• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I find it ironic that so many lucario mains post in this thread so much, considering that they are our worst matchup...
I find it ironic that they're posting in here more then their own Social.

Lucario is not our worst MU.
I still think Lucario is annoying enough to stay -3...

While these are not even regional threats, I play Loko's Lucario whenever I feel like losing.
We literally go through, say for example tournament sets of Bo5/7, 7 games and always go 3/3 and the last game (Determines the set if it was a tournament) being interrupted cause of an actual tournament match being on the TV we're playing friendlies on.

I also MM Big Boss's lucario, and despite 2-0'ing it I still had an annoying time.

Not sure how to quite explain this, but playing Lucario tends to make me stop using my usual playstyle, and chasing him in the air to try and use aerials and just camp, throw tilts that can hopefully hit him so I can start a chain of attacks, or just pivot grab alot and never throw a single Smash attack until he's around 110% so I can get him off the stage and just wait for him to Air dodge to hit him with Uair or to fake out that i'm gonna go directly towards him and Uair right away only to float away from his Fair/Dair and then throw the Uair out.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Boomer with the Quad Post.

I still think Lucario is annoying enough to stay -3...

While these are not even regional threats, I play Loko's Lucario whenever I feel like losing.
We literally go through, say for example tournament sets of Bo5/7, 7 games and always go 3/3 and the last game (Determines the set if it was a tournament) being interrupted cause of an actual tournament match being on the TV we're playing friendlies on.

I also MM Big Boss's lucario, and despite 2-0'ing it I still had an annoying time.

Not sure how to quite explain this, but playing Lucario tends to make me stop using my usual playstyle, and chasing him in the air to try and use aerials and just camp, throw tilts that can hopefully hit him so I can start a chain of attacks, or just pivot grab alot and never throw a single Smash attack until he's around 110% so I can get him off the stage and just wait for him to Air dodge to hit him with Uair or to fake out that i'm gonna go directly towards him and Uair right away only to float away from his Fair/Dair and then throw the Uair out.
You have to play the Lucario MU similarly to the way you'd play the Wolf MU, which involves a lot of careful spacing and quick reactions. However, we are NOT completely shut down once you know what you're doing, similar to fighting Wolf. I believe both MUs are -2. They do have quite a solid advantage over us, but it's certainly not unwinnable. They can be frustrating, but that doesn't really belong in a MU ratio.

The only time I feel that we have a really bad MU against Lucario is when it comes to last hit last stock. Good ****ing luck with that.

Opinions on Yoshi is Mario Strikers Charged (Football/Soccer)
Iunno, I main Luigi cuz he has some pretty broken normal shots for a non Power Type.

Steam

Smash Hero
Lucario doesn't really beat anyone that horribly except people that get screwed by aura and lose to him naturally. which is sonic. dat balance

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Tap jump off?
That's literally the first step to playing Yoshi, That's the next thing I should probably work on. A group project, step by step, on how to start playing as Yoshi and what to work on.

Depster

Smash Champion
Yoshi is so good in MSC...

I mean, he's just so good and nothing beats his tongue! Man I love that game...

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Too bad Yoshi isnt good in any game other than that one :/

Well, I guess he was the best in Mario Kart 64 (Toad is best for TAS ****, Yoshi is best in actual races, DONT BE FOOLED), but aside from that...

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
He's the best playable character in Yoshi's Island.
And in Yoshi's Story, though that is a topic of much heated debate.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well if you're gonna be homo like that then he's also tied for best in game in every single Mario Party. That's like, 27 more games.

Depster

Smash Champion
Well if you're gonna be homo like that then he's also tied for best in game in every single Mario Party. That's like, 27 more games.
Actually, Yoshi is literally the best character in Mario party. Yes, there is a tier list. It's based on their attacks and such during minigames. He has the biggest hitbox and the smallest hit bubble or something like that.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lmao, if that's true, thats awesome.

Too bad nobody cares about Mario Party. :/

Steam

Smash Hero
Too bad Yoshi isnt good in any game other than that one :/

Well, I guess he was the best in Mario Kart 64 (Toad is best for TAS ****, Yoshi is best in actual races, DONT BE FOOLED), but aside from that...
he's really good in Mario superstar baseball for the GC

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
4 yoshis and 5 babies, so one baby is jealous that he has no yoshi and will strive to be the best so he is accept by a yoshi, and if the plot works out, he'll become the best baseball player out there!

:phone:

Top Bottom