• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well there wasnt really anything for me to say other than I disagree and that good Samus players can and will punish your landings when you made it sound like we can just jump around freely and then go back whenever we please. I mean, the only real difference I can see between your opinion and mine is how much damage Samus can milk out of camping lol. While from what Im seeing from you Im assuming you dont think Samus will get any more than 40, MAYBE 50% before we can get in, whereas I think Samus can easily get that and even a bit more. I also disagree with you saying its easy to juggle Samus. While yes, juggling Samus is easy from a 'keep her in the air' standpoint, Samus can use her bombs and such to stay out of reach and go offstage where she can safely get to the ledge. At that point, all Samus needs to do is get up (albeit its not super easy, still not obscenely difficult though) and then the pattern starts all over again. Honestly, I think Samus can milk 50-70% off her camping before we get in, and when we DO get in I see us doing 40-50% before she resets into more damage. Keep that up and Samus us winning, however since she has a difficult time killing, I dont think she wins. And when you say 'just shield when you dont want to die', good Samus players know that, and I see players like Quik who know that people think that, and get grabs off simple landing punishes and reads and such, which are then followed up by something like a bair for kills. Samus isnt this optionless piece of crap character you make her out to be in this MU. While yes, shes bad, she actually has the options to deal with Yoshi so I think its even. Also, since I forgot to mention it, your part about us being able to approach from above, her uair beats everything we have when we're above her aside from a well aimed down b (and you dont need me to tell you thats not safe lol). We cant get in on Samus from above safely due to uair, and when you say we can get in on ground when shes in the air, you do know her rising AND falling zair will hit us when we run, AND that if they land with zair, which forces shield, sidestep, or roll, shes lagless and has ftilt/dash grab which are both fast enough to punish sidestep or forward roll, and has even more options on a plain shield right? Samus CAN and WILL trap you in your shield if you try to force your way in.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Oh hello Yoshis, it's good to see you all. :p
YINK!

Well there wasnt really anything for me to say other than I disagree and that good Samus players can and will punish your landings when you made it sound like we can just jump around freely and then go back whenever we please. I mean, the only real difference I can see between your opinion and mine is how much damage Samus can milk out of camping lol. While from what Im seeing from you Im assuming you dont think Samus will get any more than 40, MAYBE 50% before we can get in, whereas I think Samus can easily get that and even a bit more. I also disagree with you saying its easy to juggle Samus. While yes, juggling Samus is easy from a 'keep her in the air' standpoint, Samus can use her bombs and such to stay out of reach and go offstage where she can safely get to the ledge. At that point, all Samus needs to do is get up (albeit its not super easy, still not obscenely difficult though) and then the pattern starts all over again. Honestly, I think Samus can milk 50-70% off her camping before we get in, and when we DO get in I see us doing 40-50% before she resets into more damage. Keep that up and Samus us winning, however since she has a difficult time killing, I dont think she wins. And when you say 'just shield when you dont want to die', good Samus players know that, and I see players like Quik who know that people think that, and get grabs off simple landing punishes and reads and such, which are then followed up by something like a bair for kills. Samus isnt this optionless piece of crap character you make her out to be in this MU. While yes, shes bad, she actually has the options to deal with Yoshi so I think its even. Also, since I forgot to mention it, your part about us being able to approach from above, her uair beats everything we have when we're above her aside from a well aimed down b (and you dont need me to tell you thats not safe lol). We cant get in on Samus from above safely due to uair, and when you say we can get in on ground when shes in the air, you do know her rising AND falling zair will hit us when we run, AND that if they land with zair, which forces shield, sidestep, or roll, shes lagless and has ftilt/dash grab which are both fast enough to punish sidestep or forward roll, and has even more options on a plain shield right? Samus CAN and WILL trap you in your shield if you try to force your way in.
Holy wall of text.

Like, this actually makes me too lazy to reply well because it's a ****ing brick. Of words. x_x

I try not to say too much during MU discussions because that involves like, describing how a match plays out too much. It gets too theorycrafty.

Dealing with Samus' camping is like dealing with Wolf's camping. We can and should be able to dance around until we get an entry. Wolf is more threatening than her anyways.

On dealing with landing Zair: Just shield and learn to react to dash grab. It's not that hard. I can do it with Ganon of all people, so yeah. Alternatively, spotdodge early in anticipation, and then react to followups.

If she doesn't follow up, either continue holding shield or just drop it, whichever the situation calls for.

On Uair: SDI? Or airdodge. Both work. I don't think I ever specifically mentioned approaching directly from above in the way you're thinking, though... it's definitely not the best idea.

On Juggling: If you force her offstage, we can still chase her out there. Her Fair is kinda bad, and we don't really need to fear chasing her far out unless you're prone to getting hit by Dair, which you shouldn't be.

Scatz

Smash Champion
= OP

Also, speaking of Snowboarding, and the fact that this is the Yoshi boards... http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs14/f/2006/363/f/d/Time_for_snowboarding_by_Yosh_7.jpg
Godlike picture.

Would anyone be up for a Yoshi community combo video?

:phone:
If someone can actually get this one rolling lmao, sure. Just use w/e clips from the past (I'm sure they won't get old).

I've read that quote about 20 times in the past.
So...
HEEEEEY! Where you been?!

Yeah, Delta. I want to see those new replays of your current Yoshi. =[
Wednesday night to Thursday. I still have to log & capture them, then upload, and I normally upload when I'm sleeping. Far too busy to try tomorrow cause I have to edit videos from last weekend.

Oh hello Yoshis, it's good to see you all. :p
YIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINK!

Hi.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Wednesday night to Thursday. I still have to log & capture them, then upload, and I normally upload when I'm sleeping. Far too busy to try tomorrow cause I have to edit videos from last weekend.
You're the best!

Also, Gashi, I forgot to mention: I highly disagree with Samus earning 40-50% on average each time we need to approach.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
It's been a hot minute, Yoshi's.

I used to go by the name of Marik. If you don't know me, I wasn't very good at the game or at posting. So don't feel bad.

:yoshi:

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Wow Scatz that was a big welcome back from you LOL. Also: Snowboard Kids 2 > Snowboard Kids.

Scatz

Smash Champion
You're newer than the original group that started when Brawl came out. So not entirely a vet.

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
OK, i'm gonna grab some of my clips and put it up here, there's a lot of diddy+nanners stuff i guess...

@Scatz: idk, didnt have much time for smash/comm etc.
Hi, i'm back. :)

Top Bottom