• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Doesn't matter if they SDI or not, the upsmash is too close to when he gets regrabbed for him to be out of the dash grab's range. There's a reason this only works on characters Yoshi can GR CG.

Edit: And it doesn't work after the grab connects Sharky. Also, this isnt exclusive to Luigi's upsmash it can work with other characters. Sama just happens to main Luigi. :p

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
You can charge it, but not when the damage is too high. I believe there was one where Sama UpB'd the dummy at like 80 and I was still able to regrab. The timing just has to me more accurate at higher percents just like IC's cg.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Play Marvel.
I would, but my interest in the game just isn't consistent enough for me to wantto put forth practice. =(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNssgkyBPtw

This is the combo that I was talking about. Luigi and Yoshi combo. enjoy.
Not bad. Although, it's kinda applicable at mid-high percents only. Low percents would make it harder since Luigi would have to dash to keep up while Yoshi can't pummel to avoid ground breaks.

Pretty hilarious. Couldn't they just SDI the Usmash to avoid the regrab though? Doesn't seem like it would actually work in practice...

:005:
They're the characters Yoshi already CGs. They can't get away even if they were to attempt to SDI simply because Yoshi's tongue would be on top of them the moment the freeze frames are done (provided you were that good at timing). Luigi just needs to time his Usmash to land just before the grab to prevent it.

it really depends on what frame the upsmash hits the character, if it connects too early then the hitlag frames will allow them to SDI out of it. Connect the upsmash within a frame of the grab or even after the grab connects and there isn't a problem.
This.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
D

Deleted member

I went last weekend. Palm desert actually. Big pro tennis tournament there so i went to watch :)

D

Deleted member

Im not particularly great for a competitive tennis player XD I'm better, relatively, at brawl.
Im getting recruited for college though

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Thats cool. I have a friend who sucks at brawl but is pretty good at tennis.
He wants to play brawl competitively though, which is hard, since he's never owned the game.
Or a wii.

:phone:

Depster

Smash Champion
I went last weekend. Palm desert actually. Big pro tennis tournament there so i went to watch :)
Ah, cool! I had friends staying there late this last week. Dude we were walking down the strip in Palm Springs and saw a Rolls Royce, a Gallardo Spyder, and a Ferrari (360 Modena I think). It was so awesome!

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
I finally did something pretty fun for spring break. I went to Big Bend for canoeing and hiking! My pride got to me at one point and I did not use sun screen on my arms and for the past week, my skin's been peeling bad...well played UV rays!

Top Bottom