• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Tournament Placers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
The Peach board just made a thread called the Peach PR list which shows which Peach players have placed well in tournaments and ranks them.

I thought this would be a good idea for Zelda as well. This way people can be super extra motivated to get out there and enter some tournaments and if they are having a hard time at tournaments specifically then they can know who talk to...

I am incredibly lazy and would not like doing this.... but someone else should.

Any other ideas?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
*makes note to self to attend tourneys more often so I can start making this list instead of barely missing it :laugh:*

So the best of the best Zeldas...

Ryoko Yaksa
NinjaLink
Darkmusician

at least that's what I hear. Anyone got numbers to back those up?

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I have my numbers... but thats it.... I was hoping this would get someone to start a real thread with real rankings. And since you were the first to reply... YOUR IT!!! *runs and hides*

Once you start the new thread you could always just ask them if they have the details from any of the tournaments they were in...

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
You know what? If I get into the smash back room I will do this myself! *wink* *wink* to any of them reading this... like I have even the smallest chance though lol...

So someone step it up!

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I have a few placings that I also have on the Sheik boards but I used Zelda evenly.
Placings nonetheless, even though they were Play N Trade tournaments. there was definitely tip-top competition lol.

Bandit

Smash Lord
I am trying to create a list of tournament Zeldas out there (not Wi-Fi players or people who only play in friendlies). I know a bunch of the names who talk in these boards, but I didn't find a decent amount of those names in the tournament results threads (I searched "Zelda" so if your name did not have a character name next to it, then I didn't find it.)

If you are a tournament player and you are not included in the following list or know someone who isn't listed here, then let me know. The list is in no order.

DarkMusician
Ankoku
Ninjalink
Nakayorz (Naks) (Casual now?)
Aeyrwullf (Aeyr)
RyokoYaksa
Mocha
Rion
Red Bandit
Popsofctown
dmtmanga
Riot (God At Hand)
Slyfer
TestRider
Epic
S2
sniperworm
ScaryLB59
SwastikaPyle

Tournament Players to be:
goodkid
Villi
radarr
Kataefi
Tsuteto
Lord Yawgmoth
Marsulas

This list can also be found in the new Video Thread started by Marsulas.

Edit 1: I took your real name off Mocha. Thanks for the notice.
Edit 2: I added tournament players to be for people looking to get into the scene.
Edit 3: Added several names that came up.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
DarkMusician
Ankoku
Ninjalink
Nakayorz (Naks)
Aeyrwullf (Aeyr)
RyokoYaksa

Mocha

Rion
Red Bandit
Popsofctown
dmtmanga
Riot (God At Hand)

Vaughn

Slyfer
TestRider
Epic
Yeah both of the names in bold are mine. People in my area don't know what to call me. I prefer to be called Mocha though. Vaughn is my real name.

Thank you for putting me in, though. Even if it is more than one name. =D

goodkid

Smash Lord
You can put me up there, I haven't been to a tourney yet though, so if its only for tournament placers, then I can wait.

We really need some more action in this forum though, if we had some more enthusiasm, Zelda would defiantly improve.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Yeah both of the names in bold are mine. People in my area don't know what to call me. I prefer to be called Mocha though. Vaughn is my real name.

Thank you for putting me in, though. Even if it is more than one name. =D
Thank you! I saw Vaughn and how he had placed very high in a few tourneys and wondered where he went (in disguise as Mocha). Glad to hear from you though!

Actually, a similar situation with me happened. I initially came in under the name PWubbs (a joke that carried over from my friends around here) and switched to Bandit, but I have people calling me PWubbs still. Oh well, I just respond to all of them.

@ Good Kid

You should definitely get into some tournaments; you improve immensely getting to play a ton of people who are very good. I will keep an eye out for you though.

I am attempting to get some energy going in these boards. I am attempting now to relaunch the video thread with one of my own. My friend JCaesar runs the one on the ROB boards and it has become their most posted in thread. I can't say that it will cause the same, but without a video thread, it is difficult to improve the metagame of a character.

Radarr

Smash Rookie
Find me some tournaments in MA and I'll go place for ya. :p
OK, maybe not immediately. But find me tourneys and I'll be able to get some real practice in.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Find me some tournaments in MA and I'll go place for ya. :p
OK, maybe not immediately. But find me tourneys and I'll be able to get some real practice in.
You should talk to Riot (known on here as God at Hand) about the tourneys and possibly a ride. I really don't know where you are from but there seems to be some buzz in the area of western Mass. They are shooting for a brawl tourney there in January called Super Mass Bros.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=200070&highlight=mass

Here is the Massachusetts player finder too.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=155175&highlight=mass

Talk to these guys about a possible ride or people in your area to play smash. I hope to see you in the tourneys soon!

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Add me to the tournament player-to-be list.
I've played many local tournaments, but I'm planning to take Zelda (and others) to some larger UK or European ones soon. We'll see how that fares ^^

sniperworm

Smash Ace
I don't know if you could call me a "tournament placer" but I do go to tournaments. Of course, I live in Hawaii so there aren't many I can go to (you know with that ocean in between us and the rest of the world).

The best I've done so far was a tie for 5th at SBHM 6 this past weekend (it's the Hawaii monthly tournament we use for our power rankings). Heh, I got knocked out of brackets by DarkMusician, I can never seem to beat him (DM is too good).

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Mass usually has some tournaments to go to, but it appears that at this exact moment they have fallen incredibly behind. the only one I know of is MASS MADNESS 13 or whatever number, but its actually melee only tournament. If you want to go though you should. There will be quite a few Brawl players there with set-ups, including myself, Ace, Nuro was there last time, and whoever the hell else I bring.

Take some initiative, hold one yourself! invite me too!

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
The best I've done so far was a tie for 5th at SBHM 6 this past weekend (it's the Hawaii monthly tournament we use for our power rankings). Heh, I got knocked out of brackets by DarkMusician, I can never seem to beat him (DM is too good).
Do you do Zelda dittos? Those are never fun... they actually kinda suck!

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Ouu, this will be interesting.

Many won't remember me, but I played Zelda. Can't play right now (mission right now: it's a church thing), and this seems like quite the awesome thing to be going on. The only other person I can think of not on that list is S2, but really, I've been under a rock for 6 months, so I don't know who's active still and what not.

Here's the real question: How are you going to determine where one person is placed? Because, honestly, you can't. Someone might rank first all the time in their hometown, while another person might rank 3rd or so, but the competition can be much higher where that 3rd ranking person is at.

Maybe do a divided list like is in the Regional Zones boards?

Yeesh, someone should make a site for Zelda players. If there isn't one when I get back, I should do that. Yarghable.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
My goal for this was mostly to get some friendly and inspirational competition going on in the Zelda boards. I figured that since most people think the Character Rankings list is important that this would be a good way to get Zelda's ranking up. And this way we could keep documentation of peoples wins and accomplishments.

the Rankings list for Zelda definitely does not include all my tournament rankings and now I cant seem to find the threads... (secret personal reason)

Lord Yawgmoth

Smash Apprentice
This is too true. Always has been.

Also, Riot, you live really far away from me,
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Lee&1s=MA&1z=01238&2c=Lawrence&2s=MA
I am West West Mass.

around here, there really are no tournies. The closest one is going to be in Ludlow, and that is like an hour from me, and people out east are complaining its too far away for them.

^.^ although I do hope it happens and people go!

Also I hosted a tournament at my College, MCLA, Only 11 people showed up, lucky for me the people who did where rather competitive. The kid who won ended up going to another 'tournament' there, and he said it was pretty much a joke and that the people didn't really have the concepts of the game down yet.... so not much hope there.

I want to host another tourny, but it is hard to get them to let me do cash prizes, and without them there is less competitive drive.

Bandit

Smash Lord
I don't know if you could call me a "tournament placer" but I do go to tournaments. Of course, I live in Hawaii so there aren't many I can go to (you know with that ocean in between us and the rest of the world).

As far as my list is concerned, I am just looking for anyone who goes to tourneys and plays Zelda in tournament. I just noticed a bunch of people that were talking on the boards were not showing up in the tournament results threads. Honestly, I must've missed you.

@Everyone else

Thanks for the updates and keep them coming. The more Zeldas we find that are out there playing in tournies or soon to be playing will only help us in pushing her game to the furthest it can go.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
Well, DM likes Zelda dittos and it's not like I've got any other character to use except Sheik (which is technically the same character). Plus it's fun to play against him with Zelda, I learn a lot that I get to use on any other Zeldas I run into.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I hate ditto fights in general, but I'd say that MK, Zelda, Peach, ICs and Jiggs dittos are the WORST!

Bandit

Smash Lord
Zelda dittos are plain awful. If I run into another Zelda in tourney, I would probably switch to G&W which happens to be my secondary. I hate dittos in general (except ROB dittos which just are entertaining to watch and be a part of).

Fortunately for me, I am THE Zelda in my region.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
I'd have to say I went casual as well. I gave up competitive play a long time ago. The last tourney I entered was HOBO12 and that was when I hadn't entered in one in about 2 months. I did pretty well too.

It's fun to still check around here though and see how my fellow Zeldas are doing and I still play for fun. I enter a tourney every now and then just for kicks, but not really to win.

I'm not really a big fan of dittos myself. I'm the only Zelda MAIN here in Louisiana. Slyfer plays Zelda too, but he's a Lucario main. I got used to the matchup after a while, but it's still silly. I still hate Marth dittos more.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Well, DM likes Zelda dittos and it's not like I've got any other character to use except Sheik (which is technically the same character). Plus it's fun to play against him with Zelda, I learn a lot that I get to use on any other Zeldas I run into.
I love Zelda dittos. I feel really comfortable with the match up. ^_^

SBHM6 was a nice deep run for me. I haven't finished in the top 4 since SBHM3 when I got owned by Convael in the grand finals. I can't wait to start planning my traveling to the mainland again.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I liked Zelda dittos when I did play. They had their own value to it. And their own techs to use. Heck, it's when I really started my FW game ^^

*sigh* 1 1/2 more years before I get back into the tournament scene....

LadyLegion

Smash Ace
YAY! Im going to gigs and will try to get as high as I can!! Im really good from what people say and have rarely lost. I really hope I do well. First time im joining singles.

My friend Kyon and I almost beat Seibrik and Afro..took'em to third game! We were so close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom