• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
You clear haven't heard the news that infractions translate directly into cool-points.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Enough with infractions already, let's discuss why the American education system sucks. Is it the teachers or the material? What grade level sucks the most?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Material. Well, it's more of the standards. And how teachers tend to teach to the test instead of actually teaching the subject.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Material. Well, it's more of the standards. And how teachers tend to teach to the test instead of actually teaching the subject.
So you agree that it causes disinterest and failure for real learning? I'm not trying to sound like a parent or teacher but I like to take it from their stand point sometimes.

What does this have to do with Yoshi? Probably nothing, except that we can instead learn and not just know how to win. This way we can teach future generations the true path to success.

Alright, I'll shut up now.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
High school has too much fluff and a lot of the things taught are generally not useful later in life. It could probably be completed in half the time if all the bull**** was removed.

And Rei is right. They teach the test more than the subject. The fact that multiple choice tests are what are most often used only makes this worse. It's pretty easy to BS a way through a test by knowing 1/3rd of the material and then inferring everything you don't know off that, hints from previous questions, and just plain guessing by weeding out the obviously wrong answers.

I have never studied for a test and I've done just fine on nearly every single one. Math being an exception because that you actually have to know through and through. But even then, when are you gonna use calculus ever unless you plan on specializing in mathematics or overly complicated tech junk.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Students.

Society expects the worst from teenagers.
They expect swear word sayin, pot smokin, beer drinkin, sex havin 16 year olds.
And they get it!
Then the students start worrying more about themselves and their friends then they do school and family.

I'm a Christian, I see too many people who are Christians leave the religion because they're friends didn't think it was cool.

At what point can we assume students know better, but choose to do what we want, because that's the expectation of us. The only way to fix this, is stop livin for what's fun and start living for important things.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
At what point can we assume students know better, but choose to do what we want, because that's the expectation of us. The only way to fix this, is stop livin for what's fun and start living for important things.
That's what growing up is supposed to do. Maturity brings awareness and that's vital for our survival in the real world.

Lol @ Rainbow Mink

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I'm a freshman in highschool and don't even cuss.
Does that make me more mature than college kids smoking weed?
Not really, just aware.
It's the students fault we act this way. We can chose not to!
We just rarely do.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
We all have a choice, but as you mentioned, we are expected to conform to the norm sometimes or that society expects us to act a certain way.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Sure we all have a choice.
We all have the choice to go on a shooting rampage.
But I think it's easy to see the right choice.
We're expected to do wrong.
I think it's high time we stop.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I'm a freshman in highschool and don't even cuss.
Does that make me more mature than college kids smoking weed?
Not really, just aware.
It's the students fault we act this way. We can chose not to!
We just rarely do.
I swear like a god damn sailor, and I'm been out of school for quite some time. Does that make me immature?

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
You are been out of school for quite some time.

No, I'm saying based on my other examples (drugs, under aged drinking and smoking, sex) and I don't even swear, let alone these other things, that dosent make me mote mature than someone else.
Maybe I just made a better choice

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
And bad grammar.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. In the end, it boils down to how the teachers/students lives are for most school systems.

If the students life is ****ty, they usually go into depression and don't do work, don't care if they get caught doing/with drugs etc.
The normal life where they have friends and get decent grades and don't get in trouble often for big things and A normal family life.
The Snotty/******* life where they plain don't care for school, just go for their friends and laugh/swear at teachers telling them to listen or do their work and pick fights with students or teachers just cause they feel like it.

Same can be said for Teachers outside of "Hanging with friends" and "Getting into Fights" but showing their anger towards the students by giving them tests without studying, or random homework, or letting the students do whatever they want for who knows how long as the teacher sleeps sits on the school computer etc.

Also yes, this needs to stop now. This isn't the debate Hall.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Hehe at the debating issue, this isn't Debate Hall :/

Anyway, pertainng to Yoshi I chose Bair, it's definetly has it's cons, but I tend to overlook those with his pros most of the time.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Along with Terrible Grammar in your post, when it should've been typed out as "You've been out of school for quite some time." Not "You are been"

Any better?

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Along with Terrible Grammar in your post, when it should've been typed out as "You've been out of school for quite some time." Not "You are been"

Any better?
Actually, I can't make heads or tails of that statement.

The joke is that I've been out of school for so long that I've lost the ability to consistently create grammatically correct sentences.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Free topics are free. Besides, I merely changed the topic and made posting here a bit more serious.
While it's good to have a change in discussion that isn't Videogames/Anime/Manga/MLP. It was starting to turn into a small arguement between Mr. GaW and whoever responded to him.

You wouldn't want more spamming in the social would you?
That's when we factor in Poltergust to care of the unnecessary spam in this thread. Like what Mc-killa and P-1 did 10 or so pages back.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Hey Slush, did you ever get to play against Rel? He's told me that he 2 stocks you no problem. I think he's just full of it, but he placed well at his last tourney. Wish he could come back to the scene.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
...What?
Even back in my Wi-fi days in 2008-2010 I always won the Yoshi ditto, sometimes he'd even say while in his Xat chat for his old forum, that his controller was acting up mid-match and he'd be falling off the stage two or three times to make it seem believable.

And for him "2 stocking me no problem" he's probably referring to when I stopped playing Wi-Fi around last year in May and entered the Offline scene in June and randomly asking me to play him in Online friendlies With my laggy Broadband Internet to which he 2 stocks me due to the basically dial-up lag.

So yeah he's just full of it, and I don't see him bringing in any good results so I see 0 Reasoning behind his trashtalking towards me. Plus during my wi-fi days I used alot of second/third characters and the only tech I practiced with Yoshi cause of wifi was DR. I didn't even know about B-reverse or the fact we can ETS off the edge or wavebounce them...

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Lol, I've lost and gotten owned by people on wifi only to beat them offline in tourny. Heck, these people even have super high scores on the AiB ladder.

Some people can do well in both, and some people just suck on one or the other.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
过度夸奖了...我这种三脚猫的本领还比不上真正了解那些语言的土著人...(悯)
...但,也许不能这么说...他们一出生就开始讲他们各种的语言...

其实我们华语为母语的人比英语为母语的人学日语/韩语会更快,因为韩语和日语受到华语的巨大的影响...诸如韩语以前用的"한자"(汉字),虽然现在不用了,在报纸上要搞清楚一些字时还是会用一些...因此韩国人教育部规定学生学一些汉字。有鉴于此,我只不过是九牛一毛之懂得些韩/日/英语的人...并不是语言能力极高的人(参)...。

您也别目定口呆...我猜您的华语语言理解定是超级深奥 :0。

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
About the school issue, I can't really comment because I was brought up in some really nice private schools in which the teachers actually care about you.

I still didn't study for my tests, though. I made good grades on them even though they were sometimes legitimately hard. I just tend to soak up information during my time in the classroom. :laugh:

That... doesn't seem to be the case in college, though. I actually have to put more effort into my work.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
过度夸奖了...我这种三脚猫的本领还比不上真正了解那些语言的土著人...(悯)
...但,也许不能这么说...他们一出生就开始讲他们各种的语言...

其实我们华语为母语的人比英语为母语的人学日语/韩语会更快,因为韩语和日语受到华语的巨大的影响...诸如韩语以前用的"한자"(汉字),虽然现在不用了,在报纸上要搞清楚一些字时还是会用一些...因此韩国人教育部规定学生学一些汉字。有鉴于此,我只不过是九牛一毛之懂得些韩/日/英语的人...并不是语言能力极高的人(参)...。

您也别目定口呆...我猜您的华语语言理解定是超级深奥 :0。
http://www.elswordhq.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9976-%e9%a2%86%e9%aa%91%e9%aa%91%e9%a2%86%ef%bc%8c%e4%bd%a0%e6%98%af%e5%8f%ab%e5%93%aa%e4%b8%aa%e7%9a%84%ef%bc%9f/page__view__findpost__p__82554

I don't know how to speak orange.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I go MK when people try to CP D3 on me
But what if it's an actual D3 main and not a CP, like me?

Undoubtedly the same.

Because everyone just likes going Metaknight.

BAWWW GAME WOULD BE BETTER WITHOUT D3 BAWWW BAD MATCHUP BAWWW.

Like ****ing hell, I get everyone in my region complaining for me to find a main, I find one, and now EVERYONE goes Metaknight against me trying to get me to drop him.

WHAT THE ****.

Top Bottom