• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
See, that's my problem with the MU. We don't have enough answers to things so it's really frustrating. And the Falco that I was playing with yesterday even noticed how dumb the MU was. All he did was camp and not do something stupid and I couldn't do anything...

D

Deleted member

You honestly have to be content not punishing some stuff.
Whos the falco? I mean losing to like top falcos and feeling like the matchup is really bad i can understand (kind of), but i honestly think unless the falco is better than you its quite winnable.
i agree with raptor. In lots of situations falco has to commit if he wants to do more damage than yoshi, and you can usually punish the things he needs to actually do more than tiny chip damage.

running shield is very good against phantasm.

also consider this:
your are at 150 percent and shielding next to falco.
what is he gonna do? grab you and throw you somewhere?
xD

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I use puff against Falco.

As a character he just beats us:(

I fought a level 9 CPU Falco with Yoshi, and got 1-stocked, then went puff and 3-stocked him twice.

He just wrecks our eggs, our approaches, and one well placed lazer can gimp us:(

:phone:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
You honestly have to be content not punishing some stuff.
Whos the falco? I mean losing to like top falcos and feeling like the matchup is really bad i can understand (kind of), but i honestly think unless the falco is better than you its quite winnable.
i agree with raptor. In lots of situations falco has to commit if he wants to do more damage than yoshi, and you can usually punish the things he needs to actually do more than tiny chip damage.

running shield is very good against phantasm.

also consider this:
your are at 150 percent and shielding next to falco.
what is he gonna do? grab you and throw you somewhere?
xD
I'm perfectly content with not punishing things (I was very okay with the MK MU at most points). My problem is that our punishes mean NOTHING. We grab Falco, okay, we get a bit of damage and some stage positioning. It's a shame that all he really needs to do is phantasm and everything is essentially reset. We grab MK, we get a solid chunk of damage and guaranteed kills!

I never said the MU wasn't winnable. But the fact is, my win rate against Falco should be non-existent. ANY Falco I've played that just stays safe and is content with killing me off an Ftilt or something, has beaten me. The player just needs to have that mindset.

Running shield just...blocks phantasm. Then you drop shield and everything resets... It doesn't help.

In the shield situation, he has more options than that. He can just...wait. Even if he does just grab me and throw me, I still have to catch up in percent, and now I've taken extra damage AND I'm in a bad position. It's a more positive outcome than getting Usmashed, but it still sucks.

Scatz

Smash Champion
That's why Brawl is a bad game. **** gives you no damn chance. We should all play Mario party is make each other mad :awesome:

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
^about to switch to a new ISP that looks a lot like a scam.
Sooooo.... They said there'd be lag-free gaming...

If its not some shammysham, I will when the modem arrives in 4-5 business days.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well yeah if they have ****ty internet on their end they sometime do that.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
^thats me.

My satellite Internet with a 2 second delay per frame doesn't allow lag-free gaming.
And Nintendo WFC sucks so the whole room would lag like that.
Happens on brawl to, I troll random matches with my Internet.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
>satelite
Then that means you're going to see warping. I remember Satelite internet back in 08-09, that's what I played Brawl and MKW on back when Rel_12's forum was still active.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Just popping in to say that you guys should keep an eye on Slush. He actually put on quite a show at that last tournament.
He really has a lot of potential and it seems that he's starting to live up to it. ^_^

D

Deleted member

Just popping in to say that you guys should keep an eye on Slush. He actually put on quite a show at that last tournament.
He really has a lot of potential and it seems that he's starting to live up to it. ^_^
no.
nononono
god no

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Guys I'm pretty sure slush is the best Yoshi now.

I think we should take polt off the top 5, because his last tourney was APEX, and before that was around November?

And he doesn't show interest in playing or our scene, and just plays UMvC.

Slush disagrees.
Anyone else?

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Flashiness isn't enough to be considered Best Yoshi.
It isn't just flashiness if it's effective. Olimar's "instant return" technique is flashy AND useful if used correctly.

I'm not saying you're the BEST Yoshi, but you know all of that Yoshi stuff (which can actually be really intimidating at times) and you're getting better at playing intelligently while still using these techniques where they're effective. You're already pretty fun to play against, but you're going to be REALLY fun if you just keep at it. :D

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I missed this post.
Guys I'm pretty sure slush is the best Yoshi now.
No.

I think we should take polt off the top 5, because his last tourney was APEX, and before that was around November?

And he doesn't show interest in playing or our scene, and just plays UMvC.

Slush disagrees.
Anyone else?

I disagreed cause he basically went to the same tournaments I went too November-January, His wins are still notable despite them being old and no other Yoshi having anything notable enough to be considered Top 5.

What would the new list look like anyways?

1. Delta
2. ???
3. Hades
4. Me
5. Burntsockz
No firefly cause, as he said, Donkey/Diddy Kong now or MK when he isn't banned.

It wasn't until last Saturday I finally went to a tournament since APEX.

Besides, in the Top 5 list, alot of players are still in the Top 5 despite not playing for months and not showing interest anymore.

D

Deleted member

Slush drowns in pools 1 at apex and gets 7th at a local.
I get 5th/100
I havent drowned in pools since January 2009 (not that i woulda gotten out of round 2 pools at apex, nor am i good)

Slush>Me :troll:

im just kidding i havent played for months since i dont have a controller xD but im still better than slush im pretty positive <3
Whos better you or yosh slush?

i dont think we should take polt off. Hes barely inactive. I want to hear hades' wins, i heard he beat F O W a while ago but idk.
I think:
Delta
Polt
Hades
Burntsocks
Lvl9 CPu yoshi
Slush

just imo

also placings dont really matter, it is wins that should determine the list.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Trying my best here not to sound rude since I almost had someone else post instead.
Buuuuuuuut was relooking at the bracket, tournament thread, and some of the videos. You play almost exactly like me, just a tiny bit more shielding, less use of B reverses and Ledge DR. Anyways...

Free Entry
90% randoms
Only notable wins being Vato (Forgot about him until Nike told me), and DSF.

DSF lost to Polt at MLG DC and didn't have MK to use against you.
While Vato... At first I thought you won cause, from his post, he dropped out of bracket day 2. But then I saw a video of you vs him that I watched... and JJ was legal.

Besides, this hype for me is only temp due to me finally beating Nike and almost beating Skypirate/Cloverleaf.
Beating Paw was just satisfaction for mostly everyone due to what he was saying after I beat Nike.

D

Deleted member

:)
now we are talking.
i beat jaimehr too, he tied for 2nd in Apex round 2 pools, beating DRN (top 3 ZSS) and not making it out for whatever reason (however the ties work). Hes one of the better players in mexico (i dont know exactly, i know that he did much much better than most people at apex and is prolly one of the best G&Ws in NA). If paw is a notable win (idk if ur saying it is), then my other wins would be too, because they are at least as good as paw, who isnt particularly good. panda and bam are both pretty decent players.

90% randoms is false. There were a lot of randoms, i didnt play any of them. Looking through the list ive heard of most of the people, and im not exactly active. I know its not the same as winning like a regional with mostly good players, thats why im not like OMG im better than delta, polt, hades, etc. Obviously not.

Saying i only won because of japes is a bit silly, i didnt lose a single game on delphino all tournament (against havok, dsf, friendlies with other good players) and i dont know if i would have beaten vato on delphino. but who cares, neither of us got gayed by the stage, i just camped hard xD
i already said grats on beating nike, thats a good win.
anyways, what you are saying is irrelevant lets be honest. if everyone paid 5 bucks to enter, would anything change? The pot would be bigger and there would be less entrants.
polts much better than me and deesf was much better when polt beat him, so thats an irrelevant point.
i was just responding to u putting yourself above me on your list :p Which is false i think.

Get top 5 at one of ur locals with such prestigious attendance and then we can talk ;)

gawd this post was way too long.
gawd this doesnt even matter.

i dont even play wtf

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I know I saw MK next to your name last year, just wasn't sure if you were still using him or not.

EDIT: Had this typed up for the longest time towards Firefly's post, thought I clicked reply before I started playing friendlies. Will respond to you in a bit, sockz.

Since you basically said what I had in mind as well "doesn't even matter" will just point out a few things.

Wasn't really saying you won cause of JJ, just the stage was legal, which is a pretty bad stage that's mostly banned from tournaments cause of obvious things like the roof for example.
Yes, things would change if you spent 5 bucks, the tournament can actually count towards lists in this bad forum. Tournaments are only counted from Entry/Venue Fees. Like John#'s list or Rajam's SWF rankings. So it kinda can't be used I think. (Can't quite remember, not sure about Kryztedez's Top 5 thingy)

The thing that Kryz even posted on the thread... Active people only. So what GaW was arguing about is actually kinda correct. With Polt being inactive, he most likely will be removed from the list. So for example, WGF back in January, if you don't attend another tournament in the span of two months (may) you'd possibly be taken off unless no other decent Yoshi's pop up then your placing is sealed for awhile.

The only reason I didn't point out Jaime was cause... Ganon game 2.

D

Deleted member

im goin to bed so ill respond to u tomarrow maybe. i been sick so thats why i have the time to troll u :troll:
get some vids slushy

Jaime legitimately uses Ganon and I'm guessing had never played a yoshi. He beat Lycan game 3 with Ganon after losing game 2 with g&w. If he went all Ganon then like ok but he prolly didn't want to get hard camPed like he did game 1( I had him zoned pretty bad) and thought he would do better with Ganon.
And yes I agree with the thing about the list. Just saying that it's not like I got 5th at some scrub tourny.

Top Bottom