• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Zelda Q & A / FAQs / Directory ~

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sorry I'm late, I was out.

Ankoku and SP both use Zelda IIRC and are in the SBR.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
Sorry I'm late, I was out.

Ankoku and SP both use Zelda IIRC and are in the SBR.
I thought Ankoku mains Sheik and I had no idea that SamuraiPanda used Zelda.

Hey wait a minute, Hylian forgot to answer Microbe's question!

Why is there not an additional "Zelda+Sheik" entry on the tier list?
(in case anyone is wondering, I read somewhere that Hylian is more likely to come if his name is in green, hence why his name is green in all my posts)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The sbr just didn't want a Zelda/Shiek entry.

It's as simple as that.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
It begs the question "why not", but fair enough, because nothing will change in the immediate future.

EDIT: And as far as I know, SP just *plays* Zelda, right? Ankoku is also more like a Sheik main + Zelda add-on last time I checked. Did Ryoko say anything this time around?

MrEh

Smash Hero
I'm just curious why the SBR doesn't have a Zelda main in it.

I know that Ankoku and Samurai Panda are good players, but if this and this is the kind of Zelda "usage" that you see in the SBR, then I think something's a bit iffy.

No offense to Samurai Panda. I know his Snake effing good, but his Zelda is not. If Ankoku and SP are the Zelda authority in the SBR, the SBR's opinion about Zelda is bound to be a little skewed, especially since they seem to be the only ones that have any "experience" in using her. And they don't even main her, or use her in tournaments.

I dunno, but it seems that the SBR needs an actual Zelda main in the SBR. I'm just a little confused, that's all. :/

Microbe

Smash Rookie

I know that Ankoku and Samurai Panda are good players, but if this and this is the kind of Zelda "usage" that you see in the SBR, then I think something's a bit iffy.

No offense to Samurai Panda. I know his Snake effing good, but his Zelda is not. If Ankoku and SP are the Zelda authority in the SBR, the SBR's opinion about Zelda is bound to be a little skewed, especially since they seem to be the only ones that have any "experience" in using her. And they don't even main her, or use her in tournaments.

I dunno, but it seems that the SBR needs an actual Zelda main in the SBR. I'm just a little confused, that's all. :/
You make completely valid points. We need our best Zelda in there.
I agree with all of the above! DM for president SBR!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
A couple things....

I personally would've liked a Zelda/Sheik entry, but it was my understanding that nobody actually played Zelda transforming to Sheik, and Sheik players are so rare to begin with that another entry factoring in Transform would be a little superfluous. Ryoko has essentially quit tournaments, and it's been a long time since he last posted in the SBR.

While I'm no good with Zelda, I've been getting the opportunity to play with Mikey Lenetia's Zelda lately. She does have the potential to pull off stupidly good things, but her limitations as a character upset me.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
A couple things....

I personally would've liked a Zelda/Sheik entry, but it was my understanding that nobody actually played Zelda transforming to Sheik, and Sheik players are so rare to begin with that another entry factoring in Transform would be a little superfluous. Ryoko has essentially quit tournaments, and it's been a long time since he last posted in the SBR.

While I'm no good with Zelda, I've been getting the opportunity to play with Mikey Lenetia's Zelda lately. She does have the potential to pull off stupidly good things, but her limitations as a character upset me.
I think those limitations just further prove how much Zelda needs sheik, not just that sheik needs zelda for her KO power.

it's a great help to have the other around and I don't see WHY you wouldn't use both.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord

MrEh defending Zelda instead of telling everyone how bad she is? What kind of evil villainy is this?

Seriously though, I agree with this.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
it's a great help to have the other around and I don't see WHY you wouldn't use both.
I don't use Sheik. Likewise, I'm sure there are many Sheiks who don't use Zelda.

It's a personal choice. If everyone was playing simply for the win, we'd all be using MK/Snake (well, more of us than the fifty billion people who already do).

Imo, they need to be considered separately as well as together, because your options in all three situations (Sheik only, Zelda only, Zelda/Sheik) are completely different.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I don't use Sheik. Likewise, I'm sure there are many Sheiks who don't use Zelda.

It's a personal choice. If everyone was playing simply for the win, we'd all be using MK/Snake (well, more of us than the fifty billion people who already do).

Imo, they need to be considered separately as well as together, because your options in all three situations (Sheik only, Zelda only, Zelda/Sheik) are completely different.
I'm not a fan of that logic because MK and snake aren't connected by down+B.

it's more like playing MK and deciding that you hate half of his moveset and so swearing not to use it. Which is a decision you're allowed to make, but it's obviously gonna gimp you.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'm not a fan of that logic because MK and snake aren't connected by down+B.

it's more like playing MK and deciding that you hate half of his moveset and so swearing not to use it. Which is a decision you're allowed to make, but it's obviously gonna gimp you.
Yeah, but Zelda and Sheik are completely different characters with completely different movesets that can be used on their own. They're only connected by down b.

I would say the same about Pokemon Trainer if it wasn't for the whole fatigue thing.

But whatever, regardless of your bias, people do play Zelda only and Sheik only. It's pretty common, actually, so I stand by my opinion that the tier list should have entries for Zelda, Sheik, and Zelda/Sheik.

But I'm not in the SBR, and neither are you, so I guess that's the end of that. :)

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
But whatever, regardless of your bias, people do play Zelda only and Sheik only. It's pretty common, actually, so I stand by my opinion that the tier list should have entries for Zelda, Sheik, and Zelda/Sheik.
as long as people continue to play them separately, I sytand by this too..... but I'm at a los for why Zelda/Sheik shouldn't be on the tier list....

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Didn't I hear in the SBR podcast that SamuraiPanda actually studies DarkMusician's vids? lol
Negatory. I've seen a few, but it was far from anything close to "study."

That was me playing 2 friendlies with her when bored, after not having played Zelda much since Apex (and I had picked her up a few days prior to Apex, anyways). So... yeah.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Negatory. I've seen a few, but it was far from anything close to "study."
My bad then. lol

That was me playing 2 friendlies with her when bored, after not having played Zelda much since Apex (and I had picked her up a few days prior to Apex, anyways). So... yeah.
I know it was a friendly and I know you barely use her in the first place, but still. :/

(<3 your Snake btw)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Ok, I'm gonna enter my first tourny sometime soon and I plan on using Zelda. I was wondering if it is best to use Sheik and rack up damage using jabs and needles then switching to Zelda? Also, should I go to Luigi's Mansion? Why's it a good stage for her?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Ok, I'm gonna enter my first tourny sometime soon and I plan on using Zelda. I was wondering if it is best to use Sheik and rack up damage using jabs and needles then switching to Zelda? Also, should I go to Luigi's Mansion? Why's it a good stage for her?
to part one: depends on matchup

part two: she can't get camped there very well

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Also, should I go to Luigi's Mansion? Why's it a good stage for her?
The pillars stop pretty much every projectile except for Din´s fire, she lives longer there, close blastzones in the sides make D-smash and LKs deadly, low ceilings limit enemies´ approach options, the pillars make her F- and U-smash last much longer, she can get some surprise KOs by Uairing people on the second floor.

I think there might be more.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
The pillars stop pretty much every projectile except for Din´s fire, she lives longer there, close blastzones in the sides make D-smash and LKs deadly, low ceilings limit enemies´ approach options, the pillars make her F- and U-smash last much longer, she can get some surprise KOs by Uairing people on the second floor.

I think there might be more.
There's always more good things about Mansion (and no, I'm not going into it because I'm lazy).

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
You mean on Mansion or Olimar in general?

Because Olimar ***** Zelda no matter what the stage. lol
What olimar does to Zelda on other stages is the equivalent of politely taking zelda out to dinner and then ****ing her and not calling her back the next day.... Zelda loses and it wasn't fun for her overall.

... on mansion it's utter ****. Like, it is the antithesis of any definition of "close matchup." I think it made me cry once.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Alright this is probably not even worth asking.......but is there any metagame advancements or anything I should take a look at that I missed that took place in the last 4 months?

Top Bottom