• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your one wish for SSB4

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Oh **** I didn't know that, why didn't anyone tell me?

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
AHHAHAHAHAHHAHAA.

Oh man, good one. That's...oh wow, aha.
hey nwo i can dream can't i?

after all, this topic is about our one wish for the next smash, thats mine, even if the chances of it happening are slim.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
My wish is a much more respectable game, yet easier to get used to. I don't want only the first like Melee or only the second like Brawl. I WANT BOTH.

If I could have any other wishes, they would be:

• Kill Mr. G&W and R.O.B. forever. One of the problems I personally have with Brawl.
  • The Meta-Game is competitive so Competitive Players like it but easy to understand for newer players. In other words, no more camping
  • For FoxBlaze71 to not attack this game like he did with Brawl
  • Characters such as Mega Man, Cloud, Sora, Pac-Man, Klona (sic), Shadow(?), Knuckles.
  • Return Mewtwo and Roy. Keep Ike and Lucario.
  • Keep Sonic
  • Better Alternate Costumes
  • Get rid of all the Vault stuff except for Replays, Custom Stages, Challenges, and maybe the Photos.
  • Make Replays be able to record matches longer then 2:30!!!1!
  • More Variety with themes of the Custom Stages.
  • Better Online Mode
  • Make folks such as Samus/ZSS, Zelda/Sheik, and the PT's Pokemon entirely separate characters.
  • For all this to be on the Wii U. Don't bother with the 3DS
  • Better Gravity. I do not want to see FoxBlaze71 trolling me for liking this game.
  • I cannot think of anything else at the moment

I don't give a crap about tripping. It rarely happens to me. And when it does I barely notice.

YES. PLEASE.

I have different Ideas for Online Mode, but yeah: BETTER ONLINE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

His response if he's friendly irl
The R.O.B. and GW removal is ********, at least with your motives. I understand they were really poorly known, unnecessary characters, but I'm just seeing whiny noob that doesn't want to deal with his personal bad MUs.

As for the your list of inclusions, it was fanboyish and dumb. It has to have a moveset, and not be total bull**** or another unnecessary clone. I'M LOOKING AT YOU, LITTLE MAC AND KRYSTAL FANS!

As for the 3DS, many people have wanted a portable Smash. The DS was obviously incapable of a Smash game, but the 3DS is more powerful than a Wii in some aspects so it's not impossible.

I LOL at you not caring about tripping. If you were in a tourney's GF, you and you're opponent were at a percentage where one had an ensured kill, and you tripped and got KOd by, let's say, an MK Dsmash, you would think of the implications of tripping beyond your scrubfest friendlies.

This game will probably be the worst of the series, and it will have the biggest tournament following.

I'll hate every second of its existence if that ends up being true.
I have to agree. I think the characters choice will be the real problem. Most kids who started with Brawl had no idea who the **** Solid Snake was. Everyone else understood he was broken and lacked a lot of his MGS arsenal. I'm sure Sakurai will have another good character he'll make the same mess with. like this waiting in the wings.

I really want Shortiecanbefeminine and Foxblaze to hate this next SSB.

Like really REALLY hate it.
I'm sure Sakurai won't fail you.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Brawl had Diddy. I'm cool with it therefore. It's a pain playing mostly any other character though. Meta Knight I just don't care much about, and Snake plays lame.

Aside from top tiers, some characters I felt where done very well. Especially Donkey Kong, Mr.Game & Watch and Pikachu when compared to their Melee counterparts (do miss some stuff Melee DK had though, mainly Up B and Up Air).

What I mainly want from Smash is better balanced, and better overall gameplay. I wouldn't mind personally if they made the game much like Project M, but make it feel perfectly natural to play. Bring some aspects as L-Cancelling back, and hitstun far more like Melee's. No more tripping of coarse, and then may come the characters.

Some wishes character related are King K.Rool, Dixie Kong, the return of Mewtwo, Isaac, Toad, Krom (new Fire Emblem), Impa (Zelda Skyward Sword) and Anthony Higgs (remember him?) and I guess Ridley to. Other than that nothing specific.

Some moveset revamps on current characters wouldn't be bad either. Examples: the whole Mario and Zelda cast and Samus. And further de-clone half clones of coarse, nor not, as I don't mind them safe for G'dorf. Also, be more creative with B moves and what we can do with them. I wouldn't mind a totally different playing cast if they can make that fit in better within the new game at all.

But yeah, expect this game to resemble Brawl and the original mostly in terms of gameplay. Which I don't mind, cause a Brawl did some stuff right. They just screwed up the physics but I can see where they where aiming for a bit. Not that they did it right the way they did it, no. But let's hope they just create it the best they can?

:phone:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Since everyone is making a huge list of wishes instead of just one....

- No more tripping.
- Stage Exclusive Items and Assist Trophies
- Bosses pulled from other series (Demise, Fawful, Andross, The Black Knight, Medusa, King Boo, etc) and have a more effect on story mode/battle mode.
- New Characters: Bowser Jr, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Dark Samus, Ridley, Baby Mario and Luigi, Rival Pokemon Trainer using 3rd Generation Starters (Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken), Geno, More Retro Characters like Lip, Takamaru, Prince Sable, and Machrider (****, a character riding a motorcycle would be amazing!), Return of Mewtwo and only Mewtwo, Krom for Fire Emblem, a Animal Crossing rep, Saki, Shulk, Isaac, Wolf Link + Midna, Toon Zelda + Tetra, a Advanced Wars rep, Zoroark, Taboo, The Masked Man from Mother 3.
- 3rd party characters: Megaman, Ryu, Terra Branford (**** Cloud. Terra appeared first on the SNES and, in my opinion, Terra would fit the forumla better), Lloyd Irving, Nightmare from SC (This is actually my dream wish. I know it'll never happen but it should), and Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark)
- Keep Toon Link, Sonic, Wolf, Mr. Game and Watch, PKMN Trainer, and Ike.
- Remove Lucario and R.O.B.
- Color Customization
- Trophies for all the Stages
- 3-D Model Viewer of all the Characters (movements, taunts, attacks, etc)
- a Nintendogs stage
- a Tetris Stage
- a Custom Robo stage
- a special pill called "The Zombie Pill" that turns players into zombies. Attack causes damage to the opponent and reduces damage on the zombified player.
- Be able to use Djinn from Golden Sun to summon supernatural beings to aid in battle.
- A better and more developed story mode.
- Less laggy online and no friend codes.
- More than one Final Smash.
- More customization in terms of SSB interface (change the style or theme of th emenu screen)
- All new Poke Ball Pokemon (preferribly 5th Generation with a few previous Legendary generations: Darkrai, the golems, Arceus, Giratina, etc)
- 3rd Party Items
- More customization options in Stage Builder
- Online rankings
- 1 Wii exclusive character and 1 3DS exclusive character
- Nerf Metaknight
- Buff the lower tiers like Zelda, Ganondorf, Link, the Falcon, Samus, Mario, Lucas, Yoshi, Ness, etc.
- Give Ganondorf a freakin sword!
- Death to clones
- More emphasis on combos
- DLC content
- Give Link and Zelda a Skyward Sword appearance with a move set that reflects the game while giving a Ganondorf a Twilight Princess appearance.
- and, while I am add it. Add freakin Darth Vader.

There. Done. Not expecting any of this ****.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh ****. Link and Zelda from Skyward Sword you say? How about tagging Zelda with Impa then instead of Sheik? Or have Impa as a separate character in?

:phone:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Dixie Kong, Little Mac, and Blaze the Cat playable.
No tripping.
An enjoyable story mode.

That is all.
:applejack:

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
I like how this is titled, "your ONE wish for SSB4" yet it's basically the same as a SSB4 Discussion thread, with people shouting out random ****.

I'll take no tripping and be happy.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Venus
You are now officially my super best friend for dissing Cloud and saying Terra would be awesome in one sentence.
Sakurai has already failed me once!
Nah, I think Brawl was on Game Arts for well below the standards as a developer of smash bros compared to HAL... which is why I advocate for both HAL and Game Arts to return, but HAL as the primary/lead developing company.

As for a wish list of mine...
[COLLAPSE="Here is my fairly long wish list for you to read if you would like"]
  • Kill random tripping. Tripping as a result of something (like being hit by Diddy Kong's banana peels) should stay.
  • Make two brand new and unique smash bros experience unlike any other.
  • Return every character from Brawl. The Brawl newcomers were amazing, and we all love those wily veterans.
  • Declone every returning character (at least a bit).
[COLLAPSE="Here is my list of ways to declone each returning Brawl character"]
-Make Luigi feel more like "Luigi." Give him a different/heavily modified neutral B. It can still be fireballs, but chance it up. Make his up B a different move entirely, but keep the tipper super kill part. Change some of his aerials (up air, back air) and smash attacks (down smash, up smash) too.
-Toon Link: Well, this isn't just Toon Link changes, but Link changes. Make Toon Link's up B work kind of like Young Link's in Melee, but a bit more original. Also, either change Toon Link's down B (Skull Hammer, Deku Leaf, or a counter sword attack) or Link's (the Skyward Slash, one of his items from Skyward Sword or the forthcoming Zelda Wii U). After that, change Toon Link's tilts, smashes, and aerials (give him downward and sideways swipes, and loads of chain moves).
-Ganondorf: Give him magic and a sword.
-Falco: Give him a new forward B with a similar spike effect. Change his up B, down smash, and down tilt entirely. Give him 2 blasters for a faster neutral B.
-Make Wolf more unique. Part of this means giving him a new neutral B, a new down B, change his up B a bit, and maybe another few moves. Also, more of a juggling character (see: Project M Wolf).
-Lucas: Make his (and Ness') up B go a lot farther. After that, give him PK Love as a forward B, and change his down B.[/COLLAPSE]-Bring back Mewtwo (minus him sucking) and Roy.
[COLLAPSE="What to do with Roy:"]-Declone Roy and base his fighting style off of Sword of the Seals (Fire Emblem 6). In FE6, Roy uses a lot of stabs, and that's how I imagine him fighting.[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="-Add one of the following characters (the necessary ones IMO are bold, the ones I feel are very worth are underlined [necessary > very worthy]):"]
Pichu (completely changed), Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, Ridley, Meowth, Plusle and Minun (as a tag team), Victini/Zoroark/Genesect (one of them is worthy), Samurai Goroh, Black Shadow, Krom, Paletuna, Miis, Issac, Saki, Little Mac, Jill Dozer, Lip, Takamaru, Mach Rider, the Balloon Fighter, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Bomberman, Tails, Dr. Eggman.[/COLLAPSE]
  • Add a lot of new stages. Make at least half of them basic stages (not just simple like Battlefield, but basic like Yoshi's Story, Yoshi's Island [Brawl], and basic not moving stages) while the others can be crazy (ranging from minimally crazy like Rainbow Cruise is to totally bonkers like Big Blue).
  • Return as many "Past Stages" as possible (I would love all of them). If they can't be added right away, add 'em as DLC. We don't mind paying for them... as long as it's not more than a buck a stage. Also, include stages like the Brawl SSE Arena, the Metal Mario stage, Battlefield and FD 64, etc in this.
  • Remember all those awesome SSE stages that weren't playable=??? Change that. Make 'em playable. Sakurai spent time making them; now he should let us play as them. It isn't hard at all to add them to the main menu of stages.
  • Return all past items, Pokéball Pokémon (unless said Pokémon is playable, ie: Charizard; then replace their move with a different Pokémon), Assist Trophy characters (same as Pokémon with playable characters), bosses, etc.
  • Return all past trophies and stickers, and continually add upon them after the release. Make a few that are exclusive to the 3DS and Wii U that you can trade.
  • Make the Stage Builder into an actual Stage Builder. Loads of backgrounds, screen size (ie: low roof, small right side, no bottom), parts (all of the parts from the actual stages), and a nearly unlimited amount of parts you can use.
  • Online that functions like a modern online system (this is more up to Nintendo with the Wii U's online than Sakurai and the Smash Bros. development team).
  • Graphics that will make me cry at their beauty. I want to see Snake's bootie in 1080p son!
  • A more engaging adventure mode. It doesn't need a story, but it should allow us to explore various Nintendo worlds (as well as worlds of the 3rd party guest series).
  • A new traditional controller that works like a new and improved Gamecube controller.
  • More event matches.
  • Make at least 8 color pallets/outfits for each character, and the option for us to customize their colors.
  • Give more characters actual alternate outfits. Wario had his classic outfit and his Wario Ware outfit. Now, make Peach really look like Daisy, make tan skinned green and white Luigi actually have tan skin (like in Smash 64 and Melee), give Link and Zelda multiple looks (Skyward Sword, Zelda Wii U, and Twilight Princess colored Zelda Wii U looks), Give Falco several different outfits he's worn, etc. Basically, just give us the good stuffs!
  • Bring back Board the Platforms.
  • Have like 30 Board the Platforms and Break the Targets.
  • Make it to where each character has two final smashes (and their are two smash balls). One is for super moves (think Triforce Slash, Mario's fireball, Great Aether, etc) and one for super transformations (think Giga Bowser, Landmaster, Super Sonic, etc).
  • DLC patches for glitches, errors, and stuff that take away from the game (ie: frame rate issues, Meta Knight's infinite down B glitch, black holes, etc).
  • Up to 6 player support (for the Wii U and Smash Wii U/3DS). That way we can do 3 vs. 3, 2 vs. 2 vs. 2, 3 vs. 2 vs. 1, etc. 3 vs. 3 team matches sounds awesome, and so does 6 player free for all!
  • Make L-cancelling automatic and cancel more frames than it did in Melee but less than Smash 64 (I'd say cancel about 2/3rd of the frames).
  • Lastly and most importantly, make Captain Falcon's nipples bigger.
[/COLLAPSE]Edit: Don't listen to Diddy Kong about Impa! (or to a lesser extent, Anthony!) His love for her is greater than his love of logic, Luigi, and worst of all lumberjacks.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Oh, I forgot. Give Luigi a ****ing vacuum! That was one of most "WTF Sakurai" moments I had when Brawl first came out.

and Johnknight, she would be pretty awesome in Smash. I would put her up as a major contender for a Final Fantasy spot along with Mog and the Crysdtal Chronicle Races (Clavat, the Lily kids, the blue haired vagabonds, and the weird stork magic guys). It would be pretty cool to change between all four during the fight.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
1). Newcomer Appears: Victini
This has been my dream character longer than any character around, besides Young Link.

2). Better Wi-Fi System
Need I say moar?

3). Custom Character Creation
I, personally, would love to make my own created character. Making a moveset for the character isn't hard, and balance for competition? Ban them or ban certain movesets that make them Uber. There's no excuse towards their appearence. Something like an Xbox360 Avatar/Mii mix. In otherwords, let me make a more realistic Mii, to be exact. Id love to make/use this character design:

Something like that, you know?

4). Vetrans: Lucario and/or Young Link
If Victini is a no, Lucario or Young Link are who I'd vote for. I see no appeal in the LoZ series as of now (Ghirahim, Tingle, Tetra), so the best character I'd vote for would be Lucario, considering the fact he's been my favorite Pokemon for more than 5 or 6 years, now.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
character creation would be nice, but just like stage builder, it will be completely ignored by the competitive scene.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
3). Custom Character Creation
I, personally, would love to make my own created character. Making a moveset for the character isn't hard, and balance for competition? Ban them or ban certain movesets that make them Uber. There's no excuse towards their appearence. Something like an Xbox360 Avatar/Mii mix. In otherwords, let me make a more realistic Mii, to be exact. Id love to make/use this character design:

Something like that, you know?
See I'd be more open to the idea of character creation had you not just posted that picture.

Obv we need something more like this:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
YOU MEAN MORE LIKE THIS BROTHER

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988

IT'S OKAY THE HULK MADE YOU READY BROTHERDUDEJACK.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Tag team? Pfffffffffft, fat chance... BROTHERDUDEJACK!

Did I properly use that word in a sentence?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Where the hell do you even make those?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
AS MUCH AS THE HULK UNDERSTANDS THAT EVERYTHING SHOULD REALLY BE ABOUT HIM, THIS BLOG HAS SOME TOPIC ALONG THE LINES OF THE NEW SMASH BROS OR WHATEVER IT IS YOU PENCILNECK GEEKS PLAY INSTEAD OF LIFTING WEIGHTS[COLLAPSE="[img]lolololololololololololoolblankpost[/img]"][/COLLAPSE]

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It's not really a matter of being upset.

Are we back on this Falcon is mad all the time thing again? BECAUSE MAN THAT MAKES ME MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.
Frustrated? Angry? Kicking the Door? I don't know because I CAN'T SEE YOU!
It's too dark.

But yeah, we should get back on topic Lol

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oh, I forgot. Give Luigi a ****ing vacuum! That was one of most "WTF Sakurai" moments I had when Brawl first came out.

and Johnknight, Terra would be pretty awesome in Smash. I would put her up as a major contender for a Final Fantasy spot along with Mog and the Crysdtal Chronicle Races (Clavat, the Lily kids, the blue haired vagabonds, and the weird stork magic guys). It would be pretty cool to change between all four during the fight.
Luigi's vacuum could be his neutral B, up B, or (2nd) Final Smash (I suggested 2 Final Smash).

As for Terra, even though she has no shot she would still be super awesome. The most likely Square Enix character I think is still the Black Mage or Slime.
character creation would be nice, but just like stage builder, it will be completely ignored by the competitive scene.
Well if you mean Miis, no it won't. Think of the match ups:

• Darth Vader vs. Sauron vs. Kefka vs. Dr. Eggman
  • Peter Pan vs. Jesus vs. Tom Hanks vs. Harry Potter
  • Homer Simpson vs. Gandhi vs. Babe Ruth vs. George Washington
  • Mike Tyson vs. Hulk Hogan vs. Michael Jordan vs. Indiana Jones
  • Muhammad Ali vs. Snooki (ABORTION PAWWWNNCCHHHH!!!)
  • Lawrence Taylor vs. Paris Hilton
  • Myself/yourself as a Mii vs. Bruce Lee vs. Jimi Hendrix vs. King Arthur
  • Terra vs. Geno vs. Crono vs. Cecil

The possibilities are ENDLESS!!!

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988

ANIME IS NOW READY BROTHER, TIME TO BURY EVERY OTHER GAY CRUISERWEIGHT CHARACTER EVER CREATED.

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
I hope they focus less on adding superfluous things like stickers and coin games and focus more on the characters (add more) and especially improve the online multiplayer mode.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Balanced roster
Gameplay that isn't like the other games
Better online
And Rosalina :smirk:

tnorrlotssb

Smash Rookie
My one wish:
The Mii as the only customizable character.

Why:
It would violate character integrety to customize already established characters. What if somebody "customized" Sonic to be super slow or Bowser to be really weak? It just wouldn't be right. However, Mii's have no preset personalities/powers/abilities, so it would be the only correct way to customize.

Top Bottom