marth's fair zoning makes him superior to ZSS in the neutral position. As long as he is zoning intelligently and safely with that move, she can't really compete with it and has to attack him reactively. Usually you want to perfect shield and then uair or something.
Rising fair:
Bair afterwards. Also, perfectly spaced d-smash hits before fair does. :D

Falling fair:
PS > Anything kinda fast. D-tilt is also amazing.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Wait just a minute. To get my facts straight, ZSS' N-air clanks with everything in the game. That includes MK's moveset? Nice. I guess clanking wouldn't hurt, and a swift U-air could turn it in ZSS' favor.

Secondly, flip jumping over Marth as he F-airs could help me get on the other side, yes? Although then he could just as easily B-air. From what I read on the guide (which is truly awesome, SFP, thanks!) the kick following the flip jump has transcending priority (and a disjointed hitbox?) and can, therefore, beat Marth's B-air? Sorry to ask again, but can the flip jump's kick also beat his F-air? Spacing it properly would be a pain, though.

Edit: Link's SH B-air is a great OoS option. ZSS' SH is too high to approach with aerials effectively. Am I doing it wrong?

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Nothing can clank with MK's swords because they have transcendant priority. Nair clanks with normal hitboxes, like MK's glide attack does, which means it gets beat by multihit attacks basically

quirkynature

Smash Ace
I have a vid of my ZSS getting punted about by CPU Marth. I'd like it critiqued but I don't have a vid-capture card. How do we go about this? Do I just post the .bin file up?

Top Bottom