• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Shiri, let's have a little talk about semi-colons.

;

You see, I'm going to turn your life around right now.

"This is fact; not opinion." This is not a correct usage of semi-colons, and let me explain why.

The first clause, "this is fact," is complete, and therefore not the problem. The second clause, "not opinion," is dependent upon the first. Because they are not both independent, you would put a comma instead of a semi-colon.

Semi-colons are ONLY used to separate a sentence between two independent clauses where a period might be too drastic a break. OR ELSE, it separates a list of things which already contain commas, for clarity.

There we go, class.

You can tell your parents you learned something from the Internet.

D

Deleted member

way to prove a point stocky....

by taking a vid from may 08

that'll show em
They see me trollin...

Shiri, let's have a little talk about semi-colons.

;

You see, I'm going to turn your life around right now.

"This is fact; not opinion." This is not a correct usage of semi-colons, and let me explain why.

The first clause, "this is fact," is complete, and therefore not the problem. The second clause, "not opinion," is dependent upon the first. Because they are not both independent, you would put a comma instead of a semi-colon.

Semi-colons are ONLY used to separate a sentence between two independent clauses where a period might be too drastic a break. OR ELSE, it separates a list of things which already contain commas, for clarity.

There we go, class.

You can tell your parents you learned something from the Internet.
I love you

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Midwest is a lot better than you think Z'zgashi...
Not my area though, we probably have the worst area of all... (utah is soooo bad lol, me included :D) But we do awesome in doubles for some reason, idk why \O.o/

Depster

Smash Champion
I'm actually white but I showed the I'm a Korean video to a couple people today, it's stuck in my head.

Airborne

Smash Lord
My favorite living creature in the world, my dog Hershey, was almost killed by a speeding truck in my neighborhood today. The truck had a screeching stop that was about 20 feet long ended in the truck ramming my dog with the small force left over from the deceleration, hitting him in the rear side, and scratching the pads on his paws to the point where they started bleeding.

I came home from a great day at work, getting 10 hours in, receiving a $15 tip while working the counter, and getting confirmation that I got a job peer tutoring General Chemistry next semester. However, I am not in the mood for bull**** due to the ordeal described in the paragraph above, so I might take a break from these boards for the next couple days.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
My friends cat once got on top of a garbage can and jumped into the back of a moving pickup. It was awesome cuz we saw it happen.

Sharky

Smash Master
aw poor hershey =(
also, it's snowing.us In may.us wtf. And Yannick you can't say anything cause you should be up here suffering with me lol

Airborne

Smash Lord
Hershey's doing better now; yesterday, we was sedated from some shot, and it was quite hilarious to see him just stand there like a statue, sometimes swaying just a bit from not feeling a thing. During dinner, we gave him this Pedigree Jumbone thin to eat outside, and he would just walk laps between the backyard and the door, staring through the window with it in his mouth. He didn't actually start eating until he had been out there for 10-15 minutes. XD

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
If you find them, let me know... I've been looking for them for too long. Haven't been able to find them anywhere. Not even Walmart... You know you have a tragedy when Walmart doesn't have what you've been looking for...
I have never been to a Walmart.

Top Bottom