• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

noradseven

Smash Lord
Do you play SFIV? Which console? I'm still waiting on Snakeee because I really want to play him haha.
360 this semester but most of the tournies run PS3 so Ill be picking up a PS3 stick this summer, or maybe just fixing up my old one and getting a converter I am not sure, it would be about $40 either way.

Also 90% chance Snakeee mains a chick, probably C. Viper with either Sakura or Cammy as an alt and Rose as #3. Assuming he plays SFIV of course.

Snakeee

Smash Master
360 this semester but most of the tournies run PS3 so Ill be picking up a PS3 stick this summer, or maybe just fixing up my old one and getting a converter I am not sure, it would be about $40 either way.

Also 90% chance Snakeee mains a chick, probably C. Viper with either Sakura or Cammy as an alt and Rose as #3. Assuming he plays SFIV of course.
No, the women in that game are far too manly for me to use

Cia

das kwl
^ i play cammy and ONLY cammy.

snakeee - you MUST main cammy.

she's 'apparently' a terrible character, but i get an obscene amount of wins anyway

:colorful:

also, now that i think about it, there should be a ZSS texture hack of Ivy. (from soul calibur)

Snakeee

Smash Master
I actually use Ken but I don't play the game at all really....I don't think I even unlocked anyone yet lol

yes I don't mean "everyone" I mean "anyone"

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
Cammy is a terrible character design, put some god**** pants on you military unitard wearing freak.

talk about fan service.. ):

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Cammy is just like Ivy in the Soul Calibur series. Anyone else noticed how Ivy's chest grew with every game?

Hence

Smash Ace
I'm beginning extensive research into ZSS' moveset again today.

The ZSS boards should have a Xat or IRC Chat, as our forums are kind of dead.
Does anyone agree?

Possible Response:
"But, but, but...! Wouldn't having an IRC Chat further hinder posting on our forum?"
STFU.

Practically every character specific board I've belonged to has had an IRC Chat except ZSS. ):
Zelda/Shiek and Jigglypuff, with the Jigglypuff Xat being extra awesome.

Sooo...? :p

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
I already have #ZSS registered on irc.globalgamers.net, nobody uses it though.

Edit: I'm sitting here waiting for people to join.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Here is how I currently see the IRC channel building up mentally:

Owner: DeliciousCake
Op: Snakeee, Dazwa
Half-op: ph00tbag, FadedImage, Adapt

So, hopefully those people will join us at some point.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'd love to be part of some ZSS chat, just tell me what to do/where to go.
If you have mIRC, just type /server -m irc.globalgamers.net, and hit return, then /join #ZSS. It might help if you register your nick with globalgamers.

You can use other clients for this, though. I'm using Pidgin, for example.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Anyone notice how, if you're knocked upwards in any stage and end up out of the camera (hoop), you can dair and reach the floor a buttload of times faster than normal, and land with 0 (ZERO) lag?

I use this in any stage I get knocked up from. Instead of returning downwards by airdodging, mindgaming, or aiming for the ledges, I just dair back to the stage and land with 0 lag, making it possible for me to do anything at all once I land, including utilts, spotdodges, whatever I desire... So I use it, drag my opponent down with me since he'll be following me trying to uair me, ten utilt to get THEM on top of ME.

I dunno, I found myself doing this a lot in a tourney I went to yesterday (ended up 3rd with Kirby and ZSS, in order of usage), and it helped me out a lot more than I thought it would. Just wondering if anyone else has considered doing this, thought of finding a similar use for dair, or found any downsides with doing this. Thanks!

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to point out... An easy stage to do this in is in FD, since there are no platforms to get in between the distance needed to land without lag after a dair... But I've done it in many different stages, including Battlefield. And thanks Cake, I just used the "magnified finish" term from smash64.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Just for the record, the technical term for it the "magnifying glass" is "hoop." The damage you take while off the stage is referred to as "hoop damage."

Mr.Ious

Smash Cadet
Not sure it's worth a new thread, but the Toon Link boards have found it's possible to catch + instantly throw their bombs by doing an air-dodge catch followed direction+A (or just C-stick) a few frames later. This gives them the ability to short hop double bomb (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=231339) and ZSS can do the same with the suit pieces.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Anyone notice how, if you're knocked upwards in any stage and end up out of the camera (hoop), you can dair and reach the floor a buttload of times faster than normal, and land with 0 (ZERO) lag?
More like 4 frames of lag, as opposed to 14.

There may be one or two frames where you can autocancel dair, but they're really hard to get at. You'll more likely get a no-hitbox dair.

Kaitou Ace

Smash Apprentice
What's the best way to approach Lucas? His nair is really fast and leaves me with no room to retaliate ;_; Then I get fair'd and I can't space with Side+B because PK Fire is faster :( Halp

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Not sure it's worth a new thread, but the Toon Link boards have found it's possible to catch + instantly throw their bombs by doing an air-dodge catch followed direction+A (or just C-stick) a few frames later. This gives them the ability to short hop double bomb (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=231339) and ZSS can do the same with the suit pieces.
It looks cool. Do you think there would be enough hitstun to hit a person with two pieces in a row?

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
ADHD was telling me about this, thanks for the link.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Tap Jumping.

Do you keep it on or off? Why or why not?

I'm used to playing with it off, and really fail at utilt sometimes when it's on. But I would like the extended second jump and easier rising uairs. Thoughts?

sasook

Smash Champion
Off so that if I want to upb for whatever reason (maybe chasing an opponent upwards), I don't waste my jump.

As for your question about boost jumping and rising uairs, I can still do that with it off. Just use the A button for the uairs instead of the C-stick, so you can slide your thumb from X/Y to A pretty easily.

For the boost jump....hmm.......I guess I just have fast fingers. :laugh:

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I know that list has aerials, but has anyone tested if we can tipper side b the air release characters? I just have this image of chaingrabbing MK across the stage pummeling to finishing with a (now fresh) side b at the end of the stage for a low % kill.

I'll do some testing later.

Hence

Smash Ace
I know that list has aerials, but has anyone tested if we can tipper side b the air release characters? I just have this image of chaingrabbing MK across the stage pummeling to finishing with a (now fresh) side b at the end of the stage for a low % kill.

No.

The Startup time on Plasma Whip is rediculous compared to the timeframe you have to imput an aerial.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
But you also have to move to do an aerial, side b is just short hop then input.

I have a feeling it's too long as well, but it doesn't take long to check, I'm just finishing some HW atm.

Mr.Ious

Smash Cadet
It looks cool. Do you think there would be enough hitstun to hit a person with two pieces in a row?
In theory (read: in my head), you should be able to short hop double toss -> fast fall + airdodge pickup third piece -> glide toss
...but the long set up time for the double toss means it will probably only work on opponents who don't like moving much...

Might be more practical to throw out one piece at the start, then set up the double toss. I'll try messing around with this in some matches later and see if there's anything decent we can make of it.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657

You can probably do it to Squirtle.

Top Bottom