• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Zelda Q & A / FAQs / Directory ~

MrEh

Smash Hero
Alright this is probably not even worth asking.......but is there any metagame advancements or anything I should take a look at that I missed that took place in the last 4 months?
This is the very reason why Zelda keeps dropping in the tier list. She's such a predictable character and her metagame isn't going anywhere.

So no, there's nothing.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Wasn't referring specifically to Zelda......but yea I guessed as much.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Because you --

Darn, I can't say these inappropriate things anymore.

Because Sakurai doesn't like you.
The downsides of red.

Alright this is probably not even worth asking.......but is there any metagame advancements or anything I should take a look at that I missed that took place in the last 4 months?
LOL Zelda doesn´t advance.

It´s sad but true.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
we finally admitted as a community that we need to use sheik too to be able to compete. Admittance is te first step.

otherwise..... no. no developments.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
In the last 4 months huh? Um, Pikachu chaingrabs even longer than before:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225783

There's probably other stuff too, but I'm lazy.

we finally admitted as a community that we need to use sheik too to be able to compete. Admittance is te first step.

otherwise..... no. no developments.
Wait, I thought we agreed that we needed to use MK to compete...

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I thought we've always admitted we needed to use Sheik? I prefer Zelda's style more, but I <3 playing as Sheik lol, so faaaast!

Likewise Sheik will also do better if she brings some of Zelda's elements into her playstyle I'd imagine.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I haven't admitted that.
I refuse! Zelda only ftw! :mad: Get that Sheik mess outta here......

Seriously, though, Sheik kind of scares me.

@marsulas: Everyone's right, the metagame isn't too hard to catch up on atm, especially if you've only been gone a few months. Some new CGs (not for Zelda tho, lol), some tier list changes.... *shrug*

Dihan

Smash Apprentice
Is Zelda able to do anything useful out of a footstool jump? I've noticed that footstool jump combos have been popular recently.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
Is Zelda able to do anything useful out of a footstool jump? I've noticed that footstool jump combos have been popular recently.
You could probably NeutralB (or maybe even UpB into them, lol).

Realistically though, footstools won't become a staple part of Zelda's metagame because she has no good way to set them up (and she also lacks ways to capitalize on them, but the former is more important).

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
How fast do you fall from SideB?

If the footstool was highenough you could try and use that to stall and than drop and capitilize?

EDIT: And Dair won't hit after a FSJ?

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
So today my little sister, who mains Zelda, was fighting my crewmate (don't worry, my little sister is pretty legit) and something weird happened. She UpBed, but got a HUGE lateral momentum boost backwards before she actually teleported. It was impractical at the time, but seemed potentially useful if it can be replicated and mastered. We captured the replay. I can't upload it, but I will send it to a Zelda who is interested in uploading the footage for the good of the Zelda community.

I believe she accidentally performed a "wave-bounced" UpB (pretty difficult stuff here) which may give Zelda a really pretty boost in her upB. She moved a considerable distance backwards away from FD (she was above it and offstage, about to recover laterally) before she actually teleported, when she activated the move. If this is done backwards, you could move significantly towards the stage. It might also be used to recover from some hard to reach places, or just used in mid-combat as an escape.

If you're interested, PM me your Wii Code and Brawl Code, and take mine from the left of this post.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
If she was in momentum from an attack, then that's pretty normal. The same thing happens if you use Nayru's Love while in momentum. If you jump and hit B at the same time while getting out of it, then you can do some kind of super jump. Also jumping and hitting down B can cause a Rising Transformation, which is pretty useful for a semi-safe transform to Sheik.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Yeah, like he said, it's normal. The bad thing is that with FW, since you're likely being launched away from the stage, you'll hit Up B and go flying away from the stage, which can easily get you killed.

Though if there were a way to force it to send you towards the stage...

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Heh, I used FW once without bairing to regain momentum, and I flew off the stage and died. I was not happy. :mad:

It looked awesome, though, minus the dying part.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
I think we'd sooner find a way to make the momentum itself send us back towards the stage. And even if we did, we'd have to deal with the cooldown frames of lag at the end of Farore's Wind, lol. (Just aim for a sweetspot ledge grab on reappear, while you're teleporting in momentum, simple enough!)

sniperworm

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure Bobby and I both make it go toward the stage (let me go look for a vid).

You mean like this right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd9FDowGm94 (at 8:12)

You normally get boosted away because Farore's Wind inherits Zelda's current momentum (aka you're getting knocked back so it boosts you away). However, if you quickly jump back toward the stage and do it (while getting knocked away of course) you'll be going forward and therefore, be boosted forward.

If this isn't what you're talking about, then my bad, lol.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
That's weird, it loaded for me when I clicked the link just now. It's DM vs LethalTrilogy Part 1 in SBHMX (it's actually in game 2).

Come on youtube, WORK!!!!

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Youtube has been ******** the whole day but it worked for me now.

I think this works with the same physics as (get ready sniperworm) Love jump. If you have lots of momentum towards the sides you can´t override it with this, but if Zelda is still in the falling animation after being hit she can use it like that and move towards the stage.

On second thought, that could actually be wawebounced FW.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Yeah, like he said, it's normal. The bad thing is that with FW, since you're likely being launched away from the stage, you'll hit Up B and go flying away from the stage, which can easily get you killed.

It would be sooooo sweet if someone found out a way to do this. If only Zelda had high aerial momentum like Jigglypuff and Yoshi...

sniperworm

Smash Ace
I think this works with the same physics as (get ready sniperworm) Love jump.
Gahhh!

If you have lots of momentum towards the sides you can´t override it with this, but if Zelda is still in the falling animation after being hit she can use it like that and move towards the stage.

On second thought, that could actually be wawebounced FW.
I'm pretty sure this isn't a wavebounced FW because you can clearly see that his horizontal boost had a slight upward arc, whereas a wavebounce should just make you go lower.

But then again, I'm not good at remembering how I do things (as in button inputs). I just think about what I want to come out and my fingers to the rest, lol. I'll probably check what the deal is when I get home from work.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I know I've boosted myself toward the stage without jumping as well (it's possible that this one was a wavebounce, but I still doubt it). Hm, I guess when I go home I should pay attention to what my fingers are doing.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure this isn't a wavebounced FW because you can clearly see that his horizontal boost had a slight upward arc, whereas a wavebounce should just make you go lower.
I think I know what it was now. It´s simply FW right after double jump. The startup animation of DJ can even be seen in the video and it´s momentum carried over into the FW.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Every time someone calls it a Love Jump, I think I die a little on the inside. lol
(from left field)

*agrees with Mr Eh*

I die more when people say "the love jump is an advaned technique with many practical applications"

Top Bottom