• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Uh...I find Yoshi a lower mid tier, I don't fully understand his flaws that make him lower tier, he seems....sorta good to me (heavy, air mobility, aerials, hard to gimp, decent top tier matchups) I know some of his flaws are bad shield, not great at killing, lousy specials...

Anyone care to enlighten me on why he sucks so much?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
It's primarily his shield and OoS options that make him bad, although I suppose tournament results and lack of advantageous match-ups (he has quite a few neutrals and no terrible match-ups, but he just doesn't have a lot of good match-ups :ohwell:) are also the reason as to why he's so low.

Oh, and only his Egg Roll is a lousy special.

:069:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Lack of OoS is a HUGE problem. I feel so much more comfortable shielding when I'm playing as any other character because I can get out of my shield so much easier. @_@

He's also got an exploitable blindspot on his nose, which sucks. =[

The match ups are another reason. He does decently all throughout. He has NOTHING unwinnable. No ****/get ***** MUs. Honestly, I don't feel he should be as low as he is now if his MUs are really as decent as we've been seeing them. He theoretically CAN win without a secondary, it's just very difficult. Which is why I see him a lower mid tier character.

But that's just me. =/

Metatitan

Smash Master
It's primarily his shield and OoS options that make him bad, although I suppose tournament results and lack of advantageous match-ups (he has quite a few neutrals and no terrible match-ups, but he just doesn't have a lot of good match-ups :ohwell:) are also the reason as to why he's so low.

Oh, and only his Egg Roll is a lousy special.

:069:
His shield, blindspot, and really just average moveset are what make him so bad. With a good shield he'd be bottom of mid tier. He has killing issues and a blindspot so big that I can't believe people haven't exploited it yet. A lot of yoshi's matchups are probably terrible, people just haven't learned him yet (I haven't learned the matchup perfectly but at least I have an idea of it).

Yikarur

Smash Master
Egg roll is the strongest move in the game D: !!

I want to become Smash Researcher!!! :0 Does anyone has an idea how to become one? xDD

.Marik

is a social misfit
Egg roll is the strongest move in the game D: !!

I want to become Smash Researcher!!! :0 Does anyone has an idea how to become one? xDD
User CP> Group Memberships> Apply.

And Yoshi is a Low-Tier character, primarily because of his mediocre killing power, horrible matchups, and his lack of any OoS options.

Plus, the blindspot as some other people have already mentioned.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Uh...I find Yoshi a lower mid tier, I don't fully understand his flaws that make him lower tier, he seems....sorta good to me (heavy, air mobility, aerials, hard to gimp, decent top tier matchups) I know some of his flaws are bad shield, not great at killing, lousy specials...

Anyone care to enlighten me on why he sucks so much?
Yoshi sucks

hes like bottom tier above like ganon and jiggs :D

Yikarur

Smash Master
Yoshi is one of the most predictable characters in the game.

Conversation with one of my crewmates:

"Everyone say I'm predicable with Yoshi :("
"Yeah you're really kinda predicable"
"I KNOW but I'm Yoshi what should I do???"

well that was a few month ago xD

If you mix up your DR Options you can reduce you're predictability xD

Yikarur

Smash Master
Maining Meta Knight has a lot of advantages! :p

but we love Yoshi <3! and nobody can take my love away from him D:

.Marik

is a social misfit
MetaKnight is boring as hell to use.

Agreed with the second sentence of Yikarur's post. <3

Plus, nothing beats seeing the stunned expression of Smashers when you **** them with Low-Tier characters. :D

Sh*t is hilarious and completely makes my day.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I'm just dying to post that picture of Popo and Nana that's included in Nasir's signature.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Predictability lies within the players, not the characters. >=[

But really, Yoshi is just too awesome NOT to use.
Players can mix it up, however only to a certain degree.

Yoshi doesn't have as many options and tools to be unpredictable as say, other characters.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Predictability lies within the players, not the characters. >=[

But really, Yoshi is just too awesome NOT to use.
thats right to a degree

yoshi is a very one dimensional character so he only can be played like one way at a high level. His mix ups are limited, everything about yoshi is limited

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
thats right to a degree

yoshi is a very one dimensional character so he only can be played like one way at a high level. His mix ups are limited, everything about yoshi is limited
I had a coughing fit when I read this post.

Erm, anyways, I swear I just said that was true. Like, when Marik said it.

YGD is srs bznz. :D

Top Bottom