• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Ey slush who r ur good wins in past 6 months out of curiosity. Counter troll i dig
G&W, how that possible to be bad at basketball when tall. Just grab ball and place it into hoop

:phone:
You can just check the Tournament Results thread and go back 6 months from this current month ya know...
APEX + These three below, have fun looking.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=314162
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=314819
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=319673

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
We're?
Anyways, No. That was around the point I was still taking month breaks and almost didn't care about the game solely cause of MK.
Surprise, surprise, MK knocked me out of bracket that tournament. That and it was a pretty tough championship anyways so it didn't matter how far I gotten either way.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Golf is very hard, but is not really athletic. It's very mentally tiring but I would not call it a very physical sport compared to most others

I meant for extended periods of time. The tours have it easy. You have to carry your clubs on your back as you walk (Tours have a caddy). It may not be for a short amount of time like other sports, but the physical aspect definitely plays a role later on in a tournament.

Not only that, but add in days where you have to make up due to inclement weather (In a few tourneys, I've had to do 36 rounds of golf with only 1 hour break in between in one day).

Depster

Smash Champion
After several hundred swings, you're pretty darn tired in golf lol

But dude! 6'6"? No good excuse for not being good when you're that tall =p
I'm 6'4" but I've been teaching myself to play like a SF so most of my points come off of driving now instead of post-ups. If only I had a decent 3-shot...

D

Deleted member

Slush I know your results I just want to hear what u would consider your best wins in tournament in the past 6
Months cuz im curious. 5 or 6 wins is all

Scatty carrying clubs on ur back is indeed tiring but not a particularly athletic endeavor. Which is how I would describe gol: hard, skillful but not particularly athletic

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
For the record, my statement about Tennis in relation to Volleyball comes from the fact that I can actually play Volleyball and that I suck *** at Tennis.

I can't play any sport that involves swinging objects except for baseball. Tennis/Golf swings confuse me.

I suck at baseball too though...

Scatz

Smash Champion
Lol call it what you want, but walking around with 14 clubs and golf balls (everything else has negligible weight) for 72 holes is tiring physically. Swinging hundreds of time adds to that. I'm not saying that it's identical to short-term athleticism; it's more for physical endurance.

D

Deleted member

I disagree, all sports have different kinds of endurance. I play soccer fr 5 minutes with my friends who are good and and I'm exhausted, yet if they wanna try playing tennis or doing interval training with me they get tired much quicker. Different sports train different types of endurance, one size doesn't fit all if u catch my drift.

Scatz

Smash Champion
So I gotta question: Which Yoshi's have done some form of sports? Name serious first then recreational ones separately.

I've done BBall, Football, Golf

Recreationally: Flag Football, Swimming, Track

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I played soccer through most of my life.

I did Basketball for one year. Hated it, never ended up getting good at it.

I played Baseball up until high school. I was always bad at it though. Except for one year where I magically started doing well. But after that year it all went downhill again.

I play Volleyball a lot when I can. I think it's a really fun sport, and I wish we had a boys' volleyball team here so I'd have had something to do in the winter.

D

Deleted member

I used to play basketball at a decent level.
Now i play tennis at a highish level year

Fkkk i got into good colleges and now i just failed a test xD

Sharky

Smash Master
competitively: swimming, crew
recreationally: water polo, freediving, soccer, baseball, capture the flag (old school tag style, no shooting, big local group does it in some woods in the area, mad fun =D)
out of necessity: biking -_-

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I played Soccer throughout most of grade school. (except when there was no local team, which was fairly often. Stupid hockey towns >.>) I also played Badminton for a few years in high school, and did cross country running/track and field for a few years around Junior high/early High school. I did fencing for a semester during my first year of University, but I bailed as soon as I got to the point where I'd have to buy my own equipment. :x I haven't been doing anything recently, because I don't have the motivation when I'm in school, and I cycle back and forth to work almost every day during the summer, so I feel OK using that as an excuse. >.>

:005:

Scatz

Smash Champion
I play Volleyball a lot when I can. I think it's a really fun sport, and I wish we had a boys' volleyball team here so I'd have had something to do in the winter.
I can kinda play volleyball. Though, I'm just purely casual about it lol. Sand in my eyes one time = hella bad night. :(

competitively: crew
Explain plz.

out of necessity: biking -_-
LOL. THOSE DAYS!!!

@Jake: NOT GOOD ENOUGH :mad:

Depster

Smash Champion
I played basketball on a school team up through last year. I almost decided to play ball for my college here, but the commitment is too much. I played football up through my sophomore year of high school, golf my last two years of high school and went to state as the 6th man of my team last year. Played baseball up through sophomore year.

I like soccer and tennis too, but never get the chance to play them seriously, although basketball is the only sport I really play anymore besides volleyball and tennis once every great while. I don't really like volleyball though...

EDIT: Hey Socks, check it out: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262480

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
I work at a golf park. Old people stretch for 10 mins to swing a stick. It's pretty amusing to watch.

Edit: Oh and sometimes they get these impossible shots with the ball going at a 45 degree angle backwards making it hit the glass window.

Edit: Oh and they sometimes ask me "How much does a 10 dollar shot card cost?"

Edit: Oh and they sometimes let go of the iron and hurt others

Edit: Oh they also ask over the phone "if I go over there will it start raining?"

Edit: Oh this one time this guy was confused as to why we didn't have a ping pong table in a golf park.

Edit: last one i promise. They also believe me when I tell them that if they beat the all time record of 17 for our 18 hole mini golf course they get money back.

Tl;dr golfers2gud

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I played Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, and Tennis as a kid, and I played Lacrosse and Football in High School, and also swam a lot (never on a swin team or anything, but i enjoyed it and went swimming a lot).

I also Golf with my dad/uncles/grandfather even though im terrible at it lol.

D

Deleted member

^ agreed its an aburd sport but to call it physically demanding is silly, carrying clubs is not an athletic endeavor lol

Top Bottom