• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

sasook

Smash Champion
does she have a spike and if so, the Dair, which i find to be a suicide button. where do i use it?
She has 3 spikes. The first few frames of the flipkick (downb) spike, a certain hitbox in the upb spikes, and the dair spikes too.

The only use for dair is when you're in the hoop on the top of the screen and need to get down quickly, you won't have as much landing lag.

I have a question of my own:

Sideb - plasma whip right?
UpB - plasma wire right?
Usmash - ???

Hence

Smash Ace
She has 3 spikes. The first few frames of the flipkick (downb) spike, a certain hitbox in the upb spikes, and the dair spikes too.

The only use for dair is when you're in the hoop on the top of the screen and need to get down quickly, you won't have as much landing lag.

I have a question of my own:

Sideb - plasma whip right?
UpB - plasma wire right?
Usmash - ???
U-Smash = U-Smash

Snakeee

Smash Master

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I saw this on the Fox boards, just curious if anyone thinks this would be good for ZSS. In theory this double jab cancel should work for us only be even better since our jab is faster. Check it out:

Double Jab Cancelling (DJC) (Created by 718_R00kie)
DJC'ing has been a big step to re-create what fox is about and push the limits of what he can do. It's fast and not as difficult to do. You can make alot of mix-ups with DJC'ing, such as DJC>Grab...DJC>Shine...even DJC>AAA. But just find the right characters and you can even pull off DJC>DJC>DJC>DJC>DJC, and when this connects it looks so so pretty. Keep in mind this tech is not based on hit stun, knockback or percents. It works on those characters that have no option to use to get out of it. (Example: DDD cannot get out of it BUT Marth can UP-B out of it.)
Originally from this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=231749

noradseven

Smash Lord
I saw this on the Fox boards, just curious if anyone thinks this would be good for ZSS. In theory this double jab cancel should work for us only be even better since our jab is faster. Check it out:

Originally from this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=231749
Old news buddy and it works but its not that amazing or anything ph00tbag likes it though, he will know more about it than me.

it doesn't combo unless the opponent is in the air if that is what you are asking.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Old news buddy and it works but its not that amazing or anything ph00tbag likes it though, he will know more about it than me.

it doesn't combo unless the opponent is in the air if that is what you are asking.
I don't really do double jab canceling. If I do a second jab, there's no question I'll do the third, it's just a question of when. Jab two has worse IASA frames than jab 1, and jab 1's IASA are pretty bad to begin with. Generally, the fastest follow-up to either is the next jab. Which is pretty sad.

sasook

Smash Champion
IASA = instant as soon as, I'm pretty sure. Like spec said, they just show how hard/easy it is to buffer a move.

Hence

Smash Ace
Hence I love that avy where did you find it? Link me to the full pic plzz
Deviant Art, the same website you found your avatar.

Luckily it was still in my browser history. I didn't feel like looking through 30+ pages of Samus artwork again. :urg:
http://voodoodollmaster.deviantart.com/art/Samus-and-a-little-book-117011011

Edit: I feel like such a dork, Snakeee. My sudden realization that Phoenix Era /=/ Imperial Era is quite saddening tbh. I've referenced your crew as Imperial Era once in your own thread and another time to one of your crewmates. :(
I'm very sorry!

Snakeee

Smash Master
Deviant Art, the same website you found your avatar.

Luckily it was still in my browser history. I didn't feel like looking through 30+ pages of Samus artwork again. :urg:
http://voodoodollmaster.deviantart.com/art/Samus-and-a-little-book-117011011

Edit: I feel like such a dork, Snakeee. My sudden realization that Phoenix Era /=/ Imperial Era is quite saddening tbh. I've referenced your crew as Imperial Era once in your own thread and another time to one of your crewmates. :(
I'm very sorry!
Thanks for the link, and don't worry about it lol. For the record, Phoenix Era is disbanded now too. I'm going to join a different crew shortly.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Heh how is it hentai?
The last one's cute, and the one with Snake is pretty funny bc Samus is eating a sauteed Metroid and Snake is eating....a Snake I believe :laugh:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Sigh, how do you use ZSSs Paralyzer (Neutral B)? It seems that people don't get the intentions of those topics. I meant each specific person, so if everyone could answer as to how they use it, then that'd be cool.

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
Sigh, how do you use ZSSs Paralyzer (Neutral B)? It seems that people don't get the intentions of those topics. I meant each specific person, so if everyone could answer as to how they use it, then that'd be cool.
I aim were I want to shoot it, then I push B. use it as a pressuring move. try it while SHing, dont just stand still and use it then grab.

And that picture Hence posted DOES look somewhat suggestive...idk why.

Zero

Smash Hero
Use it for zoning, for mixups and to interrupt the enemy. You can change the entire momentum with one landed neutral B. Wavebouncing neutral B is fantastic when it catches your enemy by surprise, you're almost always close enough to put them in the air and have your way with them.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I try to mix up charging it, and not. Even at close range sometimes people will expect you to let go of it, and end up getting hit by the fully charged shot. (don't do this too often though)

Hence

Smash Ace
It's because she's holding a Metroid, which "sucks" life force, near her nether reigons.
Don't worry, the Metroid was sauteed and seasoned by the finest chefs in (* uhh...?).
That's right, she didn't eat. Which means that the Metroid can do no such sucking!
All sexual refrences pertaining to the cute picture I posted are now irrelevant.
The only question left to ask ourselves is why Samus didn't finish her meal.
Eating disorder? :(
Too busy staring into the eyes of Snake? :(
Something else on her mind? :confused:
* Thinking about where Snake and Samus are 'enjoying' their date.

Zero

Smash Hero
She took it home in a doggy bag to bring to her pet dog (what else eats Metroids?) and she sat down to give it to him in that position but lost balance and is trying to recover. Of course.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
She took it home in a doggy bag to bring to her pet dog (what else eats Metroids?) and she sat down to give it to him in that position but lost balance and is trying to recover. Of course.
Lmfao.

So I was wondering, I have this weird way of doing downB spikes that I suddenly started doing, don't know how...

When I paralyze my opponents near the ledge, obviously a good idea would be to time a downB and smack em with a flipkick so they spike to their doom. However, I always thought of the timing to be quite... difficult for me. SO, instead of waiting it out and possibly missing the spike, I started doing this:

So, I just dsmashed my opponent while they were offstage, and now they're helpless, but I suck at timing. As soon as I am able to move, I run offstage and fall a bit away from the stage. Then, I immediately downB towards the edge, and once my opponent is near my legs, I kick in his direction, sending him at overwhelming speeds down to his doom... Saves me the trouble of recovering if I miss, and once I do the downB kick, less than a second later (with no jumping, upB'ing, or anything), I find myself standing on the stage, safe and sound, as if nothing ever happened, and my opponent is now 1 stock lower than before. THE COOL THING IS THAT i can even do it when they're at disgustingly low %s, which is usually followed by me edgehogging them... (TAKE THAT FALCO AND YOUR UGLY RECOVERY!) ;D

So, just wondering... But is this widely known?

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
Lmfao.

So I was wondering, I have this weird way of doing downB spikes that I suddenly started doing, don't know how...

When I paralyze my opponents near the ledge, obviously a good idea would be to time a downB and smack em with a flipkick so they spike to their doom. However, I always thought of the timing to be quite... difficult for me. SO, instead of waiting it out and possibly missing the spike, I started doing this:

So, I just dsmashed my opponent while they were offstage, and now they're helpless, but I suck at timing. As soon as I am able to move, I run offstage and fall a bit away from the stage. Then, I immediately downB towards the edge, and once my opponent is near my legs, I kick in his direction, sending him at overwhelming speeds down to his doom... Saves me the trouble of recovering if I miss, and once I do the downB kick, less than a second later (with no jumping, upB'ing, or anything), I find myself standing on the stage, safe and sound, as if nothing ever happened, and my opponent is now 1 stock lower than before. THE COOL THING IS THAT i can even do it when they're at disgustingly low %s, which is usually followed by me edgehogging them... (TAKE THAT FALCO AND YOUR UGLY RECOVERY!) ;D

So, just wondering... But is this widely known?
Which way does your opponent DI after leaving stun?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Which way does your opponent DI after leaving stun?
if you do it fast enough, you flipkick him before he leaves stun. Plus he's visibly offstage, so even if he DId towards the stage, he would still flal through.

I think I have a couple of replays of it around... Lemme record one and post it on youtube just so you can see what I mean. And if i don't have a replay, I'll make one! It's easy to do anyway. :D

sasook

Smash Champion
Faded talked about that a while back. Lemme get it.

EDIT:

Okay, so we all know that using d-smash for edgeguarding is sick, especially characters that can't sweetspot the edge or have a slow horizontal approach to the edge, (Wario, Luigi, DK, Peach, MK, etc etc). The question is, wtf do you do once they're stunned. I've debated in my head about this for ages, trying tons of different things. Here's what I've come up with:

Down-B Spike

This is obviously the most popular choice. However, there are very few situations where this is actually guaranteed if you down-b from the stage. If you stunned the character under the stage, there's little to no chance that they'll pop up high enough for you to down-b spike them. Also, at low percentages characters get out of the stun very fast, meaning you probably won't have finished your arc by the time they get out.

To compensate for this, what I've started doing is a drop-off down-b. I run off the edge, DI back into the stage while holding down (to avoid grabbing the ledge) and THEN I down-b. This is a lot easier to aim and the kick will usually hit them directly out of the stun, making it much less avoidable at any percent (even with DI). The drawback to this of course is that you will finish the kick very low and won't be able to recover to the edge without using a tether. If you miss the kick (which shouldn't happen because it's much easier to land) then you are pretty much screwed. They'll probably edgehog on accident just by getting to the edge first.​
But, the second part of his second paragraph doesn't state he lands back on the stage safe and sound.

Top Bottom