• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Gashi just Cheese alone would be above Lada imo and that's not even counting anyone else. I've never even heard of Lada until you started talking about him. :/ Also, you have to take regions into consideration. But yeah Top 5 remains as is. There's no reason to change it atm I just don't think it's right to say you would be the next in line.

Also can all the Yoshi's start doing this? At my last tournament I started repping this tag while I was on stream "GYK:)" If all the American Yoshi's can rep that tag while in tournament I would love you all forever.

Edit: You don't need to travel to be good, but unfortunately your state isn't too stacked so it's hard to get recognized.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Uhhh, X ***** Cheese when he played him. And pretty much anyone who went to or payed attention to Apex at least knows who Lada is now lol.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
I wasn't comparing Cheese to X o___o And if Lada actually did get last in 2nd round pools then Cheese did better than him at Apex.

I hate to ask this but were your wins over Lada and X actual tournament matches or just friendlies? Because you have been known to count friendlies before.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lol, if I was counting friendlies, then I beat them almost every day, they live 10 mins from me.

And my point of X ****** Cheese is that, if X ***** Cheese, and goes hella even with Lada... Then that probably means Lada is the better player as he doesnt get 2 stocked.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Whoa, what the-
I thought you guys would be like "Cool, Slush is getting better". I didn't mean to start a whole big argument about who is better than who. ^^;

Sorry.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lol, this had nothing to do with Slush whatsoever.

And that isnt Inui logic, thats me saying that someone good shouldnt be getting ***** by another good player.

D

Deleted member

I just troll slush :p and anyone who supports him :)
i havent seen a video of slush in ages so i dont know how good he is, or how good he ever was. I just know he placed pretty decently, and now continues to do so :)
You didnt bring up anything xD
We already gave him props in another thread.

ZZ, ur being silly.
Idk if cheese is better or worse than lada, but you are being silly with your inui logic.
Lada and X live together! Obviously its going to be different.

No i didnt say u have to travel i said you have to beat people who arent bad in tournament to be considered top 5 xD Thats how it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OdTVmbmhdM
^unproved your point.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Ah, good. I felt bad about obliterating your social. =P

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Omg socks that video xD I thought it was a noob Falco at first but then it turned out to be DEHF! (watching from iPod so I couldn't see the title until it finished)

:phone:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Gashi, not everyone has to travel to be considered good. It depends on your region.

Raptor, Sharky, and I are lucky because we live in quite possibly the most stacked region for Brawl, so doing decently here means you HAVE to be beating players that are well known and widely considered as higher level.

When you live in Utah, this is not the case, so you need to travel to prove yourself.

D

Deleted member

Upstate new York sucks lol. Zz you should respond to my post xD If you don't beat the good players in your region, no you aren't top 5 xD All youve shown is that you don't have bad losses, but that you always lose to the good players in your state.

Does anyone here watch tennis or basketball

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Upstate NY isn't that bad but I wouldn't compare it to NY/NJ. Guyyyyys more people gotta use the "GYK:)" tag :( Next tourney everyone do it. And socks I only watch soccer because I'm a stereotypical hispanic :awesome:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Upstate new York sucks lol. Zz you should respond to my post xD If you don't beat the good players in your region, no you aren't top 5 xD All youve shown is that you don't have bad losses, but that you always lose to the good players in your state.

Does anyone here watch tennis or basketball

Upstate NY isn't bad.

I guess I meant that they don't really have to "travel" to compete with NJ/NY. It's a bit of a trek for them, but they come by pretty consistently, so I usually lump them in with our region.

D

Deleted member

Upstate new york is baaaaad.
I vow to rep the GYK tag
Wtf soccer so boring xD I sometimes leave soccer on while i do homework cuz like ill look over to my TV and be like "fk id rather be studying biology than this shiz" and go back to my work. ANd then like once in a blue moon something cool happens and its like "that was cool, back to work"

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
I loved you for a second for agreeing to use the tag, but now after you dissed soccer like that I'm neutral with you again.

Soccer>You

Edit: Delta you're going to collision right? USE THE TAG

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I live in Texas, we're pretty mad stacked.
Y.b.M. And Infern Angelis just moved here too.
We already had gn3s, Raz3r, Trel4, illm4tic, UTDZ4c, D3nti, Polt who doesn't play, slush who can't name search if he posts here, and Xyr0 whose samus wrecks.

D

Deleted member

Texas is a good region, yes.
Thank you for reminding us by listing some of Texas' good players, and a couple not great players.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Girl you already know slush is the best Yoshi in this place.
Broshi would 3-stock you in a Yoshi ditto if it was a -8 MU.
You can't handle emoshi, mofo cuts himself and you get hurt.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I find it interesting that some yoshis are ranked in the new prs that have been made. It's like yoshis are getting better.

D

Deleted member

I just think yoshi does better against good characters.
And tournament result wise id give yoshi the strong upper hand.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Guys, as someone who plays both Yoshi AND Luigi, Yoshi is way better than Luigi, I dont even know how you could argue Luigi being anywhere near Yoshi's level. Yoshi is like, the Top of Low Mid, and Luigi is borderline Low Tier.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Imo, Yoshi isnt a bad character, he's a pretty solid overall average character, just he's not an 'average character'. What I mean is, he's a character of extremes where he has great over the top strengths like his mobility and over the top weaknesses like his shield, but in the end they even themselves out so that hes a pretty average character. Imo he's a little below average, but by a VERY small amount.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Yoshi's the kind of character where your success can be heavily bracket based.

For example, I could get a bracket of say (assuming MK is banned), Snakes, Warios, and ICs, and do very well.

Or I could get a bracket with Falcos and a Lucario and struggle.

Sometimes you just run into those match ups...

D

Deleted member

Yea one time i played lee martin and pitbull one after the other.
After that i vowed to never play any good lucario with yoshi ever again.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
While on point with everything, I can barely get Trela to one stock In Friendlies. Which isn't really important, while not on point and friendlies I get 2 or 3 stocked.

I'll still go Yoshi Vs Lucario, but man... Lucario Wolf Fox and MK are such annoying MU's.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
They're all annoying, but Lucario and maaaaaaaaaybe MK are the ones that should really shut you down in a bracket.

And any Falco that knows what he's doing. **** that character.

Top Bottom