• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi's placement in the tier list

Frown

poekmon
What do you think? Does he deserve it?

SS Tier
Meta Knight 15.00

S Tier
Snake 13.91

A Tier
Falco 13.03
King Dedede 12.94
Mr. Game & Watch 12.50
Marth 12.09
Diddy Kong 11.94

B Tier
Wario 11.47
R.O.B. 11.38
Lucario 10.94
Olimar 10.94

C Tier
Pikachu 10.34
Kirby 10.16
Donkey Kong 10.06
Ice Climbers 9.59

D Tier
Zero Suit Samus 8.88
Toon Link 8.47
Pit 8.44
Peach 8.16
Wolf 7.91

E Tier
Luigi 7.41
Zelda 7.03
Bowser 6.91
Fox 6.66
Sheik 6.44
Ike 5.91

F Tier
Mario 4.56
Lucas 4.50
Ness 4.50
Samus 4.41
Sonic 4.16
Pokémon Trainer 3.94
Yoshi 3.66

G Tier
Link 2.28
Jigglypuff 2.03
Ganondorf 1.88
Captain Falcon 1.63

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I'm surprised he's still on the list, LOL!

I've given up on convincing people a long time ago. It's whatever at this point.

bigman40

Smash Master
Lol, and I bet that I would be able to beat the characters that are so claimed higher than him too. XD

God, I love this place and biased ****.

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
This will make Mmac so mad... <____<

Yoshi is better than he looks...but I guess it all depends on statistics and whatnot. People like Mmac just gotta keep at it, I suppose.

Mith_

Smash Champion
I'm no Yoshi main and I'm surprised that Yoshi went down myself. I was hoping he would go up.

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
This will make Mmac so mad... <____<

Yoshi is better than he looks...but I guess it all depends on statistics and whatnot. People like Mmac just gotta keep at it, I suppose.
Well, I'm certainly not letting this tier list stop me from maining my favorite character in Brawl.

And I'm surprised that he did go down, to be honest. I wasn't expecting a huge jump or anything, but I'm still surprised nonetheless. And I'm starting to think that trying to convince people that Yoshi isn't a worthless character is just not worth it anymore.

Some people who've played me know that Yoshi can put up a fight. I'm just satisfied with that at this point.

Metatitan

Smash Master
The weird thing is things have only been looking better and better for yoshi. And yet he goes down. Bias much?

From now on I'm done trying to convince people he's higher they just dont listen

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
well while Yoshi is still underestimated I still have someone to use in low tier tourneys till Ike drops down to low.... eventually.. if ever..

KiwiBear

Smash Rookie
I find that list incredibly baised and utterly laughable. He out to have a Y-rank just becasue he's the only character that can effectly matchup against Meta Knight which is obviously the character to beat. Yoshi is unique and deserves a rank all to his own, Because he certainly doesn't run on pars with lowly characters such as mario and sonic. And wtf is bowser doing being put in fornt of him?1 Yoshi literally has field days with most of the characters in front of him.

bigman40

Smash Master
Lol, Andy from SRB-B told us that he mainly helped keep Yoshi out of bottom tier. I thank him for that, but I still see a lot of ignorance when it gets down to the lower tiers.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Lol, Andy from SRB-B told us that he mainly helped keep Yoshi out of bottom tier. I thank him for that, but I still see a lot of ignorance when it gets down to the lower tiers.
Well main problems are half of the Yoshi mains do not go to tournaments. That hurts us alot. Because if we Yoshi had loads of reps doing as good as Bwett, Stocky, Lil'b, etc. He'd be recognized more. Look at Ganon for instance, he has some insane players, Koskinator, yet he;s still on the bottom. If more people repped him and were as good as Kosk he'd be higher probably.

Also, same thing with ZSS, Yoshi has a large learning curve. It takes a good while to learn how to play him in all situations properly. Thus people give up when trying to play him.

Yoshi is a moderate character, I won't call him really good because he's not. The thing is with Yoshi, it's not gonna be a Yoshi mainer that does the best with him, it's gonna be someone that has gone as far as they can as a player.

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
omg its ussi =O

yoshi going down... to many sonic mains <.<
of course all us yoshi's dont think he deserves it, but last on f tier... that worst then g tier.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'm picking up yoshi, I think he's completely tourney viable.

btw how heavy is yoshi?

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: He's not as heavy as he used to be, unfortunately.

I think he's in the top ten heaviest still, but he's lost a lot of weight compared to his older counterparts.

P.S. - DUDE MMAC WTF POSTING RIGHT WHEN I DO TALK ABOUT RUDE GOSH

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I don't like tiers and for the most part I ignore them. I think Yoshi is fine where he is I would like for him to be moved up but it doesn't matter much because people will keep discussing and discussing and will never get one solid list. Until like 2 or 3 years into the game we won't know a good placement so we just need to wait and see

bigman40

Smash Master
Well main problems are half of the Yoshi mains do not go to tournaments. That hurts us alot. Because if we Yoshi had loads of reps doing as good as Bwett, Stocky, Lil'b, etc. He'd be recognized more. Look at Ganon for instance, he has some insane players, Koskinator, yet he;s still on the bottom. If more people repped him and were as good as Kosk he'd be higher probably.

Also, same thing with ZSS, Yoshi has a large learning curve. It takes a good while to learn how to play him in all situations properly. Thus people give up when trying to play him.

Yoshi is a moderate character, I won't call him really good because he's not. The thing is with Yoshi, it's not gonna be a Yoshi mainer that does the best with him, it's gonna be someone that has gone as far as they can as a player.
Wouldn't that be the same as any character then? The player takes every character to new limits, hence the reason why potential is shown.

Airborne

Smash Lord
gah this blows....
most characters you can only find one person that's good with them, and with yoshi you have:
Green Ace
Scatz
Bwett
Burntsocks
Poltergust
Mr. Clutch (even though he kinda seconds him now.... or put him on the bench....)
Shiri
Lil B
Mmac
Chaco
.......get the point?!
Edit: Sorry if I forgot anyone else.... and these are the first ones to come to my mind.... I know it's tourny results... idc

Chaco

Never Logs In
Clutch stopped playing Yoshi and went to main Wario, and Chaco secondaries Yoshi.
Yeah, I haven't played him competitively since November.

Edit: @Scat: No not exactly, what I'm meaning is we will have already furthered the metagame it's just that after that when we're still not doing loads better someone like Azen plays him, and wins. Lil'b played Azen's Yoshi, and if I remember right got beat by it.

D

Deleted member

You copied my thing i wrote in the backroom you **** XD

JOE!

Smash Hero
Yoshi is as heavy as Wario i think

i really dont understand how he went down, I thought it was unanimous accross the boards that Yoshi was the most likley to move up o.O

Tidycats29

Smash Cadet
NNID
supadino007
Switch FC
4953-1106-1226
bleh its ridiculous really
putting yoshi lower

but meh i suppose tourney results are hurting here

im the only main here in PR
thats how popular he is here sadly

ColinJF

Smash Ace
Yoshi is as heavy as Wario i think
Yoshi and Wario are tied for eighth highest launch resistance ("weight"), but Yoshi's top fall speed and fall speed acceleration are both worse than Wario's, so his vertical survivability is worse. I don't have numbers for horizontal air speed and horizontal acceleration so I can't comment on horizontal survivability.

Sharky

Smash Master
Yoshi's max horizontal speed is the best in the game, I don't know about his acceleration, however.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Well Matt, Yoshi's horizontal air speed as you're referring to it is player-induced.

The air speed that blue-named dude is referring to is what Melee referred to as "weight" or horizontal knockback. They're in two different realms of motion, I think. I know that player-induced aerial speed is not momentum-driven like it was in Melee, but I hope for the sake of physicists and mathematicians everywhere that this engine's interpretation of knockback doesn't run on player-induced speed. That would suck pretty bad.

ColinJF

Smash Ace
Well, it does.

After you use an aerial to break out of hitstun, when you hold toward the stage, your player-induced horizontal air speed decreases your horizontal knockback, analogously to fall speed decreasing your vertical knockback.

bigman40

Smash Master
:yoshi: Well Matt, Yoshi's horizontal air speed as you're referring to it is player-induced.

The air speed that blue-named dude is referring to is what Melee referred to as "weight" or horizontal knockback. They're in two different realms of motion, I think. I know that player-induced aerial speed is not momentum-driven like it was in Melee, but I hope for the sake of physicists and mathematicians everywhere that this engine's interpretation of knockback doesn't run on player-induced speed. That would suck pretty bad.
It probably does >_>

10fails

Top Bottom