• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
yes they are.

but also, every char auto-PS's the third jab, so doesn't shieldlag/stun drop in that scenario?
Shieldstun is dropped. Shieldhitlag is still around. Of course, the lag is usually less than normal hitlag, which ZSS will still suffer.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Whether or not shieldstun is to be considered rests soley on the reaction time of the opponent.
dude on something like jabbing you have a pretty big jab in order to see whats going to happen, and form a cause of action for all the possible situations, and have plenty of time to react.

TLDR, reaction time isn't an issue in this case unless your opponent is a seaslug.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Is momentum shifting with the >B and B remotely usefull with zss? or is it just somthing id use once in a while?
I really use don't use neutral B ever, but for over B it can be useful if you can space it so the first hit of it connects, very good way to catch people that are hiding in your deadzone.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Hey guys, quick question. Regarding ZSS' up B, when you use it and your opponent gets pulled down, at what point should you input the up B next so that they cannot escape? I'd like to know because double DSmash + up B could lead to some devastating combos.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
In other words, when you use ZSS' up B, is there any specific timing regarding when you do it again to trap them? I realise that this might be a very nooby question, but I haven't been using ZSS for that long...

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
I really use don't use neutral B ever, but for over B it can be useful if you can space it so the first hit of it connects, very good way to catch people that are hiding in your deadzone.
Thanks man iv been trying to find more stuff from maining toon link to use with zero suit its good to find one more thing thats not to do with the armour pieces ^^

SourPuff

Smash Rookie
In a tournament, when asked to pick a main and sub, could I pick Samus as one and not ZSS as the other, but still use Samus's taunt to lose armor and fight as ZSS?

Just wondering if there's a general rule of thumb, I've never really seen anything specific on that in tourney descriptions.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Umm, tournaments shouldn't be limiting you to a certain number of characters. You'd have to ask the specific TO about it.

noradseven

Smash Lord
In a tournament, when asked to pick a main and sub, could I pick Samus as one and not ZSS as the other, but still use Samus's taunt to lose armor and fight as ZSS?

Just wondering if there's a general rule of thumb, I've never really seen anything specific on that in tourney descriptions.
That's a p. ****ty rule there buddy, thats just asking to force people to pick only certain characters.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I asked this question about ivysaur and directed to ask here at the ZSS boards as you probably have seen it before. Is there a way to tether the ledge with ZSS and swing around and land on top of the stage without touching the ledge at all with her body?

Negi Kun1

Smash Cadet
I think I know what you are asking. On some specific stages you can, I think its called tether bouncing, although you don't flip onto the stage, you just kinda use the tether and you teleport there. Sorta situational as it takes a ledge that you can jump through, such as Delfino Plaza or Halberd.

Tesh

Smash Hero
It was smashville actually and it wasn't a teleport. It was a swing. Ivysaur went around in a circle around the ledge. I know they don't have the same tethers but i figure with 2 tethers you guys might have seen it before. I was pretty far from the ledge AND under the stage, didn't even think I could grab it, But I am certain it swung all the way around the ledge past my opponents.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Ya there's a thread on tether bouncing a couple down but that only works on stages that you can pass through on the bottom.

Maybe it can be done, like stage scarring through some fields? I doubt it though

noradseven

Smash Lord
Ya there's a thread on tether bouncing a couple down but that only works on stages that you can pass through on the bottom.

Maybe it can be done, like stage scarring through some fields? I doubt it though
I think you meant to say tether phasing, I will get this name to stick gahhh.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Isn't ledge scarring the freaky teleport thing? This was a complete motion, sort of how when you tether from the side, you swing to a straight downward hang, except this one swung all the way around with the vines attached until ivy landed on the stage.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Around the ledge. I was under the stage, to the right of the left ledge. I tethered and it swung around in a circle putting me on top of the stage near the ledge in a neutral standing position.

Hence

Smash Ace
Falco's Phantasm and Reflector, certainly.

Possibly the remnants of D3 and Falco's F-Smash as well.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Do any non-projectile attacks outrange ZSS's Side-B?
Quite a few moves outrange it right before it launches because it extends your hitbox till about the edge of your gun.

The main problem is still people slipping inside its deadzone and hitting you after the move though.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Around the ledge. I was under the stage, to the right of the left ledge. I tethered and it swung around in a circle putting me on top of the stage near the ledge in a neutral standing position.
So you're saying that you tether the left ledge from under the stage, but instead of phasing through the stage floor (Clockwise, aka Tether bouncing/phasing), you swing alllll the way around on your tether (counter-clockwise) and onto the stage, and then land, standing? o_O

lololololololololololol

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Yeah that's sounding like their was either some missunderstanding or you accidentally buffered a getup or something. I will check it out though, can you easily replicate it?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Actually we all did stop and lol when it happened during the match. I think threesided gets its. I never tried it again though. There was no getup though, I swung around and wound up somewhere between where i would be from a ledge roll and a ledge attack. But yea Threesided, I swung all the way around in a fluid animation that wasn't apparently something else or a teleport. I didn't press A at all, I was hoping to tether hog everyone when I realised I grabbed the ledge, I was attached to the ledge until I landed similar to what happens on green greens.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I know what you're talking about. Mostly it's a product of Ivysaur's tether also giving him the mid-air boost. Olimar gets the boost, too, and he can use to get up onto the stage with no lag. NC-Echo does this occasionally.

I don't think you can really do it all that much with ZSS. If you can, it's really tough. It's not like tether phasing. It's something different.

Edit: well, it's a similar reasoning behind tether phasing, but that has you "swinging" the other direction.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Because Ivy can tether from above almost directly above the ledge and green greens having maybe the only ledge that is sometimes below floor level., you can tether it and sometimes ivy gets stuck trying to land on the yellow blocks/bombs. I assume olimar can't do it because his tether has that useful hitbox that hits people then grabs the ledge, haha glad ivy doesn't have that (*sigh*).

Thanks ph00tbag, how exactly do I do this then? Is there a guide, I would personally love to swing around and usmash some edgeguarders next time. It only happened below the stage, do I have to be there? Is it a combination of Ivy being pushed upwards and to the left causing him to swing around with enough momentum to land on the stage? Should I try to ask Nc-Echo or the olimar board instead?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Because Ivy can tether from above almost directly above the ledge and green greens having maybe the only ledge that is sometimes below floor level., you can tether it and sometimes ivy gets stuck trying to land on the yellow blocks/bombs. I assume olimar can't do it because his tether has that useful hitbox that hits people then grabs the ledge, haha glad ivy doesn't have that (*sigh*).

Thanks ph00tbag, how exactly do I do this then? Is there a guide, I would personally love to swing around and usmash some edgeguarders next time. It only happened below the stage, do I have to be there? Is it a combination of Ivy being pushed upwards and to the left causing him to swing around with enough momentum to land on the stage? Should I try to ask Nc-Echo or the olimar board instead?
I don't know about guides. It's pretty much a timing and experience kinda thing; you just need to know when and where you can use the tether to achieve the effect. After that, it's just practice.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Hey guys, how well does Sheik, Zelda, or Marth help ZZS in doubles?
ZSS is pretty much top tier in doubles along with MK, and G&W, and as far as I have seen Sheik works well, zelda seems to be helpful but not so much and marth is alright, as well none of them terribly bad grouping but none of them good, ZSS works well with pretty much anyone, I know me and a diddy really tore up some tourney players once, even though diddy is considered a bad team player.

ZSS+G&W is probably the best doubles team on the market right now, if your are looking for a win.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Zelda is spectacular in teams actually, and would go great with ZSS IMO. Sheik on the other hand, would give you a quick combo racking team, but as a team they are lacking in KO power (but they're my two fav chars and still feels awesome as a team ^_^).

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
ZSS+G&W is probably the best doubles team on the market right now, if your are looking for a win.
ZSS+G&W
Snake+MK
MK+MK
G&W+MK
ZSS+MK

Those are pretty much the top five teams. I wouldn't put any one particular team above the others. If you notice a pattern, there's probably a reason.

Top Bottom