• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your first EVER character.

DRD

Smash Lord
SSB64, I started with Kirby; nothing is better than turning into a stone high above your opponent, falling for 3 seconds, and making contact because they didn't know they could shield, or run away. Then again, neither did I ;)

In melee I was, at first, Kirby; but I never played seriously until I found smashboards 2-3 years ago. Now I main Doc

As for Brawl...I don't like it at all. The physics are ridiculous. So I don't really play with anybody at all. Actually, I don't really play at all, at all. =(

Mith_

Smash Champion
Dedede in Brawl.
Because I thought he was the greatest ever and I loved his theme music.
Unfortunately I was bad so I thought he was bad. =/

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
SSB64: Link
Melee: Fox, or Link (Not sure)
Brawl: Yoshi (I lost to weak computers on my first match D:.)

Irsic

Smash Ace
I'll admit to when playing SSB64 that I didn't recognize who Samus was, and couldn't tell what she was from the portrait, and she was my first main.

Then I unlocked Luigi.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
I've always liked using slow, heavy, and tank like characters, so when I got my hands on Super Smash Bros. 64, the first character I ever used was Donkey Kong. Donkey Kong would remain one of my favorite characters throughout the franchise, but when Melee came around, I started using Falco. As a twelve year old, I thought shooting lasers was so cool. I still dabbled with the ape, and I still do in Brawl, but as of today, my favorite character is King DeDeDe. I really didn't see me going from ape to penguin. :bee:

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
In SSB64, it was Fox. Melee, it was Falco, because he seemed like a more powerful version of Fox.

In Brawl, I used Mario first.. then I continually lost to a lvl 9 Ike, so I picked Meta Knight and won. I then mained him... until I discovered that he was broken.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
My very first time playing 64, I started with Jiggs. Then I played Kirby some when I got my own copy and had no idea how to unlock Jiggs again (I was only seven at the time, cut me some slack).

Melee, I played Zelda first thing. I switched around A LOT in Melee.

Brawl, I played Pit first thing. Kinda ironic; ZSS was the very last character I ever tried (about four months after actually getting the game), and now she's my secondary.

mith132

Smash Apprentice
I played 64 once at a friends house and just randomly picked cpt falcon (i didnt even know who he was), so i used falcon first in melee and spammed falcon punch. in brawl my first char was mk.

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
SSB64: Yoshi + Captain Falcon
SSBM: Yoshi then IC then GaW then CF then Jiggs then Marth
SSBB: Yoshi at first, then MK for the first 2 weeks of brawl, then Yoshi and IC lots, then GaW come like April/May, and from August on i've been a PT main with GaW as a secondary

Tamoo

Smash Master
in SSB64, I think it was jiggs,
I remember my first ssbm match, I was Ice climbers but i hated them
Brawl, I went straight to jiggs and samus cos they were my melee mains, thinkin theyd be decent
>__>

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I picked kirby first in ssbm

spammed whatever move I got when I did his b and I spammed his mallet

Still do ^_^ (jk, but I still love kirby, and only sometimes =o)

Crazy Hobo

Smash Cadet
SSB64: Pikachu, because I loved pokemon
SSBM: Ice Climbers, because I thought it was so cool I could have two characters.
SSBB: Zelda, I watched a lot of the japanese videos before the release, and I thought Zelda was gonna be very good because of Dins. I thought Din juggling to death was awesome. I didn't realize they put in multiple air dodges until I first played the game.

True Fool

Smash Ace
64=It was either Link or Samus. I loved OoT, and Samus just looked cool to me. But I don't remember which I picked first.
Melee=Link. He eventually became my fave in 64, so I just picked him back up.
Brawl=Ike. I was very happy to see him make it, and I wanted to try him.

Raym

Smash Apprentice
SSBM: Link, because i was playing Zelda A Link to the Past at the time.
SSB64: Link, Because i used him in Melee
SSBB: Link, because of tradition

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
The first character I have ever picked, like SSB64 right out of the box, was Pikachu. Pokemon was still extremely popular, and it was a total mind**** for me to see Pikachu actually fight characters from other games I've played.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
64- I forgot who I picked up first.
Melee- It was Fox, because I liked Star Fox 64. I got Melee before tiers for it were made. Other characters I liked in Melee were Young Link, Luigi, and Pichu.
Brawl- I went straight to Wario, because the Wario Land games were awesome. I then used Wolf, but as time went on, I felt that Krystal would of been a lot better than him and I ditched him. Lucas was my main for quite a while, but I switched to Ness. I still have fond memories of Lucas though.
SSB4- It would be Krystal. If Krystal isn't in, I'm boycotting SSB4.

superincredible

Smash Cadet
I remember picking Mario as my first on the 64.
Why?Because I loved playing as him in Super Mario64 he was my favorite character at the time

JJFMJR

Smash Cadet
Got to say Mario in 64, just because he is the classic nintendo Icon, hard to start with any other :0.

Denzi

Smash Master
Pika in Melee (I lovedPokémon)

Falco in Brawl cuz thats who I eventually ended up using in Melee (not with any actual skill of course :))

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
well my first real main was ness in ssb64 i played alot of earthbound and when i unlocked him i was like omg is that ness? before then i used pikachu
they bolth felt unplayable in melee but now that brawls out ness feels very playable expecially in brawl+

in melee i only used link and young link
brawl i picked up pit and retried ness and their the only chars i like in brawl

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
The Original? Mario.
The Sequal? Mario...
The Brawl? Why, would you look at that... Mario.

I'm noticing a pattern... actually, not really a pattern at all. I would of chosen Sonic if given the chance.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
SSB64: Pikachu. He was my first main in SSB64 and has always been.
SSBM: Falco and Sheik. Falco was just really fun when you learned him and Sheik was fast and pure ****.
SSBB: Pikachu and Marth. Pikachu- really agile and fun. Marth- excellent spacing and fast.

Spire

III
BRoomer
SSB64 Japanese Import: Link
SSB64: Link
SSBM: Link
SSBB: Link
SSB4: Link

Kirbythebanshee

Smash Rookie
SSB: Kirby
SSBM: Kirby
SSBB: Kirby

I never owned SSB or melee, but i had a neighber who's house i was always at who had it, and i just chose kirby cuz he looked cool. I dunno what happened, but i fell in love with him. I used him every time i played melee (like, 5 times sadly) and now i main him in brawl. He's just the coolest.

Top Bottom