• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Noobicidal

Smash Master
That's right to a degree.

Yoshi is a very one-dimensional character, in which he only can be played a certain way at a competitive level. His mix ups are limited; one could say that EVERYTHING about Yoshi is limited.
I know that you weren't being serious.

I just like correcting the stupid posts of others. :D
I enjoy doing that as well!

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Two days without a response for a social thread? Posers.

The Jiggs were dead before it was cool.

Depster

Smash Champion
Dude what we need are some new techs or something, but I'm starting to worry that brawl is almost done >_>

bigman40

Smash Master
Boost? He's not about to get super broken/easy **** like Snake and MK get. The little **** he already has takes practice and people are already too **** lazy to even try. All I hear are excuses about why people don't use certain ****. For the most part, Yoshi is done cause no one in the community puts the effort out to find ****. Just go take the easy route.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Boost? He's not about to get super broken/easy **** like Snake and MK get. The little **** he already has takes practice and people are already too **** lazy to even try. All I hear are excuses about why people don't use certain ****. For the most part, Yoshi is done cause no one in the community puts the effort out to find ****. Just go take the easy route.
Easy route is better just to let you know. Then it takes less time to get better with the char

why waste your time getting good with a low tier while you can use a high or top tier char and get good with that char a lot faster and have better MUs and such

Yoshi just doesn't have a lot of useful **** to improve on

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Serious business is what makes real social threads.

Social threads with spam and random sh*t is a waste of time.

bigman40

Smash Master
Easy route is better just to let you know. Then it takes less time to get better with the char

why waste your time getting good with a low tier while you can use a high or top tier char and get good with that char a lot faster and have better MUs and such

Yoshi just doesn't have a lot of useful **** to improve on
Already knew about that since I've done a lot of easy routes in my life already. Your mentality speaks of nothing but the play to win definition from Sirlin, and not everyone has that mentality as what you have. While we want to win tourneys and ****, we still want to stick to the character that made us play the game in the first place. You get good with a top/high tier character. So what? Now you have to fight lots of ****ing dittos and boring **** that makes playing this game uninteresting. Yeah, I know that by Sirlin's standards I'm a scrub hindering myself to play with Yoshi, but I'll play him as long as I enjoy playing him and make him seem like he's a great character even though he sucks.

As for the useful stuff he has, THAT'S THE COMPLETE POINT AS TO WHY HE'S NOT THAT GOOD IN THE FIRST PLACE. If he had useful **** to use, then he'd be better overall no? Take the not-as-useful **** and make it useful, even if it's by a little. It will at least get you further than where you are now.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Already knew about that since I've done a lot of easy routes in my life already. Your mentality speaks of nothing but the play to win definition from Sirlin, and not everyone has that mentality as what you have. While we want to win tourneys and ****, we still want to stick to the character that made us play the game in the first place. You get good with a top/high tier character. So what? Now you have to fight lots of ****ing dittos and boring **** that makes playing this game uninteresting. Yeah, I know that by Sirlin's standards I'm a scrub hindering myself to play with Yoshi, but I'll play him as long as I enjoy playing him and make him seem like he's a great character even though he sucks.

As for the useful stuff he has, THAT'S THE COMPLETE POINT AS TO WHY HE'S NOT THAT GOOD IN THE FIRST PLACE. If he had useful **** to use, then he'd be better overall no? Take the not-as-useful **** and make it useful, even if it's by a little. It will at least get you further than where you are now.
You split main pikachu, just like me so don't even go there. Dittos are really uncommon btw, unless its mk. I seriously doubt that unless you go to the midwest where there's anther, kyoshi, and stealth that you'll ever have to do a ditto. You actually have a better chance of running into a yoshi ditto than pikachu ditto just cuz yoshi is actually popular among scrubs.

bigman40

Smash Master
You split main pikachu, just like me so don't even go there. Dittos are really uncommon btw, unless its mk. I seriously doubt that unless you go to the midwest where there's anther, kyoshi, and stealth that you'll ever have to do a ditto. You actually have a better chance of running into a yoshi ditto than pikachu ditto just cuz yoshi is actually popular among scrubs.
I picked up pikachu cause I enjoy playing him. Also, I can go there cause I still main Yoshi unlike you (Pika/Peach main).

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: As a third party, I'm just gonna say that I think you two are missing each other by a country mile.

As for Lil' B, of course taking the easy route is better in the short term. However, your weaknesses with a character you don't particularly study or care about come into harsh light because taking the easy route means lots of OTHER people are also taking the easy route and them taking that route for reasons that may attach them to the character on deeper levels of understanding give them an edge on you. For instance, I play Malcolm on WiFi every now and then. If I want to make a match close, regardless of who wins, I'll pick characters I'm good with. If I want to get embarrassed, I'll pick Meta Knight. I love my Meta Knight to bits and he is fun for me, but his circumstances make it a really bad choice for me and show my shortcomings for that particular character in a matchup that's much better than the ones I'd usually play him in. I think that has some weight to consider.

As for Bigz, of course not taking the easy route gets you more involved in different aspects of the game, and staying interested in the character is good too, and making sure we don't enter a tournament filled with dittos and one-off matches (i.e.; MK dittos then MK v. Snake, etc.) is optimal, but I think another main reason to stick with a character besides honor and novelty is to actually make the character better. While all these characters come out of the box better than others in various areas, there is a certain margin for us as players to develop that character (people mostly misnomer this as "potential" but you can see what I'm saying). I think the best example in the past two years from every fighter I've played are Sonic (SSB:Brawl) and Ken (Street Fighter 4)--I tried to think of some other off-kilter games, but no characters I can think of have made the leaps that these two have. JP players have marked Ken as an great pick in team tournaments and he has evolved from the WiFi scrub character into a legitimate combo machine. Don't even get me started on Sonic players--they've boosted their character straight out of low tier tournaments where all the money was practically free for them!

So yeah, I started this post thinking that you each meant to say something that you never said, but I actually realized it was just what I wanted to see you say, but didn't see, so I decided to post what I thought you should have said, but decided to say myself because I like posting on SWF.

bigman40

Smash Master
I should've known Shiri was gonna correct me for leaving my post too open-ended. I got lazy after writing that and left out important info that you stated. Thanks for the clear up.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: AMAI ZO! BIIIIIIIIIIIGGUMANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN~ :D

Nah, but fo 'reelz, I see what you two were saying, I just was having some thoughts of my own and wanted to post them for some reason.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
To tell you the truth, I'm conflicted myself. I mean, I really, really like Yoshi, which is why I've been maining him for over a year. However, I find myself playing Diddy more often. Not only do I also find him fun, but I also believe that I could do better with him than I can with Yoshi (for obvious reasons). I mean, I really want to become recognized and respected, and I may have to sacrifice Yoshi in order to do so.

Still, to put all of that experience behind with Yoshi is so hard to bear. I'm not sure what to do. :(

:069:

SOVAman

Smash Hero

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGh4ZU4H5Hk

:yoshi: As a third party, I'm just gonna say that I think you two are missing each other by a country mile.

As for Lil' B, of course taking the easy route is better in the short term. However, your weaknesses with a character you don't particularly study or care about come into harsh light because taking the easy route means lots of OTHER people are also taking the easy route and them taking that route for reasons that may attach them to the character on deeper levels of understanding give them an edge on you. For instance, I play Malcolm on WiFi every now and then. If I want to make a match close, regardless of who wins, I'll pick characters I'm good with. If I want to get embarrassed, I'll pick Meta Knight. I love my Meta Knight to bits and he is fun for me, but his circumstances make it a really bad choice for me and show my shortcomings for that particular character in a matchup that's much better than the ones I'd usually play him in. I think that has some weight to consider.
When I first decided to main mk I was already getting better as a player. And when I first picked him up I still went yoshi most of the time. But I kept on playing him and now my mk is defiantly better then my yoshi . And I am starting to get a lot of knowledge for the character and fell really strongly that my mk is better than my yoshi. When I play people on wifi or tourney or irl recently I always do better with my mk then my yoshi. Yes ino almost everything there is to know about yoshi but now that I have been playing mk for a while I feel more comfortable with mk and feel ino a lot about that character now too. That is mainly why it took me a long time to make the transition to main mk cuz I wanted to make sure I was just as or better (better now) then my yoshi.

So if you want to put the time in to the character you can easily switch mains. But obviously it doesn't happen over night

auroreon

Smash Ace

Best post I've ever seen in this thread.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
:yoshi: Is it me or did the boards' text get randomly...larger. o_o
I'm having the same thing happen to me. I thought it was just because i accidently zoomed in, and then when I zoomed out it didn't fix it...

AND OMG I MISSED MY 250TH POST TOO /RAGE

bigman40

Smash Master
Way to notice slow ppl. They took out all the other skins that people could choose yesterday (so this is the only available skin), and then made it bigger so people could read it.

Metatitan

Smash Master
I think its funny how I have almost every peach main on aim and only two yoshi mains on aim :x

OctilleryClinton

Hit me up if you want to

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I think its funny how I have almost every peach main on aim and only two yoshi mains on aim :x

OctilleryClinton

Hit me up if you want to
What the hell is OctilleryClinton? @_@

My AIM is, you guessed it, Deltacod. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee

Also, my first reason for coming into this thread was mentioning the text. Looks like I got home late.

Top Bottom