• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'll be going to sleep in a few minutes, having just slain Ganon once and for all and done completely terrible in some Japanese rhythm game.
What japanese rhythm game? :O

@Type: Wild! Discussion earlier while I was banned: Cool! I'll go post in the thread asap! Thanks!

:172:

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
What japanese rhythm game? :O

@Type: Wild! Discussion earlier while I was banned: Cool! I'll go post in the thread asap! Thanks!

:172:
Rhythm Tengoku. Couldn't remember the name when I was tired x)

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Got back from volunteering at the Comic Con today, need to head back in 10 hours for Brawl (Entering for $10) so wish me luck and i'll have to atleast get an hour or so of sleep before going, also I met a wi-fi yoshi there who's interested of entering the Brawl scene! I'll direct him to the smashboards and see if he's serious about going competitive. (if he doesn't have an account already)

Anyways...
From ChaosMarth's twitter feed: "DeltaCod beat atomsk. 2-1"

raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaape

:005:
Holy Crap... Any videos, Did Atomsk go Full MK?

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Sup yoshi's totally need some tips on how to win against you. Played some fantastic yoshis last weekend and i could really use some tips since you don't have a unified matchup thread. Any general info on fighting him, My main problem was eggs, I'm sure there's a way to win with metaknight but it feels hopeless so i'd rather stick to GDubs, Peach, or someone i could pick up fairly quickly.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Holy Crap... Any videos, Did Atomsk go Full MK?
None yet, at least. Maybe we'll see something later, but it's pools, so we can't be sure. No word on who Atomsk used yet though...

Yoshi hype.
Jigglypuff hype

LT HYPEEEE
:cool:

Game 3 of Pelca vs Dapuffster was f***ing hilarious. XD

Wow, I really want to see that Delta vs. Atomsk match. Great job, Delta! Now go own singles!

He looks good with 1st seed. :upsidedown: I think it's supposed to be a 48-man bracket, meaning he gets a bye round 1.

Sup yoshi's totally need some tips on how to win against you. Played some fantastic yoshis last weekend and i could really use some tips since you don't have a unified matchup thread. Any general info on fighting him, My main problem was eggs, I'm sure there's a way to win with metaknight but it feels hopeless so i'd rather stick to GDubs, Peach, or someone i could pick up fairly quickly.
Are you trying to jump over the eggs? If so, you're doing it wrong; the best way to get in is to stay grounded, walk/powershield, bait something (whether it's an egg or otherwise), and punish. MK's short and fast on the ground, so he's pretty good at doing that. GaW probably wouldn't be much easier, as he gets camped fairly well by Yoshi, and I have no idea about Peach.

:005:

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
Its easy to win with MK. You just need to play alot more simplisticly.

Don't over think yoshi. Don't dair camp him because thats dumb and doesn't work. Don't be too quick to jump off stage after him because it lets us get back for free. Don't jump through eggs. We love that. You being in the air is the safest time for an egg to be thrown. Just walk/run and shield. Half of the time you can read it well enough to just run straight under the egg and get a grab. Don't get grabbed but thats a given.

Nado us when we're landing. Space your nados well. bad nados get upsmashed or pivot grabbed. Sometimes they might even get shielded to spot dodge to punish. Hard nado mixups are kinda crippling. If we attack your shield at all, don't be too shy to just SL us oos. I dont ever see MK doing it to us. Well cept nairo (or any MK playing Delta) but other than the tristate it seems so rare lol. If you get him to shield just get into Dtilt range and stare at his shield while crouching (preferably from behind but doesn't matter much) and react to whatever he does. He's helpless like that.

Real talk its pretty free on your side. But bad MK's/ MK's who have no idea what they're doing vs us is like a 60:40 Yoshi

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Good **** Delta, I effing love you, good luck bro.

And I just got back from my tournament yesterday. Took 7th in Singles and 4th in teams, I'll post the results in the Tournament thread as soon as they're posted.

I had the most hyped thing ever too, everyone in the entire place (so like 20 people lol) were all gathered around just to watch it and were freaking out. I was in doubles and my teamate died leaving me with 1 stock against Fox and Kirby, Fox with 2 stocks and Kirby with 1, and I came back and won it on SV to make it to top 4, it was awesome.

I also REALLY suck bad at the Snake MU, so I recorded my matches with a local Snake which I lost 2-1 (really didnt deserve the one win though) and would love some critique when its up, I seriously have no idea what to do in that MU, Im terrible at it.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Dabuz was doing mad work when I left.

Just got home gaiz!

Atomsk went Lucario game 1 on SV, which I won. Then I lost DDD SV game 2, and won the same MU on Halberd as a 2 stock (I think. Either that or my last stock was fresh...).

No videos of my pools. =[

I DO, however, have videos of me playing against two different MKs (EE and Cheese) during bracket. I won both sets. My set with Cheese exemplified the reason why you don't Dair camp Yoshi. :awesome:

I'm very pleased with how I did in bracket. I almost beat Ally. Uair'd him at like, 115% last stock, near the top of the screen, last stock. BUT BECAUSE SNAKE IS SO GOD DAMN FAT AIUDHBSAUIDHAUSIFSAULFBADSLI. Argh. I really needed that kill. He went MK on my CP (Castle siege) and a lot of unfortunate things happened. Lost that one with him at 1 stock 50%ish, which is good considering I had TWO early deaths for silly reasons.

My set with ADHD didn't go very well at all. I think I may have been burned out from the two MK sets I'd played immediately beforehand or something. I don't think I was playing as well as I could have, or focusing on reads as well as I usually do. Blargh. However, I did do better than Polt (didn't get 3 stocked on Halberd. =P)

I placed third at a side event for a Super Smash Land, a smash game that was made as if it were on the NES (or the gameboy, I forget). That game is HARD. There's only a jump and attack button. Attacks changed based on directional inputs and your current status (in the air, on the ground). There is like, NO HITSTUN, and damage racking is SLOW (seriously, most quick and more usable moves do like, 5% max). Not only that, but kill moves are like, NON EXISTENT. So I did what any sane person would do. Picked Link and camped. His "Zair" is a pretty godlike kill move. Dat spacing. Won a neat 8 bit Vaporeon figurine made out of legos for my placing. Which is great, because it was, in my opinion, the sexiest of all the choices, and I got last pick. :awesome:

I spent like, half an hour driving people to a hotel on Saturday and then when we FINALLY got there, the receptionist kicked half us out cuz people were dumb and CROWDED NEAR THE LOBBY. So I slept in my car with my sleeping bag as a pillow. I actually slept well and got like, 7-8 good hours of sleep. Woke up, went to the room, used the hot tub (awwwwwwwwww yeah) and showered. Good times.

We also went to TGIF on Saturday before leaving for the hotel. I ate A LOT. And by that, I mean that I ordered the cheapest thing there (cheese burger) and ate what other people didn't finish. Everyone also trolled me and told the waitress that it was my birthday. I was confused as hell when there were 50 people around clapping at me and wishing me a happy birthday. @_@ Naturally, I went along with it because I got free food for it. Shoutouts to Vinnie for treating me on my birthday. :awesome:

And that's that. I guess it was also my first tournament I've driven to. And my first road trip alone. Everything went pretty well.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
It's okay polt.
Δ's just the better yoshi ;)
lulz sounded like a blast delta!

But cheese is a commonly made fun of ic main....
And dosent main MK last I checked.
But good ****

Depster

Smash Champion
Some day... Some day, a Yoshi will rise to the top and vanquish the entire smash community!

The legend, it has been told.

Top Bottom