• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your one wish for SSB4

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
My wish is for Kirby to have a projectile. Or at last eat characters' projectiles like in the games and get your powers from them.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I think most of you should be disqualified because you tried to get more than just 1 wish like the thread title asks.

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
I don't like how most of the people in this thread are trolling/joking around, instead of actually wishing something useful for everyone (Good online mode, good balance, etc.).

You know what I would really like to see? A game that can be enjoyed for every kind of gamer. From the casual, to the harcore and professional ones. So that everyone can enjoy the game. So that everyone can play the game in ANY way and still enjoy it (FFA with items on, tournaments, etc.).

That would be awesome! (and for everyone!). That would make SSB4 a GOOD game for EVERYONE. And not just ONE audience (Casual/Competitive, etc.). This would help the Smash community to grow and be a better community overall across the world!

D

Deleted member

I wish people would stop making thread about a game that's not evne announced yet.

link2702

Smash Champion
But ... it has been.

For like 30 minutes, then you got bored and went to play mario party or worms or something.
mario party was crap after 3 I'm surprised anyone would even think of playing any of the games on the cube.

4 was the downfall of the series....

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
How would you even go about ruining a game like mario party? All of them are the same except the characters, minigames, and graphics.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I want the Brawl n00bs to stay on the Brawl n00bs ugly side of the parking lot with the creepy hobo trying to sell his leg, his dog, and what he claims is his Super Bowl ring but is actually a necklace. The rest of us can hang out on the cool side of the parking lot we call the park.

But ... it [Melee] has been.

For like 30 minutes, then you got bored and went to play mario party or worms or something.
Nah before I played competitively I played the game casually, and I put in a ton of hours. Whether with items, random characters, random stages, or random modes, I had some awesome times with friends. I still also do all that random crap now, except I don't turn on items as much (I never was really big on them, the bumper in smash 64 aside) and no random modes.

If you ain't trollin on Brinstar Depths, you ain't trollin right! :troll: :088: :089:

Plus I still know a ton of people who love to play Melee casually. It practically sold the Gamecube, and was the console's runaway best-seller. Melee did more for the Gamecube than Halo 2 did for the Xbox.

How would you even go about ruining a game like mario party? All of them are the same except the characters, minigames, and graphics.
Same characters and graphics? Yes.
Same mini-games? No! After Mario Party 3 all the mini-games were boring, and there were minimal game modes.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nah before I played competitively I played the game casually, and I put in a ton of hours. Whether with items, random characters, random stages, or random modes, I had some awesome times with friends. I still also do all that random crap now, except I don't turn on items as much (I never was really big on them, the bumper in smash 64 aside) and no random modes.

If you ain't trollin on Brinstar Depths, you ain't trollin right! :troll: :088: :089:

Plus I still know a ton of people who love to play Melee casually. It practically sold the Gamecube, and was the console's runaway best-seller. Melee did more for the Gamecube than Halo 2 did for the Xbox.

...Are you trolling?

First of all, why would I be questioning whether or not Melee has been announced? We were obviously talking about ssb4.

Same characters and graphics? Yes.
Same mini-games? No! After Mario Party 3 all the mini-games were boring, and there were minimal game modes.
aaaaand I was saying the characters, graphics, and minigames are different from each iteration. Not the other way around.

link2702

Smash Champion
when the new mini games are boring as hell and the game feels slow as hell(which they did, mario party 4 and onward seems to just drag on at a slow pace, both on the boards and the mini games) its pretty clear how you cna ruin it.

I remember i could always play the original 3 mario parties for hours on end either alone or with my friends and have a blast.

All the rest of the games just felt boring, mp4 being the biggest culprit.

one of my friends "refused" to give up on the series, and bought all the games evne though he was maybe only playing em for a day after 4 and then letting em collect dust. He was just convinced that the series wasn't dead yet and there would be that one special new one, that would capture the spirit of the originals.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Tokyo
LOL my bad. But really, the whole Mario Party series just got stale. Maybe it's just the charm of being there first, but those first 3 games were pretty fun. Meanwhile, the others I played were awful.

As for Melee, I'm not saying Melee was announced. It was announced like 11 1/2 years ago! :laugh:

I'm just saying that Melee is a game that a lot of non-competitive gamers still play today, and that it isn't forgotten about after 30 minutes. There's always some new interesting thing to find (which should be the case in all future smash bros games).

Recently I stacked up over 300% damage on someone as Ganondorf and Warlocked Punched them on the bottom of Hyrule Temple. They tech'd or something, were stuck in the roof, rolled up the right side (to where they were congruent at a 90 degree angle on the wall), reversed rolled the other way, and went all the way up the other side of the roof to the top left of the stage. Their character then rolled off the wall and into the bubble thing off the screen. Their character then remained uncontrollable for about 5 seconds off the screen in the bubble screen and somehow survived.

It was clearly from some weird messed up physics, but it was awesome! It was mad hype, even if I lost because of that. In other words, it was worth it! :laugh: :088:

Random fun stuff like that should remain in smash forever. Also, awesome mini-games that people come up with. Like the Bowser Challenge. :cool:

Majority

Smash Journeyman
For it to be the REAL sequel to Melee.

Honestly, once SSB4 comes out, the Melee vs Brawl discussions will be over. You know that no one is going to continue playing Brawl when there's a new Smash game, unlike Melee.

justinrobk

Smash Rookie
Game play wise, I'd say I want a richer custom stage builder. If they do it right the next time around, custom stages in competitive play might be a more sound option. As for characters, I would really like to see Dr. Robotnik enter the series.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Members of Capcom on the team that's making the game.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
My main wish is that with the alternate costumes, they actually switch to a different character. With Luigi, switch a color to say Waluigi, same stats and everything. Same for Yoshi / Boshi, Capt. Falcon / Blood Falcon, or Peach / Daisy, or even Roy / Ike and or Marth / Ike. Very unplausible, but it's something I'd like. In that same vein, adding in the Polygon / wire frame alternates for their respective characters (from Brawl it's Samus, Kirby and Mario I believe, and Falcon, Kirby and Mario for 64), but it would give a vaster character option, even if lots would be literal clones of one another.

Jet300

Smash Ace
Well, they should bring roy back and and keep Ike, so there can be three fire emble characters, and no tripping.

:phone:

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
This probably is not going to happen but my number one wish is for GC controller compatibility.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Fix Jigglypuff.

At least return her to Smash64 status.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
sakurai said wes getting way with ssb64 engine sytle. so i guess jiggypuff is gonna look like brawl.or a new look

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Hard to narrow it down to one, but since someone else already mentioned better online play and characters that can become other characters via costume (Mario into Dr. Mario, Peach into Daisy, Metaknight into Galacta Knight, etc etc), I'd have to say custom Special Movesets that can allow for selecting from a short list of Special Moves so characters can be individually unique in playstyle from their move combinations. This wish also sounds kind of sort of maybe just a little slightly possible considering the maker speaks of customizing characters with the 3DS and loading them up on the Wii U.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Sounds like someone's played his DB games.... I think custom moves would be a great idea too.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Sounds like someone's played his DB games.... I think custom moves would be a great idea too.
...Darn you. DX

Dragon Ball Budokai 3 did have an impact on me... The Tenkaichi games paled next to those. But that is definitely off topic. I wouldn't even mind lack of roster size increase for more depth for characters. You could possibly give Mario his Sunshine moves or Luigi his Mansion moves with the vacuum and teach pokemon different moves etc.

Top Bottom