• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
That picture was not inappropriate unless you have something against dudes with their shirts off. I am disappoint.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
It was more like what he was doing in the picture. >_>

Locations doesn't mean anything.

Am I really at the Cross Counter Studios?
Yes, yes you are.

But seriously, if someone actually has a city typed in then I doubt they are joking about it. I hate it when people joke about their locations, too. Pretty pointless when you could actually be putting up relevant information instead.

HINT HINT POLT

grr
Uh...

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So how do I yoshi?

In all seriousness, I play Yoshi specifically for Icies and Metaknight. Also g&w stop being everywhere.

Scatz

Smash Champion
If you're playing Yoshi against MK, then you're doing it wrong.He loses that pretty soundly when MK is not being stupid. For ICs, they have no answers to B-reverse egglay. They'll have to blizzard to stop it, which then egg toss will **** them for using it. Use a combination of B-reverse egglay, spaced Bairs, and lightly thrown egg tosses and you're almost good to go. If you get Nana alone, then just Nair rush her to the other side and **** her.

Scatz

Smash Champion
MK freaking bodies Yoshi. The only **** that might give Yoshi a better chance is the research I'm doing.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Grabbing mk is tuff stuff.
The guide here was like "this chain grab may be alot to take in, so let's recap."
lulz.
Point, IC main.
I like some boards more than others.
Sue me :)

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
OH GOD IT'S TIME AGAIN FOR ANOTHER SLUSH STORY!

Friesday
Go to sleep around 11 AM and wake up close to 2 PM to get ready to head on over to Nike's house.

4:40 PM now at his house testing buttons and stuff in friendlies with JRUGS Nike and K Prime since I had Paw fix my controller (Z Y and C-Stick randomly worked/didn't work).

We leave his house around 5:20 something I think, And it's Hot/Humid as ****. Techno, Trashcan jokes towards Nike, and Nike + Paw making sure they remind me how close we are to my natural Enemy; BUC-EE's! And so it was... We go to Buc-ee's again... I had a slight headache due to the smell. But it thankfully was not as bad as last time.

In houston after close to 5 hours! We all get to enjoy the OP image of the Houston Thread up close, SO BRIGHT! And we played The Cube while searching for Sync's house, Paw Came buckets many many Buckets that day died from his Poison.

At Sync's house now, It's full of people and with how the weather is already, I knew I probably wouldn't sleep. I try and get some friendlies in but there was only three set-ups and Pj constantly asking me to MM him instead of waiting tomorrow wasn't helping.
After close to an hour of having only two or so friendlies from KB and still not accustomed to my controllers buttons actually working, I knew I probably wouldn't do good tomorrow coupled with the possibly no sleep i'd get that night. (Sure enough I got none) Pj asked again for the MM, I agreed since it seems I won't be able to grab anymore friendlies until later tonight when everyone is asleep. I lose 0-2 forgetting the TL MU since I haven't played one since Nikefest 3.

====

Sitonurday
5 AM and everyone is still asleep except for I think K Prime Tesh and two others I forgot about. I play friendlies with An IC's main and win every Friendly we played. I think I played Mystic's Pit/Fox/Falco as well, which I won against too.

Close to 9 AM, everyone is waking up I see a bed and think "YES I CAN ACTUALLY SNATCH A FEW HOURS OF SLEEP" But it didn't work It was too humid to sleep and like few people, I like sleeping with the covers covering my entire body, Face included. So I was going to a tournament with the not even 3 hours of sleep I had Friday afternoon.

We leave for the tournament. Cause of Houston's great Highways, we got lost on the way there but we found a gas station so that's a Plus. Paw was scared though, due to the neighborhood it seemed likely we were going to die, A 200% chance of it happening too.

Thankfully we got to the tournament losing only K Prime while in Action, The little Pikachu shall be missed.
We wait outside since we're not allowed in yet, Xyro comes out with his usual announcements and also directs our attention to a Panda Express that was giving out Free Foodge! IT WAS GLORIOUS, EVEN IF I DIDN'T EAT! We're finally inside, I sign up for singles only due to me needing to save money for Genesis 2. I play only two friendly sets, One against Yosh (The Great Yoshi ditto that I have no idea how to Play!) Barely win... I need to change my playstyle. And a set against someone I can't remember...

11:?0 AM Tournament begins, I r get zombie 2-0.

Next is Sync, "OH GOD META KNIGHT ALREADY?!" I instantly thought.
First match on Lylat Cruise, I forgot this was a bad stage for Yoshi... I lose.
Game 2 on FD since he banned Delfino (for some odd reason) I win with 2 stocks low Percent.

NOW HERE IS WHERE **** GETS REAL! Game 3.... Brinstar. I Deltacod the entire match, my second stock I was under the stage and DJ'ed up due to Lava rising and he Fsmashes me taking off my second stock... Now we're both at our last stock, I'm around 120% Sync is at I believe 133%. Thinking he'll rush towards me while I was in the air, I DownB on stage and I tapped the Y button (Not fast enough) but get hit by lava. Now sitting at 131% with 50 seconds on the clock.
I grab the ledge and proceed to camp, around 33 Seconds he rushes towards me, So I ledge drop and DJ... But he uses Fsmash again and HITS ME! I couldn't figure out HOW, this time I was lower than usual since there was no lava rising like last time... Due to losing like this I try a possible scapegoat to win. LGL = 33, I WAS LITERALLY ABOUT TO JUMP AND CHEER, until I remembered the BRC kept it as 35 not 30... I lost the set, it made me upset severely all day.

Next match, Diego, 2-0 I winz.

Now it's time for more fun, Dphat vs Leaf. Most people say "Leaf's a scrub he's obviously just a free win for Dphat" But apparently Dphat suicides 4 times with Meta knight and loses... So after I finish my set with Diego I go to ask him who he played, He turns around and has the biggest smile on his face. If his smile could stretch off his face, his smile would be able to reach Space itself. Leaf Won against Dphat, Everyone who heard him announce this to Xyro was literally in Awe as me and a few others hear Dphat constantly saying "I SD'd 6 times" (not literally... I don't think, was busy with my set)

So due to Leaf beating Dphat, I had to play him in losers. So i'm knocked out of the tournament early, Losing to Two Meta Knights, I'm real Salty about this. I literally asked Xyro if the BRC is planning/discussing ANYTHING about an MK ban, can't remember the answer but it was most likely no with him also being annoyed with the outcome of nothing being done. Cause of this lose, Against MK, Again, Just like the LSC#1. I've decided to just be one of those annoying *******es who joins MK ban groups (Supreme Dirt's group) and sit in the Unity Ruleset supporting the Ban against him.

As for my other San Antonio Friends, Not sure how JRUGS does but all I remember is he played Illmatic and got 17th. Nike loses to Meta Knight (No surprise...), and YOSH, So he's 17th as well.
Paw does pretty good this tournament and knocks KB out of the tournament... but loses to Tesh and recieves 13th place.
K Prime always does great, he got 7th place along with Dphat losing to... You guessed it! Meta Knight.

Tournament is over and friendlies and stuff happening, Nike Vs Leaf MM was starting! Was up 2-1 until Nike got Ganon on Bridge of Eldin while Leaf had Lucario... Not even 2 minutes in and we were already needing to pack up and leave around 8:20 so Xyro does the honors of helping them out by turning the Wii off.

Now sitting outside the Venue talking about the tournament with Yosh Illmatic Leaf etc. Illmatic apparently wants to drop Peach for... Meta knight. Not sure about the Reason but I just kept hearing cause of Nike beating his Peach for the 43859840898 time. Was so out of it (Tired) I had no idea Nike and the others were already in the car about to take off, Some of us head over to Chick-fil-a and eat... Free Ice cream was given out. Can this day get any better!?

====

Sundae
Now.. 12 something AM when we're back at Sync's house. We play Mario Party 2 all night and afterwards 2.0 Temple and random matches along with playing random custom stages Sync made, so I of course stayed up all night again. Everyone was asleep except for me and K prime, so another MP 2 match was inevitable, after this was done K Prime sleeps close to 5 AM and I decide to sit outside the rest of the night and think about how it would've turned out for me if I beaten Sync...

Play Leaf. and possibly win, Get Illmatic Next and either go to Game 3 or Last hit last stock on Game 2 only for him to get the final hit. Then.. the inevitable having to play Dphat if I was to lose against Illmatic. In the end, I just kept saying to myself "it's MK, and no matter what, if I won or lost against Sync an MK player, i'd still have to face Dphat later on for 9th instead of 25th"

Now close to 1 PM, we leave Sync's house and eat at Denny's with Gnes. After finishing that, we head back to SA. More trashcan jokes towards Nike, More techno and even the reminders of us returning to Buc-Ee's was imminent! Finally back at Nike's house around 7 PM after taking K Prime/Paw to their destinations and I decide to Discuss how gay MK was with JRUGS and Genesis 2 stuff since my ride/his was talking.

I don't arrive home till 11 PM and I don't sleep until... Hell I dunno around 4 AM possibly and woke up close to 11 AM, still awake now and already in this MK Ban Group I found thanks to John#'s sig and such.

tl;dr
No sleep all weekend outside of the close to 3 hours I had on Fryday before heading to Nike's
Test now working controller for close to an hour
On the road discussing Nike's forshadowing events with trashcans Finding out which CD discs are still working with techno while some skip.
Lose to PJ in a MM with not being used with Now working Controller buttons.
Tournament day and lose to Meta Knights and see bracket to finally realize if I won against sync I would've had a shot at 9th with Yosh.
Free Food and Ice Cream.
Mario Party 2/Random Fun with SSBB that isn't just the usual Serious singles and doubles.

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace

Friesday
Go to sleep around 11 AM and wake up close to 2 PM to get ready to head on over to Nike's house.

4:40 PM now at his house testing buttons and stuff in friendlies with JRUGS Nike and K Prime since I had Paw fix my controller (Z Y and C-Stick randomly worked/didn't work).

We leave his house around 5:20 something I think, And it's Hot/Humid as ****. Techno, Trashcan jokes towards Nike, and Nike + Paw making sure they remind me how close we are to my natural Enemy; BUC-EE's! And so it was... We go to Buc-ee's again... I had a slight headache due to the smell. But it thankfully was not as bad as last time.

In houston after close to 5 hours! We all get to enjoy the OP image of the Houston Thread up close, SO BRIGHT! And we played The Cube while searching for Sync's house, Paw Came buckets many many Buckets that day died from his Poison.

At Sync's house now, It's full of people and with how the weather is already, I knew I probably wouldn't sleep. I try and get some friendlies in but there was only three set-ups and Pj constantly asking me to MM him instead of waiting tomorrow wasn't helping.
After close to an hour of having only two or so friendlies from KB and still not accustomed to my controllers buttons actually working, I knew I probably wouldn't do good tomorrow coupled with the possibly no sleep i'd get that night. (Sure enough I got none) Pj asked again for the MM, I agreed since it seems I won't be able to grab anymore friendlies until later tonight when everyone is asleep. I lose 0-2 forgetting the TL MU since I haven't played one since Nikefest 3.

====

Sitonurday
5 AM and everyone is still asleep except for I think K Prime Tesh and two others I forgot about. I play friendlies with An IC's main and win every Friendly we played. I think I played Mystic's Pit/Fox/Falco as well, which I won against too.

Close to 9 AM, everyone is waking up I see a bed and think "YES I CAN ACTUALLY SNATCH A FEW HOURS OF SLEEP" But it didn't work It was too humid to sleep and like few people, I like sleeping with the covers covering my entire body, Face included. So I was going to a tournament with the not even 3 hours of sleep I had Friday afternoon.

We leave for the tournament. Cause of Houston's great Highways, we got lost on the way there but we found a gas station so that's a Plus. Paw was scared though, due to the neighborhood it seemed likely we were going to die, A 200% chance of it happening too.

Thankfully we got to the tournament losing only K Prime while in Action, The little Pikachu shall be missed.
We wait outside since we're not allowed in yet, Xyro comes out with his usual announcements and also directs our attention to a Panda Express that was giving out Free Foodge! IT WAS GLORIOUS, EVEN IF I DIDN'T EAT! We're finally inside, I sign up for singles only due to me needing to save money for Genesis 2. I play only two friendly sets, One against Yosh (The Great Yoshi ditto that I have no idea how to Play!) Barely win... I need to change my playstyle. And a set against someone I can't remember...

Game 2 on FD since he banned Delfino (for some odd reason) I win with 2 stocks low Percent.

NOW HERE IS WHERE **** GETS REAL! Game 3.... Brinstar. I Deltacod the entire match, my second stock I was under the stage and DJ'ed up due to Lava rising and he Fsmashes me taking off my second stock... Now we're both at our last stock, I'm around 120% Sync is at I believe 133%. Thinking he'll rush towards me while I was in the air, I DownB on stage and I tapped the Y button (Not fast enough) but get hit by lava. Now sitting at 131% with 50 seconds on the clock.
I grab the ledge and proceed to camp, around 33 Seconds he rushes towards me, So I ledge drop and DJ... But he uses Fsmash again and HITS ME! I couldn't figure out HOW, this time I was lower than usual since there was no lava rising like last time... Due to losing like this I try a possible scapegoat to win. LGL = 33, I WAS LITERALLY ABOUT TO JUMP AND CHEER, until I remembered the BRC kept it as 35 not 30... I lost the set, it made me upset severely all day.

Now it's time for more fun, Dphat vs Leaf. Most people say "Leaf's a scrub he's obviously just a free win for Dphat" But apparently Dphat suicides 4 times with Meta knight and loses... So after I finish my set with Diego I go to ask him who he played, He turns around and has the biggest smile on his face. If his smile could stretch off his face, his smile would be able to reach Space itself. Leaf Won against Dphat, Everyone who heard him announce this to Xyro was literally in Awe as me and a few others hear Dphat constantly saying "I SD'd 6 times" (not literally... I don't think, was busy with my set)

So due to Leaf beating Dphat, I had to play him in losers. So i'm knocked out of the tournament early, Losing to Two Meta Knights, I'm real Salty about this. I literally asked Xyro if the BRC is planning/discussing ANYTHING about an MK ban, can't remember the answer but it was most likely no with him also being annoyed with the outcome of nothing being done. Cause of this lose, Against MK, Again, Just like the LSC#1. I've decided to just be one of those annoying *******es who joins MK ban groups (Supreme Dirt's group) and sit in the Unity Ruleset supporting the Ban against him.

As for my other San Antonio Friends, Not sure how JRUGS does but all I remember is he played Illmatic and got 17th. Nike loses to Meta Knight (No surprise...), and YOSH, So he's 17th as well.
Paw does pretty good this tournament and knocks KB out of the tournament... but loses to Tesh and recieves 13th place.
K Prime always does great, he got 7th place along with Dphat losing to... You guessed it! Meta Knight.

Tournament is over and friendlies and stuff happening, Nike Vs Leaf MM was starting! Was up 2-1 until Nike got Ganon on Bridge of Eldin while Leaf had Lucario... Not even 2 minutes in and we were already needing to pack up and leave around 8:20 so Xyro does the honors of helping them out by turning the Wii off.

Now sitting outside the Venue talking about the tournament with Yosh Illmatic Leaf etc. Illmatic apparently wants to drop Peach for... Meta knight. Not sure about the Reason but I just kept hearing cause of Nike beating his Peach for the 43859840898 time. Was so out of it (Tired) I had no idea Nike and the others were already in the car about to take off, Some of us head over to Chick-fil-a and eat... Free Ice cream was given out. Can this day get any better!?

====

Sundae
Now.. 12 something AM when we're back at Sync's house. We play Mario Party 2 all night and afterwards 2.0 Temple and random matches along with playing random custom stages Sync made, so I of course stayed up all night again. Everyone was asleep except for me and K prime, so another MP 2 match was inevitable, after this was done K Prime sleeps close to 5 AM and I decide to sit outside the rest of the night and think about how it would've turned out for me if I beaten Sync...

Play Leaf. and possibly win, Get Illmatic Next and either go to Game 3 or Last hit last stock on Game 2 only for him to get the final hit. Then.. the inevitable having to play Dphat if I was to lose against Illmatic. In the end, I just kept saying to myself "it's MK, and no matter what, if I won or lost against Sync an MK player, i'd still have to face Dphat later on for 9th instead of 25th"

Now close to 1 PM, we leave Sync's house and eat at Denny's with Gnes. After finishing that, we head back to SA. More trashcan jokes towards Nike, More techno and even the reminders of us returning to Buc-Ee's was imminent! Finally back at Nike's house around 7 PM after taking K Prime/Paw to their destinations and I decide to Discuss how gay MK was with JRUGS and Genesis 2 stuff since my ride/his was talking.

I don't arrive home till 11 PM and I don't sleep until... Hell I dunno around 4 AM possibly and woke up close to 11 AM, still awake now and already in this MK Ban Group I found thanks to John#'s sig and such.

tl;dr
No sleep all weekend outside of the close to 3 hours I had on Fryday before heading to Nike's
On the road discussing Nike's forshadowing events with trashcans Finding out which CD discs are still working with techno while some skip.
Tournament day and lose to Meta Knights and see bracket to finally realize if I won against sync I would've had a shot at 9th with Yosh.
Free Food and Ice Cream.
Mario Party 2/Random Fun with SSBB that isn't just the usual Serious singles and doubles.
TL;DR

Fun Fact the sleep or a variation of the word was used 13 times in that story. Go to bed Slush.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master

Friesday

====

Sitonurday

====

Sundae

tl;dr
Free Food and Ice Cream.
Dontcha just love free ice cream?

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero

Friesday

====

Sitonurday

====

Sundae

tl;dr
Free Food and Ice Cream.
Quoted it, just to quote it

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Guys, please do not quote large posts. Refer only to the section you are talking about and delete the rest.

Thank you.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I've never once spammed a thread mink.
I've made pointless posts, but it's the social thread. It's for talking about things that may or may not have to do with that character.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Awesome story Slush, and way to go for leaf, I love that kid.

And I've been guilty of spamming multiple times before, but Ive tried my best to change that.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea

Friesday

====

Sitonurday

====

Sundae

tl;dr
Free Food and Ice Cream.
Sounds like you have a matchup or two to learn.

I also have a story of my own.

I go to this same tournament, whatever, get knocked out early because I forget how to play safe.

I come back to my favorite Yoshi boards at 5am today and what do I find? They made Poltergust a mod instead of me. Maaaaaaaaaaaan, screw this. Buncha political nonsense on a video game forum. I quit this game.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
MK on brinstar, you should've seen that one coming Slush! Doesn't the ledge limit make you lose only apply when it goes to time?

Don't worry, MK is for those who can't stand the overwhelming fear of losing. Phase X-2 is Meta-banned btw.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
imo MK is easier for Yoshi than Dedede.

Dedede:Nado is 30:70, then there's the rest of him making it worse.

I don't buy the "65:35" MUs for high mid characters, it's just people not wanting to admit their good character has unwinnables. Far too many of them should be 30:70 or worse.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Sounds like you have a matchup or two to learn.

I also have a story of my own.

I go to this same tournament, whatever, get knocked out early because I forget how to play safe.

I come back to my favorite Yoshi boards at 5am today and what do I find? They made Poltergust a mod instead of me. Maaaaaaaaaaaan, screw this. Buncha political nonsense on a video game forum. I quit this game.
Hurry, Polt, get this man a perma-ban!

:005:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I hate fighting MK with D3, its ******** :/

D3 is one of my fav characters and whenever I use him in friendlies and stuff, most people go MK and it sucks.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Because DDD is a ****** *** homo character that deserves to be counterpicked.

Top Bottom