• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I hope you didn't watch my old videos. I mighta bored you to death. @_@

You might wanna ask CelestialMarauder (Celes) about AiB. I'm not too familiar with it myself; I really prefer SWF. I'll take a look right now though to see what I can figure out.

Edit: After a bit of looking, I found this: http://allisbrawl.com/forum/forum.aspx?fid=95 forum, which is where combo videos go. I didn't see anything about a competition though.
Haha, oh cool, well yeah if that's the link, I just need "eggstinction" thread to be linked there... as well... The competition doesn't go through that site.. it goes through SWF, I just figured it would be a good idea to post it there, to help get the video some views and hopefully some votes.. <3

I'm a scrubby and don't know who vectorman is. Hello Mr game and watch. ^^ I play a Yoshi in melee actually. n_n' He's fun ^^

:phone:
He's a godlike Melee Yoshi player.
Haha, I appreciate the comment...^^ Tryna get better, always am.. You're too kind thanks for the support.. ^^

Yeah sorry to ask again, but yeah if anyone can link that combo video for me.. or make a new thread... whichever's easier i'd love it ^^

EDIT: As for whom I watched, I'd have to rewatch, I watched a few matches... vs players... Seems Yoshi is tough to use in Brawl as well... but no worries....

I have faith in all of you! ^^

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yoshi has a pretty insane learning curve in Brawl, arguably the highest and if not at least top 5.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Haha, oh cool, well yeah if that's the link, I just need "eggstinction" thread to be linked there... as well... The competition doesn't go through that site.. it goes through SWF, I just figured it would be a good idea to post it there, to help get the video some views and hopefully some votes.. <3
Ahhhhhhh, okay. I'll put it up there then.

EDIT: Actually, could you link me to the competition thread so I can put it on AiB too?

Yoshi has a pretty insane learning curve in Brawl, arguably the highest and if not at least top 5.
Iunno, I fell into Yoshi pretty easily. I think the idea behind him (or my idea of him, anyways) is basically a direct counter game, as in having X directly beat Y head on. I actually really like that sort of play, so I love playing as Yoshi.

D

Deleted member

Nobody in brawl has an insane learning curve. Some matchups are harder to learn than others.

Nordal

Smash Lord
Pikachu, Peach, and Yoshi all have probably the highest "learning curve". The biggest learning curve is becoming a not bad player.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
When you all mentioned a steep learning curve I assume you're talking about becoming good as in winning with Yoshi right or just knowing how to perform every AT he's got on command?

Airborne

Smash Lord
When you all mentioned a steep learning curve I assume you're talking about becoming good as in winning with Yoshi right or just knowing how to perform every AT he's got on command?
Those two almost compliment each other, if you're talking about winning money at a National. There's quite a few useless AT's though (in before Egg Roll Canceled ledge grab).

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
ICs are hard if you lack tech skill.

Yoshi's hard if you're used to relying on basic things (like being able to actually use your shield and not be completely useless inside of it).

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
ICies are hard if your not frame perfect.

Desynchs just take practice.

CGs take alot of practice.
Desynch trapping someone into a CG into a loss of stock... You have to be Vinnie or lain or Esam.

I don't think smoom desynchs much, but he has good CGs.

:phone:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Good stuff Yika, way to rep the lil green dino/dragon/lizard/reptile thing.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Canonically, he was originally a Dragon from Yoshi's Island with some residing on Dinosaur Island, but tbh Im not really sure anymore.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I think he's considered more of a Dinosaur now, but ORIGINALLY, he was a dragon. Then again, originally Brido was a cross dressing guy, so it's not like them changing something like that is out of the question, but everywhere I look now indicates he's a dinosaur, so Imma say that's what he is.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
It's definitely implied with the wings + fire breath (even if he needed shells to do that in SMW), but I've just never seen the word "dragon" associated with him other than his final smash in Brawl. I still claim that Yoshi's a Pokemon. I mean, he says his name over and over, and he's got moves that resemble a lot of Pokemon moves: roll-out, headbutt, skull bash, egg-bomb, tail-whip, iron-tail. And then add the final smash stuff in there and he's got like flamethrower, wing attack, fly, etc...

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
For why I haven't been updating, i'm kinda waiting till the Championships for the LSC starts, Which'll be in 2 weeks. This is gonna be a big event and I expect atleast 5 of us here dammit!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I took 1st out of 11 at a scrubby Play n Trade tournament.

The 3 stocks I did in grand finals were glorious.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Ha, we've all been there before. Feels uplifting to be at a level so far above the rest, but I die at the thought of being at the bottom of the food chain at national tournaments.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I dont feel bottom of the food chain at nationals, more like middle.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Har, I actually chuckled at the image.

Anyways, LSC Championships is this saturday for TX. I believe Yosh FTP (alejandro etc.) Polt and I will be here maybe one or two others from Fort worth and other places.
So until that huge tournament happens, everyone who hasn't already post your results that haven't been posted in the past few weeks since the last update.

This thread may not be important for now, but sooner or later it'll have a meaning to something. Like how I always have an image to reference some conversation in the Skype chat. /troll

Top Bottom