• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Updates Include

E4H: Phoeb
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=12453
(08/13/11)
5th out of 20
Yoshiken

Ogre Smash 4
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311000
(09/17/11)
3rd out of 21
hadesblade

ARK IV
http://www.arfgn.com/
(09/17/11)
5th out of 18
YOSH

KOTC Trifecta 2
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=312328
(10/08/11)
13th out of 42
Raptr

DMT #11
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=13565291#post13565291
(10/22/11)
9th out of 23
FTP

Let's do this #1
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13596682&postcount=687
(10/29/12)
4th out of 41
Yikarur

Psycho Crusher
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=313824
(11/05/11)
4th out of 12
Yoshiken

BC Brawl Monthly VI
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=314125
(11/12/11)
2nd out of 11
Firefly/Yum!~

KOTC: The Finale
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=314163
(11/12/11)
5th out of 18
Raptr

Lone Star Circuit Championships!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=314162
(11/12/11)
49th out of 70
Slush
As usual post any tournament results I missed.

Not sure if the same thing is repeating like last year for me, but it seems I start getting into bad slumps around this time.
And not sure if this is correct or not, but while the bracket was being made in Tio pro, it crashed so they switched to Regular tio and alot of people (Including me) wasn't even put in bracket unless we actually went up there by chance to see who we play only for them to realize we're not even put in the new bracket.
So basically I was most likely seeded badly, put up against a Viable kirby main and eventually lost to MK in losers.
From what I saw in the crashed bracket I was supposed to play I believe a snake and then dabunz 2nd round of winners, but cause of that crash it was remade and some of us got bracket ***** at this tournament.

Hopefully the next SA tournament we have next month I don't get another low placing, otherwise the slump I had last year really is returning.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Pools is always better imo, even if you still have a 70+ player bracket afterwards, makes the seeding a lot more fair and balanced.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I don't run tournaments, so not sure.
But I will say my carpool had to leave at exactly 12 AM and that was once AM bracket was done, Pro bracket was just starting with only two or three matches being played while the $100 MM was already over.
So I think pools would've been much quicker/A better chance for a higher placing... Oh well, can't change the past anyways.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Pools are better if they're done correctly. Having 7-10 people in one pool where only top 3 get out is absolutely ********. Using pools to seed people and to get the absolute scrubs out of the main bracket is the way to go.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Hey, I've got the same salt. It happened to me at WHobo 2 and WHobo 3. Got in a pool with like 8+ people and I got 4th because there are 2 "top" seeds that will get out no problem and the rest of us have to fight for that last spot, and if you get ONE person in your pool that's good, or that the TO didn't realize is really good (I had Vinnie, Zeton, KPrime, Razer and Neon in my pool), you get screwed.

Depster

Smash Champion
Wow, what a death pool! Lol, Zeton vs. KPrime was so good... I feel for you though, and it really doesn't help that he was playing me like every week before going to Whobo =p

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Wow, what a death pool! Lol, Zeton vs. KPrime was so good... I feel for you though, and it really doesn't help that he was playing me like every week before going to Whobo =p
Ha, yeah, the whole time I was playing him, he was saying, "Everything you're doing would work on EVERY OTHER FOX but me since I've had so much Yoshi experience." I blame you Depster!!!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I lost to Trevote. I remembered being pissed cuz I shouldve won, but lame stage shenanigans saved him from his death and he usmashed me >.>

D

Deleted member

no you should've lost, thats why you lost.
Slush losing to no top players isnt bracket *****. Winnable, tough matches=/= bracket *****. Bracket ***** would be getting top players early. Or getting double lucarios :D That happened to me once =]

Polt is a beast, took first game off tearbear on BF. Very impressive. Maybe i just suck at BF but i have trouble with good Mks there.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Unless I missed A recent post saying I was bracket *****, I did not type I was bracket *****. I typed Some of us were, I wasn't one of them but the kirby I did play is currently the main topic for being 1st best.
And he did beat some notable people now that I think about it. (Wasn't there for pro bracket since I had to leave early with the carpool)

D

Deleted member

I know falln, hes like my twin xD
Hes from the same city as me and we look very similar haha
Yes he did do very well I think he got much better. Just checked he actually beats lots of good people now xD

But i wouldnt say playing against kirby is ever bracket ***** xD Tough matches are supposed to happen early if you are unseeded.
And ok i misunderstood i thought you were complaining :p

Slumps are all in your head, you just need to get a few decent wins and get some momentum

D

Deleted member

You didnt gimp him, he landed on the ghost. You almost gimped him x.X
Tripping or like controller failure would really be the only reason you shouldve won.
but it doesnt really matter lol.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You didnt gimp him, he landed on the ghost. You almost gimped him x.X
Tripping or like controller failure would really be the only reason you shouldve won.
but it doesnt really matter lol.
I was on the ledge because I ledge hogged him, and just before he was in the bubble going offscreen at the bottom, FWOOSH, support ghost. What am I even supposed to do about that?

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
You call the ghost some not-kid-friendly word and shrug it off and beat him outright.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Have good reaction time, notice this before he does, let go of edge and DJ Uair him while he's still just figuring out he was still alive instead of dead.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Dude, even he thought he was dead, he was about to put his controller down.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
It's happened to me WAY too many times. I've got enough matches saved where I can make a large compilation video and I could call it "Why I hate the ghost on Yoshi's Island"

Depster

Smash Champion
Yeah I definitely like the ghost more than hate him. Also, I think he aids Yoshi more than other characters and is somewhat predictable.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
That ghost is part of the stage. We all know it can randomly pop up. That's why you gotta be ready for anything.

And I think the ghost has saved me once. He doesn't like me too much.

:phone:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The ghost has killed me before. Was Lucas and I did my up b, then it sent me flying up and made me miss myself, so my opponent killed me while I was still vulnerable :<

Nordal

Smash Lord
I'm literally talking to Trevonte right now (roommate) and he says he never played a yoshi on YI. He said he 2-0'd the one yoshi he played in pools and said he destroyed him, soooooo yeah.

Nordal

Smash Lord
He actually cared enough to look up his pool from genesis. He 2-0'd everyone but Krystedez, and got counterpicked by Zz to rainbow cruise.

GOAT22

Smash Cadet
Im Trevonte and im pretty sure our set didnt even go to game 3 fluttershy... If I recall correctly, You cpd me to RC and I 2stocked you. I think the first game I 3 stocked you or something to that extent. You must have played another fox or something at that tourney lmao. And just for reference,

Trevonte Z'zgashi Alpha Explosives Punishment Divine ~Kyte Krystedez
Trevonte 2-0 2-0 2-0 2-0 0-2
Z'zgashi 0-2 2-0 1-2 0-2 0-2
Alpha Explosives 0-2 0-2 0-2 0-2 0-2
Punishment Divine 0-2 2-1 2-0 2-0 0-2
~Kyte 0-2 2-0 2-0 0-2 0-2
Krystedez 2-0 2-0 2-0 2-0 2-0

1. Krystedez
2. Trevonte
3. Punishment Divine
4. ~Kyte
5. Z'zgashi
6. Alpha Explosives

Looks ugly but you can tell pretty clearly the results of the pool..

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Brawl It Out! - East Northport, NY
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=314443
(11-19-11)
5th of 14
Raptr

This was a PnT... Leave it to NY to have a PnT tournament with like no randoms. Instead we have people like Vinnie, Dabuz, Will, KirinBlaze, PD( Punishment Divine), MintyFlesh. Also, the guy actually lets us bring our own tv's instead of using their laggy hd's and pays out in cash instead of store credit. Love my state xD

Edit in response to the previous posts: WELP

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
LOL, Trevonte, you didnt ONCE 2 stock me, they were all 1 stocks, but you did 2-0 me in pools. HOWEVER, I later MM'd you and lost 2-1 cuz I won game 1, and when game 3 came along, it was my CP and I went to Yoshi's Island.

ANYWAY, just placed 4th in a tournament today, Ill post results of all my past 3 or so tomorrow probably.

GOAT22

Smash Cadet
I didnt play you in a MM lol. I think you are mistaken me for someone else. I distinctly remember who I challenged and took money from and it wasnt you...

Top Bottom