• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ewwww Lucario.

We will not discuss that character in these forums! (unless it's about his sexy body DAT @SS)

~momentai~

Smash Journeyman
Ha, you guys don't beat the peach boards in terms of pony content.
I miss dexter's lab. <3

Why's it so busy here? I always thought that Yoshi was the least common character in brawl.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Except now, every time you touch our shield you take a uair to the face ;)

Steam

Smash Hero
Except now, every time you touch our shield you take a uair to the face ;)
only when we dair it... which is something lucarios are pretty used to. it's not even all that much of an improvement when yoshi can just tank though the first (and sometimes second) hit of dair and land Uair anyways with DJ armor :p

lucario doesn't abuse yoshi's shield all that well lol.

Yikarur

Smash Master
I hate when I sit in my shield and I have to hope for my opponent to hit me.. and when he doesn't... terrible situation xD

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
only when we dair it... which is something lucarios are pretty used to. it's not even all that much of an improvement when yoshi can just tank though the first (and sometimes second) hit of dair and land Uair anyways with DJ armor :p

lucario doesn't abuse yoshi's shield all that well lol.
Do you play any yoshis at all? We are your ***** in shield if you start dairing it. spot dodge we get dair'd again, shield drop, dair'd again. The best we can do is roll and hope you don't read it and kill us at like 10% cause you're lucario. I ain't mad tho I just won't shield ;D

:phone:

Steam

Smash Hero
this is why you don't use your shield against lucario except as a last resort?

your Uair does compete with luc's dair... especially when you have DJ armor to tank through it. or read it and run to a side and pivot grab, SH wavebounce egglay maybe? most characters have better options than lucario does for ****** yoshi's awful shield. Yoshi mainly loses to lucario because he gets outclassed basically everywhere.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
If you actually space Dair on landing, we can't grab you out of it. It's essentially safe. DJ armor is incredibly risky in this MU due to aura, and getting the hit in between DAirs isn't really a reactionable thing and requires somewhat of a read.

Yoshi loses to Lucario because killing him is a pain in the *** due to Dair. It's also pretty hard to even get in on Lucario due to the lack of a usable shield.

Steam

Smash Hero
your uair has almost the same range as dair... and the first hit of dair will NEVER knock you out of your DJ since it's based on knockback... sooooo your uair pretty solidly beats his dair with the help of DJ...

also if luc spaces his Dair on your shield you should be able to roll away... keep in mind lucario is floaty and when he uses a well spaced dair he won't be hitting the ground any time soon...

if lucario has anything that really ***** the shield it's things like Ftilt and Fsmash... they're already quite safe on shield and are completely safe on yoshi. Yoshi not having hardly any good options out of grab on lucario lets lucario Fsmash somewhat without being too afraid while yoshi doesn't have much to deal with it. Ftilt is basically a mini fsmash... but even if yoshi's shield weren't terrible he still couldn't do much to a lucario spacing on him except maybe dash/pivot grab, the former of which is risky and the latter of which would probably get outspaced most of the time... plus yoshi gets like no reward off of them.

yoshi also gets outcamped and pretty much loses in the air with the exception of DJ shenangans and maybe egg lay (*rage*) to outspace his spacing tools.

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
your uair has almost the same range as dair... and the first hit of dair will NEVER knock you out of your DJ since it's based on knockback... sooooo your uair pretty solidly beats his dair with the help of DJ...

also if luc spaces his Dair on your shield you should be able to roll away... keep in mind lucario is floaty and when he uses a well spaced dair he won't be hitting the ground any time soon...

if lucario has anything that really ***** the shield it's things like Ftilt and Fsmash... they're already quite safe on shield and are completely safe on yoshi. Yoshi not having hardly any good options out of grab on lucario lets lucario Fsmash somewhat without being too afraid while yoshi doesn't have much to deal with it. Ftilt is basically a mini fsmash... but even if yoshi's shield weren't terrible he still couldn't do much to a lucario spacing on him except maybe dash/pivot grab, the former of which is risky and the latter of which would probably get outspaced most of the time... plus yoshi gets like no reward off of them.

yoshi also gets outcamped and pretty much loses in the air with the exception of DJ shenangans and maybe egg lay (*rage*) to outspace his spacing tools.
See my thing with dair is that It has actually broken my shield at least twice. Fsmash lol we can Shield grab it on Power Shield. and to be honest after I shield something like that I'll just use it to roll away. Not like i was gonna get somewhere being in my shield near you. That's not getting ***** in shield to me. Getting ***** in shield is having me in a panic because my shield is either gonna get broken, im gonna get hit out of my roll, or just grabbed for being indecisive on what i should do.

and as for the dair thing. Might work if we're going at you and we have a nice hard read. I'll at least play with it, but when you're close to the ground with it i don't see me getting around it like that.

Steam

Smash Hero
just like DJ right after you jump if you're close to the ground >.>

and yoshi has a functional powershield??? I never knew...

if luc spaces his fsmash well IDK if yoshi can reach him with OOS grab... will test brb

edit: yeah luc's fsmash outspaces it by a pretty comfortable margin.

Top Bottom