• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Goodbye, Yink. We'll always have the couple hours or so that spent playing friendlies on Wifi to look back on.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
Yink...

I do not know you and you do not know me but I must say, from what i've seen you have impeccable taste in avatars and for that I salute you. You will be missed greatly ;-;

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I might be secretly a guy.

"Secretly".

Also goodbye Yink, I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

Roller

Smash Legend
bye Yink!!

Also. You Yoshis. Your character is broken beyond belief. I am anti-ban for mk purely to help reduce the number of yoshis I have to get ***** by.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Wait. Really? All I hear Yoshis complaining about are mk and like.. Wolves.. I don't even know.

You beat everyone..
Banning MK would actually bring out more of our harder MUs. MK is actually somewhat good for us because outside of keeping them down, a lot of MKs also suck massively at fighting Yoshi.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Its more like, we suck at fighting MK, but everyone else does as well and we just happen to not suck as hard as most other people (and MK's seem to be bad at the Yoshi MU often), but we still lose. Unfotunately though, our harder match ups suck against MK even worse then us, so losing MK means more of our harder MUs and a harder time for us.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You'd see a lot more D3, that's for sure. And now that I think about it, Snake as well as I assume most (or at least a lot of) old MK mains would go to Diddy, Snake, or Falco.

Depster

Smash Champion
I really like the sound of all the best players being able to use 4-5 characters in tournament because of matchups. Having MK just means a good player only needs MK though =/

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Btw, guys, Ive been thiking about it, and why exactly is it that Lucario is so hard for us? I mean, I third Mario and was using him against a Lucario and was owning (that MU I believe is even btw, if not its at worst +1 Lucario), and it got me thinking, what does mario have in this MU that Yoshi doesnt? The only thing I could really think of was fireballs, but we rade that for a longer range projectile (which I will say is less effective in this MU). Aside from that though, we crap all over Mario in comparison. We have better ranged moves, we're far faster, we're harder to combo, we're heavier, we have a better recovery, etc. Not to mention, we have pretty much equivalent kill options, the only think missing is dsmash as a kill, but we have a stronger nair which will kill unlike Mario's.

So yeah, I dunno, Im not bying that Lucario is awful for us until I get my *** thouroughly handed to me by one.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Mario has a shield, we don't. Because of this, it makes punishing most of Lucario's moves extremely difficult due to their range. Where Mario could, say, shield a Dair then Usmash OoS for a kill, we would shield a Dair and...roll away? He shields a poorly spaced Fsmash and gets a Dsmash potentially. We shield one and get...maybe a jab OoS?

Basically, in order to get a kill, we need to make a read and then space a kill move perfectly. Since a lot of Lucario's general spacing beats our kill moves (Dair beats Usmash+Uair, Fsmash beats our grounded options), he lives for a long time, which is bad. Mario has an easier time landing his kill moves because he can shield.

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
Btw, guys, Ive been thiking about it, and why exactly is it that Lucario is so hard for us? I mean, I third Mario and was using him against a Lucario and was owning (that MU I believe is even btw, if not its at worst +1 Lucario), and it got me thinking, what does mario have in this MU that Yoshi doesnt? The only thing I could really think of was fireballs, but we rade that for a longer range projectile (which I will say is less effective in this MU). Aside from that though, we crap all over Mario in comparison. We have better ranged moves, we're far faster, we're harder to combo, we're heavier, we have a better recovery, etc. Not to mention, we have pretty much equivalent kill options, the only think missing is dsmash as a kill, but we have a stronger nair which will kill unlike Mario's.

So yeah, I dunno, Im not bying that Lucario is awful for us until I get my *** thouroughly handed to me by one.
We can't get in for a kill. Lucario doesn't have to approach so we probably aren't getting kills like that either. Then theres the whole "i have ridiculous ***ing range and your shield sucks so you will never punish anything perfectly spaced" he has going for him. And even if its badly spaced you still wont get the kill :troll:.

I thought of something the other day for him that i forgot tho. it was probably dumb. (knowing me probably eggroll related :awesome:)

Steam

Smash Hero
Lucario beats mario +1 IMO. one thing mario supposedly has is gimp potential... but it's not so great because of lucario's floatiness and mario's inability to force him to recover low.

it's pretty much the shield that causes yoshi to lose. Mario can also do pretty decently when he gets in on lucario. lucario is surprisingly slow inside. that and mario has decent kill moves in Dsmash and even pivot fsmash if lucario is spacing Ftilt. Yoshi has to get a hard read for a kill on lucario if he spaces well... DJ armor will **** lucario's dair. easy uair if you predict it. though Also lucario can't camp mario.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Mario has gimp potential up the butt on Lucario. I mean, bair, cape, ledge drop > SJP > stage spike, FLUDD kind of, I love it when Lucario is offstage and Im Mario.

Steam

Smash Hero
Mario has gimp potential up the butt on Lucario. I mean, bair, cape, ledge drop > SJP > stage spike, FLUDD kind of, I love it when Lucario is offstage and Im Mario.
the problem is none of it is usable unless lucario wastes his DJ on stage or DIs something poorly

Top Bottom