• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Fair enough Slush, I just don't like being credited with a character I'm not worthy of~

Speaking of characters I'm not worthy of, I rewatched my ditto with Delta last night and it really made me want to start playing this character again. I feel like I should be holding out for a little while longer though...

:005:

D

Deleted member

Y'all will never e able to match my wifi best (1994 points on ladder 4th place)

:phone:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Not to dis Sharky or anything, but I have better/more results and have been placing consistently higher plus been more active recently.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The only time I played him (which over a year and a half ago when I went to Vegas) I did, but that was when he wasnt good lol. Does that count? :D

I should also mention they were only friendlies. I MEANT to rematch him at Genesis 2, but after I talked to him, I never saw him again so we couldnt play lol.

Sharky

Smash Master
Besides, Sharky lost to CROSS, of all people. I was up 18 stocks at the end of 99 minutes. Kid's free. :awesome:

But Gashi, did you beat z?
yo just saying I had the most bull **** deaths ever in that set, I'm sure cross told you about the last one lmao

and in my defense, I've only lost to top players in my region since I've started actually practicing again/gotten DR down. I don't have any notable oor wins either, but no bad losses. I'd consider myself neutral atm with no real merit to be considered bad or good =P

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
In the past like... 5 months, Ive only lost to X (Sonic), Lada (Falco), Ken Neth (Snake), Staz (Falco), Mars (MK/Sheik), and Dark Ryu (Diddy). Ive also lost to Yaz back when MK was legal, but in MK banned stuff he uses Wario and Ive never lost to his Wario. I havent played Mars in tournament yet since MK's ban, but he'd prob beat me. Also, all of those people can be considered top players. X doesnt need explanation, Lada is a ROB main, but I beat his ROB so he goes Falco instead, Ken Neth is former #1 in Utah, Staz is X/Lada's brother, Dark Ryu is probably 3rd best in state, and Mars/Yaz have been playing waaaay longer than me and are just ****.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Steam doesnt even use Yoshi, I got confirmation from his fellow Coloradoanians

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
If polt comes back I'd be cool with him being back at number 2. Because he's freaking ****.

But until then he doesn't play smash and doesn't get on SWF, so he shouldn't be a top 5, right?

D

Deleted member

In the past like... 5 months, Ive only lost to X (Sonic), Lada (Falco), Ken Neth (Snake), Staz (Falco), Mars (MK/Sheik), and Dark Ryu (Diddy). Ive also lost to Yaz back when MK was legal, but in MK banned stuff he uses Wario and Ive never lost to his Wario. I havent played Mars in tournament yet since MK's ban, but he'd prob beat me. Also, all of those people can be considered top players. X doesnt need explanation, Lada is a ROB main, but I beat his ROB so he goes Falco instead, Ken Neth is former #1 in Utah, Staz is X/Lada's brother, Dark Ryu is probably 3rd best in state, and Mars/Yaz have been playing waaaay longer than me and are just ****.
No, all of those could not be considered top players rofl. If so there would be like 70 top players in the US xD

also, what are your wins? and your W/L ratios with those people (if ur 1-100 with someone its less impressive).

#5 spot to Goldenyoshiking imo, his aggression too strong.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I dont even know what my W/L ratios would be, but Im losing to all of them lol.

And if by Top Players you mean like, Top 10 or 20, then obv none of them are Top Players, and I dont think ANY Yoshi has beaten Top Players. But if you mean top 50ish, Im pretty sure X/Lada are up there.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Id say X is as he's shown many many times before in Nationals and such. Also, Lada goes even with him, and the finals of our tournaments are usually those two with a different winner like, every time.

Sharky

Smash Master
x I can agree with, but just because lada goes even with x doesn't mean he's in the same level nationally. local results =/= national.

D

Deleted member

Wtf ZZ read your posts before you post them lol.
You said all of the players you lose to are top players I said no then you say X and lada are top players. Lada tied for last in his round 2 pool at apex, losing to lucas and someone i havent heard of and fatal.
not a top player.
Being able to beat a sonic you play all the time doesnt make you a top player. Sonic sucks xD
Im sure most of those people are pretty good.

Yes yoshis have beaten top players at some point. Polt beat Deesf when he was a top player and im pretty sure a lot more, i beat l4rry once, green ace beat fatal back in the day and im sure others have beaten top players at some point.

i meant what are your good wins, and of those good wins, what r ur ratios with those people.
Getting 9-5th at locals in Utah doesnt make you top 5 if you dont beat good people.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The other guy Lada 'lost' to was iPresea, cuz he forfeited the match after he lost to Fatal/Mekos cuz he knew he was out so he could have more time to do MMs and stuff, and he lost to Mekos cuz he has no idea how to play against Lucas, you can ask Mekos yourself and he will tell you Lada had NO IDEA how the MU worked cuz Utah has no Lucas players at all and it was his first time out of state.

Also, when you say 'You said all of the players you lose to are top players I said no then you say X and lada are top players.', thats cuz my original post I was giving the term 'Top Players' a more broad definition, the second time around I was matching your definition. Just cuz I change to please your ideals doesnt mean you should get pissed at me for taking something back.

And when you say 'Getting 9-5th at locals in Utah doesnt make you top 5 if you dont beat good people', first off, its 4th-9th, and my only 9th lately was cuz I got bracket ***** and only lost to 2nd and 3rd place (check if you must). Secondly, if Polt AND Firefly are being taken off, that means TWO people are going to need to be replacements. One will most likely be you, but compared to every other viable person, do they 'beat good people'? In fact, by your definition, does ANYONE outside of Delta and apparently you beat good people? No, not really, no other Yoshi beats what you consider 'Top Players'. Now, after that, what other Yoshis are in line for Top 5? Pretty much just Sharky and I. Now, in comparison, who has better players around them that we have an opportunity to play, and how well do we place? That's how it should be decided, because, unfortunately, there arent enough Yoshis good enough in general to be beating what you consider 'Top Players'.

D

Deleted member

Yo i just want to hear who youve beaten xD
You havent yet told me. I never said you had to have beaten top players. You just listed who you lose to.
Its not about placings, its about wins and losses.

i dont care about the list and ive only played 1 tournament so i cant be on it yet. I am curious and if you think you should be on it, you need to tell us who you beat, not just that you lose to your states better players

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
How about we just leave the list as it is for the time being since all the Yoshi's after 3 are pretty even. And Z'Z I'm gonna have to agree with Socks here. You always mention people who are PR'd in your state as Top Players but the only one who is is X. Now I'm not saying only Top Players should count as good wins but players who are PR'd in a weak region doesn't make them a good win either. Let's say Im PR'd in Madagascar. Does that make me a good win just because I'm ranked? No.

Edit: lol next in line would be me and sharky gashi not you :/ Ive beaten Will, And Cheese within the past 6 months although with Will it was a mm, and have beaten players who are decent in this region but would pobably destroy some other regions. The only notable OOR player I've beaten is Yoshq but then again I've only played minimal people who are OOR. But like I said before the list should be left as is.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Hey now, I just said only X/Lada are top players, I changed my previous statement.

EDIT: I literally havent left state at all outside of Genesis like, forever ago, so I dont have many people just due to the fact that I dont have the money to travel really. But if you want who I have beaten, I HAVE beaten X, although he beats me way more than I beat him, I beat Lada's ROB often enough to the point where he CP's Falco on me now instead of going ROB, and I would go through and list everyone else I posted that first time but it doesnt really matter and I think you get the idea lol.

I MIGHT be able to go to a tournament in Vegas this weekend, so if I can go, I'll play some people like FOW, SK92, Z (rematch yes! >:D), etc and relay back to you guys. Not really sure if I can go yet as we're still trying to find someone with a car to drive us (lol) but hopefully it works out.

D

Deleted member

I just want to know in the past 5 months or so, who have you beaten in tournament that you would consider notable. Not every one, but i never saw a tournament where you beat X or lada.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
I believe Utah doesn't post their results on the results board. That's probably why you haven't seen him beat those 2. Unless he meant friendlies or something.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Man, I havent beat X in a long while, but I know I beat Lada at least once or twice within the past 3 or so months... Id have to find and look through all our old results lol

D

Deleted member

alright well if uve only beaten lada once or twice and nobody else i wouldnt put you over someone like raptor if the list was changed.

D

Deleted member

well if you havent beaten X in a long time it doesnt count. Or else i would be wayyy above slush xD

I am going to guess that he has more good wins. I am not positive, but i remember him having beaten a few good peeps.
If lada is really your only notable win. if not, you know.

GYK>Steam mr game and watch. havnet u seen his comments on every american yoshis videos saying how we are bad?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So basically what you're saying is that I absolutely have to travel around to be considered good?

Top Bottom