• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
So how does one fight Diddy with Yoshi? I couldn't do it with Lucario, but maybe I can do it with Yoshi! :O
Try picking up a new character. I find that the characters that dont suck dik usually do fairly well against diddy. Give it a shot.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I think yoshi deals with diddy well though, reverse naner haxorz!!

Gamer10

Smash Rookie
I'm always wondering why Yoshi isn't he Low tier section. He has pretty average attacks, and does air combat great. It's not like Nintendo added where Yoshi can jump up a bit on his egg throw in brawl, right?

Double_Edge

Smash Rookie
I'm always wondering why Yoshi isn't he Low tier section. He has pretty average attacks, and does air combat great. It's not like Nintendo added where Yoshi can jump up a bit on his egg throw in brawl, right?
=o someone with worse grammar than me?

yea egg throw gives him a slight boost, only for a couple

At a competitive level yoshi is low tier due to his awful Out of Shield game, lack of safe and good options (let alone better), and a large blind spot. There are many other factors such as dealing with projectile spam, recovering at High %'s (vs certain characters), several "limited use" moves, laggy/slow projectile, lack of quality kill moves , etc.

You will start to notice some of these things if u start to play yoshi competitivly.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Yoshi sucks. Play someone better.

He's gimmicky, and lacks reliable options that don't get beat out.

He lacks options in general, really.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Bair has insane priority, the last time I checked. Can't the same be said for Uair?

Those two moves, the ones you listed, and Pivot Grabs are all Yoshi should be using.

I haven't smoked weed since a week ago, unfortunately.

D

Deleted member

I saw marik didnt even place top 5 in brawl+ and got last in normal brawl...
Dont listen to him :p

He is right that yoshi sucks but he has the reasons wrong and he doesnt place so he cant use yoshi as an excuse.

Edit: Bair has above average prioirty, usmash and uair are his only two good priority moves.
If you think those moves are the only ones you should be using...well...no
No wonder you arent placing so well =P

.Marik

is a social misfit
I saw marik didnt even place top 5 in brawl+ and got last in normal brawl...
Dont listen to him :p

He is right that yoshi sucks but he has the reasons wrong and he doesnt place so he cant use yoshi as an excuse.
Shut up, I got gimped by a Lucas Bair in Brawl+. It was Game 3, and last stock.

At least I made it out of Pools. :D

Yoshi is pure gimmicks. How can I be wrong?

I never gave examples, just said Yoshi is gimmicky.

D

Deleted member

Uhh the time i didnt make it out of pools was... january 09
:p

I have ***** pools since then, since i never want that to happen again. At active gamers i beat larry in pools and at winter games fest i 12-0d my pool which was one of the hardest pools at the tourny, and i 2-0d two ranked players, and one veteran who used to be top 3 in socal.

Get at me son

.Marik

is a social misfit
No, I'm just proud I made it out of Pools.

I'm not talking about you. :yoshi:

You should attend East Coast tournaments. If you don't get *****, you'd be incredible.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I honestly doubt Burntsocks would get *****, by the way.

I hate posting here. Everyone jumps to conclusions.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
No, I'm just proud I made it out of Pools.

I'm not talking about you. :yoshi:

You should attend East Coast tournaments. If you don't get *****, you'd be incredible.
They're not that bad to place alright in unless you get bracket *****. I tend to get ***** out of winners early, but no johns. Socks would probably place like I do around here, I'd guess.

Lol at **** talking for a region you don't even live in.
Loooooooool.

Jab is amazing and you all should stuff more approaches with it.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
They're not that bad to place alright in unless you get bracket *****. I tend to get ***** out of winners early, but no johns. Socks would probably place like I do around here, I'd guess.

Loooooooool.

Jab is amazing and you all should stuff more approaches with it.
Who are the people who do really good around there?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Eh, just check the results of my recent tournament. Those are the usual high placers. Past the top 4 or so we see some variation, though.
Yeah kinda like where i am, the top 4 or 5 have hardly any variation (except if someone is gone) but everyone else is completely random, i usually place 7th or better though ;D

D

Deleted member

Delta i would not lose to jtails. (Just kidding i dont wanna speculate on how i would do in your region, i dont like MK and you guys have lots).
I also play a few characters at tournament level so i can CP hardcore against people with brinstar meta knight, or FD falco which makes me slightly more dangerous to people playing bad characters.

=]
Also, if we played in tourny i would 2-0 you sooooo easy :p
I would MM any yoshi player for any sum of money.

Zzgashi there are no good players in your region except X =P

MX778

Smash Journeyman
Oh my. I can't wait for MLG Columbus. That'll probably be the first official tourney that I attend in about 6 months. >.>

Also, can somebody link meh to that Skype thing that you all are using please? That Yoshi chat is appartently dead. :p

.Marik

is a social misfit
Just to clarify and reiterate my point, I just want Burntsocks to attend East Coast tournaments not because I think he'd get *****, but because I'm genuinely curious as to how he'd place.

It's generally agreed East Coast is more skilled and larger than West Coast regions. This isn't debatable.

I've also just realized, the Yoshi Boards are the most critical place on these forums.

I'm probably going to secondary Snake along with Yoshi now. Just wasn't confident enough using Snake in tournaments as of yet, so I used pure Yoshi.

It's not working out so well.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Delta i would not lose to jtails. (Just kidding i dont wanna speculate on how i would do in your region, i dont like MK and you guys have lots).
I also play a few characters at tournament level so i can CP hardcore against people with brinstar meta knight, or FD falco which makes me slightly more dangerous to people playing bad characters.

=]
Also, if we played in tourny i would 2-0 you sooooo easy :p
I would MM any yoshi player for any sum of money.

Zzgashi there are no good players in your region except X =P
I don't think so Tim.

And Jtails just CPs sooooooooooo hard. All our matches go round 3 last hit though, they're a lot of fun. I want to friendly him to death next I see him.

D

Deleted member

Just to clarify and reiterate my point, I just want Burntsocks to attend East Coast tournaments not because I think he'd get *****, but because I'm genuinely curious as to how he'd place.

It's generally agreed East Coast is more skilled and larger than West Coast regions. This isn't debatable.

I've also just realized, the Yoshi Boards are the most critical place on these forums.

I'm probably going to secondary Snake along with Yoshi now. Just wasn't confident enough using Snake in tournaments as of yet, so I used pure Yoshi.

It's not working out so well.
Hmmm debatable but yea probably.
A washington player did better than shadow, and oregon is just straight garbz lol.
Norcal is kinda good.
Socal is definately the best region in terms of like an actual region, but EC is probably better overall.

Both coasts sugg digg tho, Mexico is the best.
If you havent seen TKD's vids of beating tyrant and larry with fox, i suggest u go now :)

Edit: If we meet delta, 500$ MM, 3/5

Top Bottom