• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Id win if it was MKW or MK7 :o

I dont even use Yoshi in MKW anymore though.

Tearbear

Smash Ace
i was thinking of platform drop
i wasnt trying to be smart with grab and roll lol

Does anyone else like to make it rain by spamming shield

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp

Platform drop is good, and it's made even better because people don't really expect it from Yoshi.

Roll is a good escape tool if they've hit your shield because you get extra distance.

If you instantly shield grab after someone hits your shield, you can actually grab a lot of things, I've noticed. It's becoming one of my more preferred options.

Oh, and @ the person who asked how to platform drop:

It's like dropping through a platform when you're not shielding. You just need to press down while in shield. Since you're shielding, you have to press it softer and at a certain distance to not spot dodge.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Maybe I should find the frame advantage from other moves so we know what we could grab. Too bad I'm super lazy bout finding that kind of information though...

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush

It's a Super Secret Taunt.

Maybe I should find the frame advantage from other moves so we know what we could grab. Too bad I'm super lazy bout finding that kind of information though...
If only I knew how frame stuph worked.
I need to somehow steal K Primes brain.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ummmm, no. Play someone who knows the games and you'll see they are not very luck based. There is a little bit of luck, but skill/knowledge is waaaaaaay more important than being lucky.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
I shouldnt have included MK7 since I never played it but I heard it's pretty simple compared to the rest. Please dont argue for MKWII not being based hugely on luck. That game is just terrible :/

Edit: Actually I played MK7 for a little. the drifting in that game is *** :(

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
If you have MKW, join my friends and I in some friendlies, and I dare you to try and get Top 3 once. If its so dependent on 'lick', that should be no problem, right?

And MK7 is simple, yes, but it isnt luck based unless you're on Kalamari cuz that stage is just terrible

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
You have to understand I'm basing this off of the other MK's. Compared to the others the last 2 games are laughable because of how easy they are. I dont own MKWii anymore btw.

Have you played MKDS? You going to say playing MKWii is more skill based than that?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
If you have MKW, join my friends and I in some friendlies, and I dare you to try and get Top 3 once. If its so dependent on 'lick', that should be no problem, right?

And MK7 is simple, yes, but it isnt luck based unless you're on Kalamari cuz that stage is just terrible
Thanks for reminding me of something I said i'd do once I get my own place, gonna set up wii and stuff thursday and possibly play MKW again... sure i'll have more fun then the Xbox games I have.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
DD is the best Mario Kart, I agree, but I still think when it comes to how the game is built on the competitive side, MKW is the best one. (there's also a itemless option in MKW, but most of the time we opt for strategic items as it still allows Bananas, Greens, FIBs, and the occasional Mushroom in last)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Although I despised Mario Kart these days (probably because of that glitch on MK7, and the frequent hackers of MKW), I do admit I did enjoy Double Dash, with me being that Bowser/Bowser Jr combo and letting loose them giant shells. But tbh, I haven't had much passion for MK games mainly because many racing games, imo, get boring fast, or at least repeative. It did have its time, though.

Yikarur

Smash Master
delta shielding on platforms even without the drop is worthy, people who know the MU can abuse it though so use it when you're expected to get hit, you'll often fall off with almost no lag and thats awesome :D
we have to use everything we have so don't underestimate this!

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
What?!? But it's the best one!
No no no no. That's 2, then 4, then 1. Pshhhhhhhh.

Oh btw Yoshis, I apologize but I'm going on vacation starting tomorrow...so Jungle will be watching over you for about a week. Be on your best behavior like you always are.

Sharky

Smash Master
No no no no. That's 2, then 4, then 1. Pshhhhhhhh.

Oh btw Yoshis, I apologize but I'm going on vacation starting tomorrow...so Jungle will be watching over you for about a week. Be on your best behavior like you always are.
I wholeheartedly approve of your MP rankings, just wanna put that out there =D

Top Bottom