• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Har, I actually chuckled at the image.

Anyways, LSC Championships is this saturday for TX. I believe Yosh FTP (alejandro etc.) Polt and I will be here maybe one or two others from Fort worth and other places.
So until that huge tournament happens, everyone who hasn't already post your results that haven't been posted in the past few weeks since the last update.

This thread may not be important for now, but sooner or later it'll have a meaning to something. Like how I always have an image to reference some conversation in the Skype chat. /troll
I won't be there. 10 hours is too far for me to travel, and Kirby wasn't able to get off work, so without splitting the gas costs (and with the solid fact that I'm not gonna place in the money because I'm being realistic), I can't just fork over that much money.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Actually Slush, I will not be in attendance for this weekend's big circuit event. :( Some of the other players from Amarillo/Lubbock will be there though. :bee: You may say their Yoshi mu experience could be above average. ;)

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Ugggg, I guess only Polt and I... Wish us luck. There's a stream for the tournament, but I think the first thing we're gonna do is singles and around the middle of the tournament, the hyped $100 MM between Razer and Dabuz.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
I've still got my money on Razor. The way I've seen him play against Denti and Rich Brown is scary. I know Dabuz is better, but I guess we'll see what happens.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
^Hey sharky, we can have that food MM, at apex if you wanna... as for Yoshi, i may/may not.. be playing him anymore anyway....

way too many haters for me... I thought i was doing something helpful for the yoshi community (melee) to push yoshi, to heights familiar with what fumi accomplished, however, it's only been drama for me... not to mention nearly every yoshi melee player despises me, or something.. idk...

I'm going to become a Roy player now... i've dedicated to it... and hopefully they welcome me ya know?

as for brawl, I gave yoshi a shot you guys.. i watched many of you... I just don't feel i can do it.. the game is too different from melee, it's tough for me to adjust...

all the yoshi fans, though.. i appreciate everything, you may/may not have done for me...

I'm still unsure if anyone has linked "eggstinction" to all is brawl yet.... but i'd still at least like that done for me..... i most likely, will be removing it from my cpu, so just in case i get tempted... it'd be nice to see a few more times... idk

"sigh" sad times... :( Roy's our boy i suppose...

Sorry again, for the :(....

in other news, I wish you brawlers the best.. BRING YOSHI TO THE TOP!! <3

Scatz

Smash Champion
If you were really dedicated, you wouldn't care about the haters. They should fuel your determination to strive for perfection. Whether the melee Yoshis hate you is not where I can make any justifications, but I've seen a few things that you've done, and I think you helped the boards out a lot (techskill wise and being as active as possible).

As for switching from Melee Yoshi to Brawl Yoshi, it definitely will take time to get used to that. I almost dropped him when the game came out cause I didn't like the changes, but I stuck with it, and he's pretty much my best character.

It's your choice, but I just wanted to least say what I wanted to say. Good luck in whatever character you choose to do, and remember that you're always welcome here.

Depster

Smash Champion
^Hey sharky, we can have that food MM, at apex if you wanna... as for Yoshi, i may/may not.. be playing him anymore anyway....

way too many haters for me... I thought i was doing something helpful for the yoshi community (melee) to push yoshi, to heights familiar with what fumi accomplished, however, it's only been drama for me... not to mention nearly every yoshi melee player despises me, or something.. idk...

I'm going to become a Roy player now... i've dedicated to it... and hopefully they welcome me ya know?

as for brawl, I gave yoshi a shot you guys.. i watched many of you... I just don't feel i can do it.. the game is too different from melee, it's tough for me to adjust...

all the yoshi fans, though.. i appreciate everything, you may/may not have done for me...

I'm still unsure if anyone has linked "eggstinction" to all is brawl yet.... but i'd still at least like that done for me..... i most likely, will be removing it from my cpu, so just in case i get tempted... it'd be nice to see a few more times... idk

"sigh" sad times... :( Roy's our boy i suppose...

Sorry again, for the :(....

in other news, I wish you brawlers the best.. BRING YOSHI TO THE TOP!! <3
Screw them dude, you ARE Melee Yoshi.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
V3ctorman, you will still be remembered as that Yoshi player regardless of switching characters. Take a deep breath and say, "Haters gonna hate!"

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Oh wow, I was busy yesterday and didn't get to see it. I guess I have to eat my words then =b Now I wanna see those matches...

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
V3ctorman, you will still be remembered as that Yoshi player regardless of switching characters. Take a deep breath and say, "Haters gonna hate!"
This.

Took me a while to get used to that "LOLYOSHI" attitude other people tend to play, but seeing people's faces when I can do well with him is so satisfying.

Of course, when I win with him, it's even better, lol.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
My mommy said.
I can't... Go to another tourney till January.
Cause of the holidays. Blah.

Also there's been only 9 tournament wins listed in this thread.
Which is since 08.
Let's do work yoshis!

:phone:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
If I wanted to go back and find the results of a noobish Play n Trade tournament, we could have another 1st place ranking, but I didnt find it important enough to post here lol.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Ha, I've got *counts* 11 tourney wins unless I'm forgetting one of 'em. They're just low turn-out/local tournaments with like 10 people max, so there's no point in posting them here. There was also the tourney I won at Anthrocon last summer (1st out of 64!!!) =b

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well I do have a couple 4thish place tournaments out of 20ish people that Im just waiting for results to be posted on.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Nice job at the LSC Dakpo. Wish that I could have showed up to it since I haven't played you since WHobo2, but 10 hours was too far for me to go by myself (since everyone else in Arkansas bailed on me... - including Johr who's my roommate now if you remember him).

Top Bottom